Is Virginia's own DONE???

Quote:
I know its hard for you to understand, because youve gone your whole life with a different self perspective than the people you come in contact with, but you are a moron. You cannot think things out logically, and form your opinions off ridiculous and ignorant trains of thought that somehow form in your narrow minded, noodle head.

LOL. This guy is making all kinds of asinine assumptions about me.

Quote:
Unfortunately fish are not on the same level as dogs, because they do not provide the same sense of companionship, and as humans we tend to place the value of life on whats worth the most to us personally.

Companionship?? You need to get more friends in your life if a pet is providing you with companionship. Like I said earlier..............

Quote:
Are people such as yourself more mad at the dogfighting aspect of the matter or more upset/HEARTBROKEN over the fact that Old Yeller is no longer around??
Team
DC/MD/VA
Cough up a lung..Where Im From!!
O.G. Member #5​

Quote:

"Even to this day, when I hear people say the term "animal rights" it makes me want to laugh. How can you put animals on the same playing field or same value scale as people?? What's next, people wanting to marry their own pets, sadly enough there are individuals out there that are in favor of that notion"

Uh...technically human-beings are animals too. And "Animal Rights" doesn't mean putting animals on the same playing field as human's, it means not torturing, brutalizing or tormenting other living, breathing things. Animal rights doesn't mean people want Fido to have the ability to vote, it means protecting animals from cruel and unusual punishment. And people in favor of marrying their own pets, thats a very, very, very, very, very, very small, insignificant part of the population, not even worth discussing because there are so few people. Thats called an extreme and isn't relevant at all...

Quote:

"you would think that he did kill humans they way people are treating/viewing him"

I haven't seen that. A lot of people are disgusted simply by the inhumane and barbaric way the animals were treated and killed. Thats all. Nobody is calling for the death penalty, nobody wants his head. He's a high-profile superstar in his prime who is very likely going to jail, OF COURSE people will talk about it...

Quote:

"For example, when driving on the road and seeing a dead animal, ie. cat, dog, deer, on the side of the road, nobody cares, people just go about their day and keep driving. There is no big outcry, or people don't stop and get out of the cars in fustration and you don't see these stories on your nightly news, reason being, cause it's no big deal."

Uh...probably because the animal was hit by a car, accidentally. Not killed by a human or another animal in an exhibition arranged by people for entertainment and gambling. There's kinda, sorta a difference between accidentally hitting an animal that came into the road as opposed to establishing a kennel and holding organized dog fights...

Quote:

"God forbid, if Vick was harming innocent children or was discovered to be a mass murderer, I would completely agree with him not returning to the league, but that is not the case at all"

Its not but he still broke a law. Feloniously, if I'm correct. Its not really what he did as much as the nature and severity of the crime - if its a felony, thats kinda a big deal. All things they got going - animal cruelty, dog fighting, gambling, etc, thats all included. Bad Newz Kennelz. And this is Michael Vick being punished by the league but its also the commissioner trying to set an example. All these high-profile athletes acting up and disgracing the league, he's trying not to allow the image of his league continued to be soiled. Its kind of a shame that these grown men making millions and in a position thousands wish they had are totally disgracing the league, their own reputations, etc. There's a time to grow up and be a man and unfortunately a lot of these guys are missing that point. Thats not a statement directed solely at Vick but a lot of these guys out here...

Wait Deuce, so people dont get pets for companionship? What do they get them for, as a cheap butler? Do your dogs balance iced teas on their head and bring them to you on hot summer days? Im really confused and intrigued by this
BEE THHERREE!!

Quote:
Uh...technically human-beings are animals too. And "Animal Rights" doesn't mean putting animals on the same playing field as human's, it means not torturing, brutalizing or tormenting other living, breathing things.
MarcoXShabazz at least you can express your point of view without the petty cheap shots, unlike your dog loving counterpart from earlier, thank you champ. I laugh when I hear the term animal rights because honestly, what "rights" do animals have, what do they do or what do you want them to do. I agree with you though, animals should not be tortured, brutalized, tormented, etc. etc. I think maybe the word "right" is used a bit too loosely here, or better yet, maybe they should choose a word that would fit more appropriately than that one. Also, the people that want to marry their pets may be "a very, very, very, very, very, very small, insignificant part of the population" as you put, but that population still exists, and its that same population that has the mentality that anmials should have rights, see the connection.

Quote:
I haven't seen that. A lot of people are disgusted simply by the inhumane and barbaric way the animals were treated and killed. Thats all. Nobody is calling for the death penalty, nobody wants his head.

I said the way that people are viewing this case and him in particular you would think he killed another individual but he didn't, he was involved with the death of animals. People are getting way bent out of shape over this, and if you feel that is not the case, check out a few of the threads in the Sports Forum, turn on your local news or national media outlet that discusses this case, or see what PETA is doing to try and bring Vick down even further.

Quote:
Its not but he still broke a law. Feloniously, if I'm correct. Its not really what he did as much as the nature and severity of the crime - if its a felony, thats kinda a big deal.Edit--

Quote:
Wait Deuce, so people dont get pets for companionship? What do they get them for, as a cheap butler? Do your dogs balance iced teas on their head and bring them to you on hot summer days? Im really confused and intrigued by this

Companionship to me in that regard would be somebodynoun
--the state of being with someone;

Team
DC/MD/VA
O.G. Member #5​

This BS is still going on?

Does it even matter any more? The boy finally copped to a plea and apparently did it without ratting out other folks. Court adjourned. Next!

read Courtland Milloy's article in the Metro section on hte hypocrisy of the entire trial. I thought it was a good read

Team DC/MD/VA​

Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
O.G. Member # 11
you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

Oh its over alright, but in reality I knew he was going down when I saw the dude on sportscenter blacked out snitiching on vick with his voice altered.
HOLLA AT THE ACE!!!
WASHINGTONNATIONALS

I think the problem most of the dog loving crowd is having is seeing that these aren't golden retrievers and lassie's laying dead in his backyard. These are some damn pit-bulls. Nobody I have ever known in my 21 years of life has ever copped a pit because they nice to have around the house. Sure it's illegal and you have to face the punishment when get caught. But I don't think ppl runnin dog fights should be in da same jails as murderers and rapists over some damned dogs. Most of the ppl outraged prolly didn't grow up in an environment where dogfighting took place so they probably don't understand it. Vick's mistake was bringing a hood activity into the suburbs and whitey definitely don't like that. I dare any of the ppl protestin Vick to go into a hood near you and start callin the ppl dogfightin scumbags and all this other stuff you wish was done to them to their face and see what happens. That is all.

Kenney..

Touche'

However, I don't think any Dog Lover or Pet Lover of any other animal can say one pet is far more loved or appreciated than another. Wouldn't you agree?

I mean just because Dog has been deemed Man's best friend. It's never been mine and I have always taken solace in just staring at my Fish (when I had tanks for days) word to Weebay. Sure they couldnt travel with me or go in the park and throw a frisbee with.. but for the most part that was something I never had an interest in.

However looking forward to coming home and chillen in front of my Tanks was something I often looked forward to in College and when I was married years ago.

It also added to the allure of the apt. when women used to come over. Nothin like watchin African Ciclids and Snake Heads fight each other to get the mood goin!! lol
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Quote:

"Also, the people that want to marry their pets may be "a very, very, very, very, very, very small, insignificant part of the population" as you put, but that population still exists, and its that same population that has the mentality that anmials should have rights, see the connection"

Hm. Let me inter-change Animal Rights with Religion. Normal, everyday Muslims, for example, they just want to have the freedom to express their religion, similar to how other groups have the same right. Radical Islamic Extremist, the likes of which we are fighting with in Iraq and other places, they wish to not only express their religion, they believe everyone else should subscribe to their beliefs. (Note, I don't support the war) Yes, that radical population exist but they are a small minority of the massive amount of people peacefully worshipping. Similar to with Animal Rights. Most of people believe animals should be free of the brutality, cruelity, etc. However, EXTREMIST such as PETA, they are simply an insane group of people. They are radicals. They exist but they can't be taken seriously in any context...

Quote:

"For people like this, its time to wake up and get reconnected with life and go out and get some real friends, ones that can actually communicate back with you, now that's companionship."

I'm a popular guy, I party, I go out with my friends/my girl but there's no denying that I have a connection with my pets. I don't know if I LOVE my pets, thats such a strong word, but there's definetly a connection. A lot of people - young kids, the elderly, etc - have a companionship with pets because they are always there, they are loyal, etc. Not in the sense that you would take Fido out to the Four Seasons, thats weird, but you know what I mean...

Quote:

"The nature and the severity of the crime I can agree with you on to a certain extent, but the felony position of the matter doesn't really bother me like it does most people on here. To each is own though"

I mean, the nature and severity of the crime, THATS what people are disgusted by. The felony, thats what the league is embarrassed by, especially in light of all the scrutiny. From THEIR point, it makes them look bad and they have to look out for protecting their own interest so thats why they are trying to do damage control. Is it right to possibly ban or suspend the man after his sentence? Eh, thats debatable and I can understand both sides. However, its the commissioners decision and he has to consider the precedent he'll be setting, the image of his league and potential revenues affected by the public reaction to Vick...

Quote:

"I said the way that people are viewing this case and him in particular you would think he killed another individual but he didn't, he was involved with the death of animals. People are getting way bent out of shape over this, and if you feel that is not the case, check out a few of the threads in the Sports Forum, turn on your local news or national media outlet that discusses this case, or see what PETA is doing to try and bring Vick down even further"

PETA is insane. PETA is the Al-Queda of the animal world, they're a disgrace, plain and simple. But I mean, people are shocked and appalled at the crime itself but also people are frustrated becuz some see it as a man with money, fame, etc blowing it all for something like this. The media attention, a lot of people are tuning in because like I said, its an entertaining, exciting player in their prime possibly having his career ended by scandal. Happened with Mike Tyson when he went to jail, happened with Muhammad Ali when he was banned, it'll happen anytime an athlete is taken down...

im from "downtown bad newz" not too far from ridley circle, where mike stayed, matter of fact i went to school across the street from ridley circle from 3rd-8th. and IN ridley circle in preschool, for a field one day we walked around the projects lookin for absent students. :lol:
laugh.gif
THE GREAT GUILLERMO
THE FEDS CAN SUCK MY
VICKS​

Rock, Im in absolute agreement with you on that. I was speaking strictly in terms of societal conditioning towards what pets stereotypically have more value attached to them... dogs, cats, you know what I mean.

"I laugh when I hear the term animal rights because honestly, what "rights" do animals have, what do they do or what do you want them to do. I agree with you though, animals should not be tortured, brutalized, tormented, etc. etc. I think maybe the word "right" is used a bit too loosely here, or better yet, maybe they should choose a word that would fit more appropriately than that one."

Just because you dont understand what animal rights are, does not mean anyone should come up with a new term to accomodate you. Who cares what they are called, do you understand what the term refers to? If you do, then shut up about what its called, you understood it (not to mention that it is infact the appropriate word). If you dont, thats not a matter of animal "rights" being an incorrect label, its that you are stupid. Regardless of whether or not you understand, its been clarified so I dont need to get into that

"Companionship to me"

No one cares about what companionship is "to you." Because if you think the term only applies to human beings youre just flat out wrong. You cant make up your own meanings for words.

"am I hitting to close to home champ??"

Despite being a strong advocate for animal rights, as well as vegan, I am not a dog owner. However if you want to be a smart @#%$, and are interested in being hit close to home, we could arrange that.

"companionship--noun
--the state of being with someone;"

The last resort of internet arguments... copying and pasting the definition of a word in order to steer the argument away from the intended discussion over some technicality. Even if that was the inappropriate term for what we were talking about (which its not) you udnerstood the point being made, so why argue about it? Its irrelevant. And if you are going to copy and paste a definition, dont try to only copy and paste the part thats relevant to your side @#%$.
companion1 [kuhm-pan-yuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
noun... 3. a mate or match for something: White wine is the usual companion of fish.

