I've Run Out Of Closet Space

How do you store your shoes once you've run out of space?

I've zapped out all of the closet space I can find using two different bedrooms.

Usually, I would sell off shoes once I started getting low on space but I don't want to sell anything I have just yet.

So I'm looking for ideas on alternative ways to store kicks. I know putting them in the garage isn't the greatest idea b/c the temperature fluctuates so heavily from extremely cold to hot depending on the season. But it looks like that's the only option I have left.

buy one of those things you can use to hang shoes on the door,put shoes under the bed,

I've got a wicked idea for your closet to give you more space!

HOOKS!!! ALL HOOKS!!! EVERYTHING ON HOOKS!!!!

Spoiler [+]
4_10_2.jpg

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

I've got a wicked idea for your closet to give you more space!

HOOKS!!! ALL HOOKS!!! EVERYTHING ON HOOKS!!!!

Spoiler [+]
4_10_2.jpg

No
laugh.gif

And I have no under the bed spacing avail. unfortunately.

Lol I feel you. I ran out of space a year or so ago. I use my bedroom, my son bedroom and I also made a wall with shelves in the corner of my son bedroom that holds 44 boxes. I believe I have about 3 slots left so once thats filled im done or ima start selling some more.
frown.gif

^ That's EXACTLY where I'm at. I really don't want to sell off anything I have but I have nowhere else in the house to store any of them.

That shelf idea is something that's crossed my mind over the past few days. I have a corner in my bonus room that could possibly work. I just hate having shoes stacked up in plain sight.

i got one of these
Metal-Racks2.jpg

i would say it holds bout 80 pairs or so.
makes it alot more organized. then i have pairs all over the crib,
like next to the couch in the corner where no one can see them, and the entrance/coat closet, i live in miami so no use for that lol

i stopped buying sneakers when i ran out of closet space. i took it as a sign to stop
laugh.gif

ikea has this bed box frame that you can store stuff in, store my shoes and winter gear.......i decided to get this when a chick made fun of the fact i had more shoes than her.

Any links to the Ikea thing? There's not one near me so I'd have to order.

I've considered the Target metal rack. I think Tyjuan posted something similar to that a while ago.

i feel you OP

i just reached this point

but i got clothes and shoes everywhere too no more space for anything

seriously debating just selling everything

I ran out of space a long time ago. My room looks like a warehouse with boxes everywhere. Best thing to do is get rid of some shoes.

Originally Posted by johngotty

Any links to the Ikea thing? There's not one near me so I'd have to order.

I've considered the Target metal rack. I think Tyjuan posted something similar to that a while ago.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/12553/

someone suggested these in the fitted thread.
I use the smaller ones for hats (it's not on the site though ).

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50169548/

I use this for my beaters, the opening lid is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

fyi, in store you have to purchase the lids separately, 

I have this problem lol,

I started storing alot of my shoes in the garage and closet in the backyard for extra storage lol.

Originally Posted by johngotty

spacer.gif

http://www.target.com/p/Whitmor-Sup...ing-Black/-/A-13259930#?lnk=sc_qi_detailimage

Here's one similar to what Tyjuan once posted (his was 5 shelves, this is 3).

No, I'm not selling anything so don't even bother saying "sell stuff"
laugh.gif
eh, I prefer plastic ones you can dissemble, I have a few that I take from Garage to storage if need be.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-5-Shelf-Shelving-Unit-Gray-Silk/15185586

(caught them on sale at Kohls for $25ish)

someone posted about those metal racks at Target... they're like $65 for the 5 shelf one. they rule. i got one, i need like 5 more :c/

aint it funny how us males run into female problems? Closet space was almost a WANT for women. I just tore down my garage to rebuild one with more store efficiency. Termites killed the framing so had no choice, but it will be fun knowing I can buy back all my shoes I had to sell because the guest room was "not your personal shoe store"

Yeah my closet is a mess, mainly because I have an emotional attachment to the boxes, I I could let them all go and store my shoes in a shoe storage unit from Ikea my closet space would be better
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom