It's official, JB is dead.

yeah that's why you're gonna see people will get robbed or killed, cause of the economy and the price that JB asks for some B-grade shoes

Anyone wonder why you see more Michael Jordan Hanes commercials than Jordan Nike commercials?

Jordan Brand is NOT dead.

Now I will completely agree it's not what it was only a few short years ago, but to call it dead just means you are very, very uninformed.

Does the True Flight ring a bell? Or maybe the CP 3.2, Fusion VI, Hare Jordan 1, Trunner Q4 etc. etc? These things are FLYING off the shelves.

There is more to life than just what people on NT think. I personally bought the pack because I like them. Not to re-sell or stare at or whatever. There areplenty of people who bought it just to stunt, plenty who never even looked at it to give it a chance, and many others who cannot sacrifice $310 for some shoesthey don't need. Regardless of how many are left right now, the fact is they won't last long.

DMP - Most of you say "when you can't even sell a DMP then JB is dead" - That's just a 3 letter acronym JB slapped on the box to drive up thehype for it and they failed imo in that aspect. Should have just named it a V pack and left out the DMP. By adding that it creates a thirst for more than thanwhat you're actually getting. I feel some were let down solely on the fact it has DMP on the boxtag. The fact is this package does not have an OG colowayXI, nor did it have a VI. If you know anything about shoes you know these are two of the most wanted/loved shoes and you could paint them rainbow and it wouldprob sell just based on the fact that it's an XI and VI.

Now I know some of you might jump in and be quick to judge me blah blah blah. Fact is if you knew me you would know I don't even consider, dubz, spizikes,fusions, etc real Jordans. I wasn't born in the 90's, which is the age group this crap is geared toward. I stick with the late 80's-03 stuff fromJordan and especially the mid 90's nike hoop and running shoes. That's what I like, but Jordan isn't concerned with me anymore. I'm notsupposed to be camping out for shoes (which I have not, and never will do). Us older guys need to realize they don't care so much about us anymore. We havecolleges to attend, kids to raise, mortgages, car notes, health insurance, school loans, and hopefully a career we're supposed to be worried about....Notthe next pair of shoes to drop from a has been. AKA the GOAT.

It's time to take a reality check and realize the brand is not dead, it's just dead as far as us being the main group they're trying to market to.It's not us, it's the kids. If you caught feelings over this then JB had done their job. They got you for life, and now they're working on the nextgeneration of kids.

Things will never be the same. Things that you're allowed to say/show on TV has changed. Airport security has changed. The economy has changed. EVERYTHINGchanges. If you're stuck living in the past, then there isn't much to look forward to.

For the stuff JB does have lined up for the OG heads for the end of this year and the next things are looking rather bright. I think some people are just madthere isn't a hot release dropping every other weekend now. Who cares? Spend your money on other things. Buy what you like and leave the rest of the crapfor the sales racks. (If it makes it that far)

Just today I saw a flock of ducks. You know the type of our foul feathered fowl friends. They walk like a bunch of ducks so they don't crease their"jays". You can thank Nelly for "stepped on my jays" for increasing the ******edness that goes into the sneaker world. The hypebeasts keepthe limited crap coming, and the general consumer thinks every pair of trunners is an Air Jordan.

The fact is JB will keep making their money whether they get it from your pocket, or someone elses.

Remember - "Buy what you like, and don't fall for the hype."

On a side note - Sure the quality isn't perfect, but it's not as bad as some of you claim. The colorway on this pack is pure fire if you ask me. ButI'm just saying....

Haven't bought any JB product since Ocotober,
ohwell.gif

I still can't believe you can find OG XII's for the same price as the CDP XII's
grin.gif

I'm only interested in the True Blue III's so far.

they may think its dead, but they just following the guy in front of them. u gotta think for yourself and make a choice to NOT buy a pair if udon't want to. some guy says "i dont like the new retro's they suck." so they say "hey they do suck!"

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)] damm i gotta tell these dudes every time somethin like this comes up. u got a choice to buy em or not, just because uhear about them coming out, that doesn't mean "go buy these or u aint cool" its information for people interested. not for every hardcore fan tobuy em n complain. everyone hits a downhill slope every once in a while, this may be a slow market these days but i still got interest in JB. They doing watthey can right now.[/color]
we dont control the company and the company doesn't control us.
i'll leave it at that and say make your own decision and do wat u want. it ainttheir fault for the quality or prices,

every company is going thru this situation in the recession today, not just the sneaker companies

Originally Posted by abernja

Jordan Brand is NOT dead.

Now I will completely agree it's not what it was only a few short years ago, but to call it dead just means you are very, very uninformed.

Does the True Flight ring a bell? Or maybe the CP 3.2, Fusion VI, Hare Jordan 1, Trunner Q4 etc. etc? These things are FLYING off the shelves.

There is more to life than just what people on NT think. I personally bought the pack because I like them. Not to re-sell or stare at or whatever. There are plenty of people who bought it just to stunt, plenty who never even looked at it to give it a chance, and many others who cannot sacrifice $310 for some shoes they don't need. Regardless of how many are left right now, the fact is they won't last long.

