It's here. BoonDock Saints 2: All Saints Day

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

I..uh....still haven't seen the first one.

*zips up flame suit*

Also, The Departed is the american remake of a Chinese film from 02 called Internal Affairs.

Julius F. Wrek
I did not know that.

It still stole the Catholic Irish stylistics of Boondock Saints (Which came out in 1999).

I'm sure there were movies before Boondock Saints that had bits and pieces of that culture as part of the plot, but not as heavily used as them.

Also. Check your pm box.
sorry it's not a ripoff from boondock saints

The Departed, and the character of Francis "Frank" Costello (Jack Nicholson), is loosely based on the story of @#!%%@ Bulger, a Boston Southie considered by Law Enforcement to be one of the last Irish mobsters. Bulger often gave information to John Connolly, an FBI agent, on the Italian Mafia in Boston, in order to take over the city himself. Bulger spent his career as a psychotic killer and even ran guns for the IRA in the 1970s. Even after Bulger stopped passing on actual information to the FBI, Connolly still protected him from the Staties. Bulger is currently on the FBI's most wanted list and considered dangerous, even though he is in 70s.
Yea it did....
laugh.gif

So what that it was based on real life events.

The film still bit Boondock Saints' style.

this CAN'T be the only thread for boondock saints???? just saw it last night...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

gotta see the first one now!

anybody have a link if there's a different thread...

wow, that's surprising...i thought it kicked ##%
pimp.gif

and julie benz
eek.gif
smokin.gif

as soon as she stepped outta that car with the heels and nylons on...mmm mmm mmm, had me HOOKED to her!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It will probably be a poor attempt to copy the first one... but it will probably still be funny, have some cool action scenes, and most likely entertain me.

Saw it last night, spot on prediction. I couldn't stand the lady that replaced green goblin though.

CIDMAN911 wrote:
Originally Posted by smoke ya later

CIDMAN911 wrote:
Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

I..uh....still haven't seen the first one.

*zips up flame suit*

Also, The Departed is the american remake of a Chinese film from 02 called Internal Affairs.

Julius F. Wrek
I did not know that.

It still stole the Catholic Irish stylistics of Boondock Saints (Which came out in 1999).

I'm sure there were movies before Boondock Saints that had bits and pieces of that culture as part of the plot, but not as heavily used as them.

Also. Check your pm box.
sorry it's not a ripoff from boondock saints

The Departed, and the character of Francis "Frank" Costello (Jack Nicholson), is loosely based on the story of @#!%%@ Bulger, a Boston Southie considered by Law Enforcement to be one of the last Irish mobsters. Bulger often gave information to John Connolly, an FBI agent, on the Italian Mafia in Boston, in order to take over the city himself. Bulger spent his career as a psychotic killer and even ran guns for the IRA in the 1970s. Even after Bulger stopped passing on actual information to the FBI, Connolly still protected him from the Staties. Bulger is currently on the FBI's most wanted list and considered dangerous, even though he is in 70s.

Yea it did....
laugh.gif

So what that it was based on real life events.

The film still bit Boondock Saints' style.

Are you kidding me? What style? One is revenge killings, one is of the mob.

One is of Irish immigrants, one is of Bostonians of Irish descent.

If we know one thing about Scorsese, definitely unimaginative and a known plagiarizer.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom