Is your city being overun by a onslaught of Vans?

Vans kinda always just been around

All old pics
Tyga-Tommy-Hilfiger-Ruff-Riders-Vans-2.jpg

Screenshot_20170831-131653.png

old-skool-vans-frankocean.jpg

2159569f9f67074799548cdf44e3ca51.jpg

Wale
snm4djbccsuzcqgse4fg.jpg

this is what happens when an individual stays in one area for the majority of his life and feels his area is the center of the universe. therefore, any phenomena he sees that is not the norm, the individual's mind is perplexed. this thread just proves that it is important to travel and get outside of your comfort zone. god knows ninjarat needs that in order for him to understand he is not always right and what he thinks is not the general consensus. but i doubt op will take that into consideration.

NY 12 years late, I thought they were trendsetters?

certain folks out here just appropriating cali vibes and never seen a board before..its basically da poooor mans SB era :lol:

my point is unlike da SB era (which can be tracked to Pro b models catching fire wit collectors & supreme) , or even da decade old jerk era where u can pinpoint where da interest got garnered...

in 2017 I don't see what ostensibly kick off this run of sk8 Hi's wit da youth/broads in NYC...im receptive to hear ya theories/hypothesis :lol:

It is the celeb effect tho. All these celebs living in LA soaked up the Cali culture and started dressing themselves and their kids in vans and it trickled down to the masses.

Half cabs probably vans best shoe IMO. More cozy than old skools and authentics don't have enough shoe for me.

Not outside and it looks too plain.

Plain is why people like them and why they look great with a lot of casual clothes. Someone mentioned before but they're also good because there aren't big logos like a swoosh or three stripes.

What I hate is how my authentics and old skools came with laces that were way too long. They were old pairs so I dunno if it's still like that. The laces on my veggie tans seem good.

Ive been wearing Vans since I was 2. I can't even count the number of pairs of vans I've had throughout my life. I guess it's a Cali thing.

Vans arent new to NYC either... the whole punk rock /goth boys use to rock them heavy in the 90s. One of my homies wore jncos and vans...

certain folks out here just appropriating cali vibes and never seen a board before..its basically da poooor mans SB era :lol:

my point is unlike da SB era (which can be tracked to Pro b models catching fire wit collectors & supreme) , or even da decade old jerk era where u can pinpoint where da interest got garnered...

in 2017 I don't see what ostensibly kick off this run of sk8 Hi's wit da youth/broads in NYC...im receptive to hear ya theories/hypothesis :lol:

Again...."influencers" and "Collabs" kicked them off.

Jerry Lorenzo and FOG in early 2016
Supreme X Vans
PacSun becoming "cool" again.

Those 3 things are HUGE in the rise of vans.

IMG_9260.JPG

IMG_9261.JPG

IMG_9259.JPG

Bieber was pushing those FOG Vans with joggers with the side zips or ripped denim with side zips HAAAARD all through 2016. It kinda trickled from the high end....to regular everyday vans.

The FOG ones were a pacsun partnered shoe. Now, Pacsun sells all of the "stylish" vans. Got me in he door.

The old beat ya feet movement in DC 08-09 was mostly done in vans or NB's it's nothing new to the east coast unless you weren't paying attention.

SoCal native here and I just now got my first pair of Vans a few months ago.

$20 at the Outlet
lawhite3_1024x1024.jpg

real talk
maybe the price
while at the same time
vans can kinda go with anything

Back
Top Bottom