DMP - Most of you say "when you can't even sell a DMP then JB is dead" - That's just a 3 letter acronym JB slapped on the box to drive up the hype for it and they failed imo in that aspect. Should have just named it a V pack and left out the DMP. By adding that it creates a thirst for more than than what you're actually getting. I feel some were let down solely on the fact it has DMP on the boxtag. The fact is this package does not have an OG coloway XI, nor did it have a VI. If you know anything about shoes you know these are two of the most wanted/loved shoes and you could paint them rainbow and it would prob sell just based on the fact that it's an XI and VI.

Now I know some of you might jump in and be quick to judge me blah blah blah. Fact is if you knew me you would know I don't even consider, dubz, spizikes, fusions, etc real Jordans. I wasn't born in the 90's, which is the age group this crap is geared toward. I stick with the late 80's-03 stuff from Jordan and especially the mid 90's nike hoop and running shoes. That's what I like, but Jordan isn't concerned with me anymore. I'm not supposed to be camping out for shoes (which I have not, and never will do). Us older guys need to realize they don't care so much about us anymore. We have colleges to attend, kids to raise, mortgages, car notes, health insurance, school loans, and hopefully a career we're supposed to be worried about....Not the next pair of shoes to drop from a has been. AKA the GOAT.

It's time to take a reality check and realize the brand is not dead, it's just dead as far as us being the main group they're trying to market to. It's not us, it's the kids. If you caught feelings over this then JB had done their job. They got you for life, and now they're working on the next generation of kids.

Things will never be the same. Things that you're allowed to say/show on TV has changed. Airport security has changed. The economy has changed. EVERYTHING changes. If you're stuck living in the past, then there isn't much to look forward to.

For the stuff JB does have lined up for the OG heads for the end of this year and the next things are looking rather bright. I think some people are just mad there isn't a hot release dropping every other weekend now. Who cares? Spend your money on other things. Buy what you like and leave the rest of the crap for the sales racks. (If it makes it that far)

Just today I saw a flock of ducks. You know the type of our foul feathered fowl friends. They walk like a bunch of ducks so they don't crease their "jays". You can thank Nelly for "stepped on my jays" for increasing the ******edness that goes into the sneaker world. The hypebeasts keep the limited crap coming, and the general consumer thinks every pair of trunners is an Air Jordan.

The fact is JB will keep making their money whether they get it from your pocket, or someone elses.

Remember - "Buy what you like, and don't fall for the hype."

On a side note - Sure the quality isn't perfect, but it's not as bad as some of you claim. The colorway on this pack is pure fire if you ask me. But I'm just saying....

speaking the truth

Originally Posted by eriqui

we get a new "JB is dead!" thread everyday. Stop whining and act like a grown man and just don't buy it and move on. No sense beating a dead horse
tired.gif

real-talk
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

alot of you people complain yet you still cop today's junk.

A thread like this pops up every so often by a number of different members on various sneaker forums almost monthly/quarterly...

Much like it's parent company, Nike. JB has awful timing when it comes to shoes. I completely agree that price point is a huge factor playing in theSpring/ mid-summer sales of Jordan Brand Sneakers. Most people know that Jordan Brand's fiscal year is always Mid-Fall to January. In the past most of ourmost prized releases have shown up around that time. Fresh for the Basketball season and right before Christmas. JB doesn't need to drop 15-16 signature orpseudosigs (Retro 1+, jordan low phats, etcs), and hybrids. The slough of product is overwhelming and I think in this tough economy Nike out to be tighteningit's belt in terms of over saturation and hyper proliferation of its product.

Another factor many of you aren't thinking about is your demographic. If you consider yourself a sneakerhead, there is NO true demographic, it's sovarious and random that it's impossible to pinpoint where, why, and how a shoe will be most successful. The only time this is true is when it comes toRetro Colorways of OG's and shoes like the XI, XI, VI, and what have you. I think the debacle of the XIV will teach JB to be extremely careful on how topreserve the legacy of some of its more coveted styles. Foamposites and Nike boots do well on the East coast, skate shows and lowtops do well out West. JBwould do well to try to market a Jordan Skate Line as a peripheral or co-lab w/ Nike SB if that's how the Jordan Low Phat is geared towards, otherwise, thesales will continue to be underwhelming.

You can't call the #1 Basketball shoe Brand and the #2 basketball shoe brand in the world dead (Jordan Brand and Nike). It's like calling PC's deadbecause Macintosh has better commercials. A swing and a miss on a few releases every now and then is the nature of business in General. Many of you niketalkmorons have no business acumen whatsoever. You complain about releases being too limited, then you complain about them being too readily available. You cannothave it both ways.

My final word is this: The reality of the situation is that Jordan Shoes still sell out. Nike might reign supreme right now w/ campouts for shoes like theYeezy and the Foamposites and w/ever other over-hyped shoes (Sneakerheads create the hype/buzz just as much as the brands themselves do), but I guarantee youas long as any of you in this forum are alive that you will never see an end to the distribution, marketing, sales, and silly colorways of Jordan signatureshoes, retros, hybrids or w/e junk they distribute. The brand has to move forward to stay relevant. SO like my mans earlier said, they not thinkin about wesneakerheads that watched jordan play in the 80's and 90's, they're think about the kids that have heard of Jordan that are growing up on LeBron,Kobe, Chris Paul, Melo, and Nate Robinson. U can't sell Breds forever. Eventually you have to grow and adapt as your fanbase does. So keep the OG's forthe OG's and keep the retro +'s for the new kids on the Block.

OUTRODUCTION

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

Originally Posted by elgallo23

I think that's just your opinion because you're getting too old. When you get to a certain age, it's natural to think that things were better when you were younger than they are now. And not just with sneakers but with fashion and music in general. I'm 28 now and don't recall a time when Jordan Brand was as big as it is now. Before Jordan Brand could only release a few pairs of sneaker models a year, and now it's like hundreds of sneakers are released; retros, special edition packs, melos cp3, team Jordans, the numbered series, and then add to that the clothing. Sure their sell-out image may have been tainted with money making schemes and poorly constructed sneakers but the fact still remains that present day Jordan brand is a cash cow. So even if you think those raging bulls V's won't sell, it won't matter because the next pack/hyped sneaker will.
yeah, jb is a cash cow. but as long as they continue to sell bad quality wannabe retro with non og colorways they are DEAD as far as i'm concerned.....
but they cant keep retroing and if they do it defeats the purpose of haveing the og's, like me im 25 ive been buying nike air jordan sneakerssince i can remember. im with you guys on the whole quality thing but me i just dont worry about its , buy it nor do i support it im mean come on its jb notnike there is a big diff. if theres a older jordan i want i hunt for it as long as it takes me, period...i dont settle for the retro crap, unless its the firstretro's like 94' period 1's, 3's ect. whitch are sometimes hard to find in wearable cond so i go to the 01' stuff that is, the line isdrawn there. but yeah. like 01' 3's was the last qual jordan you will get, even the true blues theres no way im settling for that retro++ crap whenyou can still find the retro's still wearable, its just that you need to tell your self how bad do you want them.. but i could go all day, it pretty muchcomes to this if there retroing a og colorway in this day in age 9 times out of 10 they are going to be poor quil. alot of the og stuff is still wearalbe youjust need to find it, it takes time they dont call them gems for nothing..

Sad to say..I thought the Raging Bulls would have sole out def in PG County MD..I went to the mall Sunday alot of stores had them and when I went on Moday toTysons Corner only 2 shoe stores had them...

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

They sold out where I am. But if this really is a fail for JB it's a victory for us. Because the next time that they slap the title "DMP" on a product, it will be something that they KNOW is a hot seller. I've read a lot of things in this thread, and I must say that if y'all really think that JB forgot how to sell sneakers, you must be crazy.

For those who think otherwise, I can start naming off kicks that if JB dropped'em tomorrow, everyone and their neighbor would be in line.

INCLUDING YOU.......

The Raging Bull #$%@ Package, all the stupid Retro I's, Fusions, Hybrids and other stupid crap that comes out is JB's way of saying F You, you'llbuy it anyway. Thats the world we live in. Everybody for themselves. Why wouldnt they take advantage of it. Im not saying its right, but its obviouslywhat they do.

I cant stand JB now, and its probably because I grew up in the late 80's and early nineties when I really adored the Jordan Line. Maybe its that Im oldernow, and know the difference between crap and craftmanship. Hell, I will rarely, rarely pay retail for a Nike Shoe, which have been pretty decent lately. Why the hell would I do it for JB who put less effort and thought into their products. The answer is: I wouldnt. Hell, I own nothing from JB past 2003 forobvious reasons.

Now JB is far from Dead. I mean all retailers stock tons of their effortless products. But theyre not getting any of my money. Its sad, and funny at the sametime walking into footaction, footlocker, champs, or finishline. Cinco De Mayo 1's, New Orleans Colored 6 rings, 155 dollar walking on Bricks FusionIX's, VI's with Cardboard pleather, Black/Green True Flights, those trainer monstrosities disgracing the Jordan IV. I mean, were they taking a dumpone day, and said hey, lets celebrate the 5th of may by releasing Mexican Colored 1's, a shoe that has been retroed 1000 times in the past year. What agenius F%&*( idea you morons.

Bottom line is that I hate JB and I stay mad because I do have hope that one day it all changes for the better. Until then, they are dead to me.

i wouldn't say that its dead but JB needs to realize that making all these releases and then marking up the price for them is rediculous. I rememberdropping $125 for jays on release date, not having to worry about paying $310 which is a big difference. the 2 packs are stupid. no one is gonna really likeboth shoes. even the DMP's, people were getting rid of the 6's and only keeping the 11's and if they had a choice most people would cop the11's in a heart beat and leave the 6's on the shelfs. Stop force feeding ugly shoes down the consumers throughts and really give a reason why the shoesare still expensive even when made with cheaper materials and poorly executed designs. At the end of the day, its the customers that's making them rich. Ifenough people make complaints and stop buying their product, they'll learn. Give what the customers want. Thats good business.

Back
Top Bottom