It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees Vol. Greece is on fire

Originally Posted by Penofski
pimp.gif
 Let's me know I have some time 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

^At this point, it seems like the old way of life is going to heading up with the much older way of life. (Money/ credit based vs. Gold / resource based trade).

You got countries that have been considered third world countries and banana republics for as long as we can remember rising to power with successful middle classes. Unlike the American middle class which saves on average about 5% to negative, BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) and other countries the like save about 25% and up of their income. These people aren't used to handouts so they work hard and keep what they work hard for. Versus the american way which is something like b/s ing through things because we have this attitude to expect things to always be coming down the pipe for us because we are Americans. That reality is fading slowly for some, fast for most. These countries don't want to become bottom feeders again and I think their alliances and attempts to circumnavigate this U.S./ Euro/ Colonial credit crisis will make them the antagonist in this war theater.

Also I feel that the widespread use of technology and media is leaving the world with little to be "wow-ed" with by encroaching colonial style empires. Basically how can they bribe the natives with trinkets when the natives already have iphones?

The US /Euro / IMF economies have an inverse relation with the wealth of the (BRIC's) and their rise to power and sustainability will directly relate to the fall of "american styled imperialism" across the globe. If they start trading with each other in gold and nationalized resources of their own, we can expect the price of everything to skyrocket. We will all see how fast a true services rendered economy can grow vs. one built off of credit and speculation like we have today.

What I'm really saying is that credit is not really a feasible method of sustaining a logically working empire. It is good a controlling something that is already bandaged and wounded up to the max though.

It's shocking as hell.
I'm in Europe right now for the semester studying...and this is really intense.
Some people were going to Greece this weekend and had to cancel their trips.
It's more than just a little riot. Greece is in major economic trouble and once they fall it will be a domino effect.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Boi

So they're rioting cause they're broke?!
Heavy cuts to benefits and public spending which will further contract their economy
Horrible.. this is def about to hit close to home.. 

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

It's shocking as hell.
I'm in Europe right now for the semester studying...and this is really intense.
Some people were going to Greece this weekend and had to cancel their trips.
It's more than just a little riot. Greece is in major economic trouble and once they fall it will be a domino effect.
Was hoping we'd have a NT'er in Europe to chime in 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

What does all of this lead to..................War.

Also will this all help usher in a one world government/currency?
I think the us dollar is the one world currency. It essentially has operated like one for a while. If you've traveled abroad somewhat you'll see how it's good tender everywhere. 
What I feel we are headed to are smaller localized economies. Diverse non-centralized economic entities with trade agreements. 

Originally Posted by Wr

What does all of this lead to..................War.

Also will this all help usher in a one world government/currency?
I think the us dollar is the one world currency. It essentially has operated like one for a while. If you've traveled abroad somewhat you'll see how it's good tender everywhere. 
What I feel we are headed to are smaller localized economies. Diverse non-centralized economic entities with trade agreements. 

Ooooo wow. Things will be very interesting.Any chance of a new currency?

Only thing I see as far as currency changes in the near future with America would probably be cashless majority of everything we do. We'll be so immersed into technology at the rate we're going now with smart phones and other mobile options, virtual money will be more prevalent. Technology has become our teller instead of us physically handling all of our transactions. If you work somewhere, they most of the time prefer you to be on direct deposit now. Your banks offer you incentives to go paperless. Everything you know about your balance, debits, credits you have to get online or over the phone. The psychology of handling business like this will change habits towards money of the general population making the switch being about as drastic as a new facebook layout upgrade. Smooth.

Wr that sounds pretty wild. Cashless is a very popular idea from everything I've seen.

This is all coming together.

So what happens as far as the middle east in your opinion?

So they just want the country to go broke? Greece's citizens weren't under and oppressive regimen, they allowed all of that out of control spending to take place, now they gotta pay for it they're rioting
30t6p3b.gif

This isn't going to lead to any World War 
laugh.gif
, even if the same happens in Italy and Spain. 

Wr that sounds pretty wild. Cashless is a very popular idea from everything I've seen. 

This is all coming together. 

So what happens as far as the middle east in your opinion?

^To me I've always felt like the middle east was the half court line in geo-politics. Been that way for thousands of years even to biblical times. I think the region will continue to stay unstable until whatever comes after all this regime change. We all know 20th century style invasions never really mend the countries up like the initial propaganda claimed to do. So whatever settles from the dust and is compromising enough in their views to the plethora of different ethnic groups and respects the differences they all have. That region of the world has so many conflicting ideals and viewpoints that the chances of peace are slim. 

Only thing i think could save the middle east is if people everywhere suspend the notion to fight over religion and title to religious assets. It's literally like a man died and left different wills with the different families he fathered and they all overlap. The lawyers wouldn't mind dragging this case out as far as possible. They get paid the longer their in court.

I'm pretty sure plenty have tried and plenty more are capable. It's really more like will that person be allowed to do so.

Back
Top Bottom