However using your logic my post might have looked something more like this
Companionship to me in that regard would be a low ranking knight,(hint hint) that you can go out to the joust, tavern or royal court with or something along those lines. A dog cant be a companion a companion is a low ranking knight!!!
companionnoun
5.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp a member of the lowest rank in an order of knighthood or of a grade in an order.

Also please just shut up about people marrying their dog. It is completly irrelevant, and there is no connection between that and the current discussion, aside from the fact that you are reaching for something to make animal rights advocates seem less intelligent (since in your dillusional mind animal rights are somehow a bad thing?)

BEE THHERREE!!

Excellent reads/ideals/views/opinions posted fellas...

This is the only local forum that keeps it going on NT...

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

How do you proclaim a dog "innocent".... were they on trial for something???? ...Media... sensationalism at its best

Yeah.. I read about this this morning and it deserves its own Thread... Feel free to join in. I am ticked off.
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Quote:
Federal prosecutors filed court documents last month to condemn 53 pit bulls seized in April as part of the investigation into dogfighting on the Vick's property. No one has claimed any of the dogs :lol:
laugh.gif
{ Feds begin to do the two-step}

Quote:
Yes, that radical population exist but they are a small minority of the massive amount of people peacefully worshipping. Similar to with Animal Rights. Most of people believe animals should be free of the brutality, cruelity, etc. However, EXTREMIST such as PETA, they are simply an insane group of people. They are radicals. They exist but they can't be taken seriously in any context...

I agree that PETA can be classified as extremists, but groups like them and individuals like them are the ones that are pushing the ban Mike Vick agenda and are taking this case way to far. Not to mention after this incident, PETA will grow in numbers, so they are a force to be aware of, a radical force at that.

Quote:
I'm a popular guy, I party, I go out with my friends/my girl but there's no denying that I have a connection with my pets. I don't know if I LOVE my pets, thats such a strong word, but there's definetly a connection.

I understand the connection part, truly I do and I'm cool with that but some individuals such as a few that have prior posts in this thread go a bit overboard with the whole connection part. For example, taking family photos with their dogs, dressing them up in outfits, having their pets sleep in the same bed as them. Those individuals need help badly.

Quote:
I mean, the nature and severity of the crime, THATS what people are disgusted by. The felony, thats what the league is embarrassed by, especially in light of all the scrutiny. From THEIR point, it makes them look bad and they have to look out for protecting their own interest so thats why they are trying to do damage control

Quote:
PETA is insane. PETA is the Al-Queda of the animal world, they're a disgrace, plain and simple. But I mean, people are shocked and appalled at the crime itself but also people are frustrated becuz some see it as a man with money, fame, etc blowing it all for something like this.

We agree again on both points.

Quote:
Just because you dont understand what animal rights are, does not mean anyone should come up with a new term to accomodate you. Who cares what they are called, do you understand what the term refers to? If you do, then shut up about what its called, you understood it (not to mention that it is infact the appropriate word).

It's not about coming up with a new term to accomodate me, it's about coming up with a term that has the proper meaning being used in the proper context. How do you know what "animal rights" animals want or don't want, YOU DON'T and neither do I or anyone else, but don't try to force and push your "so called" anmial rights objective like it actually means something.

Quote:
No one cares about what companionship is "to you."

Are you sure about that?? Below is your post from earlier.....

Quote:

Quote:
Despite being a strong advocate for animal rights, as well as vegan, I am not a dog owner.

Not a dog owner huh, well champ, heres your golden opportunity to do something positive in your life and stand up for your beliefs. Some 50 plus dogs that were seized from Vick's property will be put to sleep by the end of today if they are not claimed by an owner. How many dogs can the state of Virginia put you down for to pick up??

Quote:
However if you want to be a smart @#%$ , and are interested in being hit close to home, we could arrange that.

As I stated before........."Come on Cletus"

Quote:
The last resort of internet arguments... copying and pasting the definition of a word in order to steer the argument away from the intended discussion over some technicality. Even if that was the inappropriate term for what we were talking about (which its not) you udnerstood the point being made, so why argue about it?

Team
DC/MD/VA
O.G. Member #5​

Deuce... did you just call a brotha Cletus? :b
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom