"I've Seen Every %$+*$!' Episode of The Wire" Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

http://www.youtube.com/v/oYj7q_by_2E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999http://www.youtube.com/v/oYj7q_by_2E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999

- I robz drug dealaz.

-That wadn't no 'tempt murda... shot the boy Mike Mike in his 'hind parts, that all.

-Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase... It's all in the game tho, right?

This dude Leavy turned around like, "
eek.gif
/
alien.gif
$*% you just say?"

smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
yea...cuz Levy knew he profited off the drug trade just as much as Omar.� Tryna come off all holier than thou---N_ BYE!

omar was my favorite character on the show ...

i got my pops into it now he's hooked
laugh.gif

Just finished watch the first two eps with the commentary (rewatching the whole series) David Simon really goes indepth with his commentary.

I always wondered after watching the series finale if the characters the kids paralleled got their start the same way they did. Ie, Omar ran with the Barksdalecrew and then was set up to be killed. Or if Bubble was just like Dukie etc.

Thread is greatly appreciated. Show does make me angry though because it was so good that I watched it very quickly. Show didn't sink in as well. Thisthread reminds of the minute parts that I always forgot because I watched it all so quickly. I always loved this show because it was so different and real.People usually look to television to relax and get away from life's problems. This show was the opposite. You tuned in to see the problems thrown in yourface. That is why it never attracted a sizable audience like Sopranos or True Blood. It was just too damn real. It is captivating yet saddening. The stuff inthe show is being played out everyday.

finished all 5 seasons recently. real good series. i wish avon coulda stayed in it more but they had to move on and show marlo. understandable since no one canstay on top for long, but still, i liked avons character.

i never watched this when it was on hbo, not sure why. never really knew what it was about and when it was on, it felt kinda slow. the way ive been watchingit, 2-4 episodes at a time, im not sure how well i would have liked it if i had to wait a week for one episode, then another year for the next season
laugh.gif

I too was fond of Nerese Campbell. Theresa D'Agostino could get it too.
I was dying in season 5 when McNulty went to the FBI for a profile on the "serial killer" and they go to describe McNulty.
laugh.gif

From wiki:
The suspect is most likely a white male in his late twenties to late thirties, who is not a college graduate, but feels superior to those with advanced education, and is likely employed in a bureaucratic entity, possibly civil or public service. They continue that he has a problem with authority and a deep-seated resentment for those that have impeded his progress professionally. The sexual nature of the killings is thought to be a secondary motivation and the lack of DNA or saliva in the bite marks suggests possible postmortem staging. The suspect is described as struggling with lasting relationships and potentially a high functioning alcoholic with alcohol being used as a trigger in the crimes. Finally they speculate that the suspect's apparent resentment of the homeless may indicate a previous personal relationship with a homeless person or the targeting may simply be an opportunity for the killer to assert his superiority and intellectual prowess.
Oh, and how is that little weasel Scott Templeton gonna win the Pulitzer?
mad.gif

[h5]
[/h5]

man i got the complete series for christmsa this year and i finished it in like 2 weeks. i went to go watch it last night but now i cant find any of my dvdsits all empty boxes
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

So I just watched this whole series within the past two weeks and here are some thoughts...

I rank the seasons: 3,1,2,5,4

After stringer got popped I was very disappointed, I knew it had to happen but he was my favorite character by far throughout the whole thing. He essentiallymade two mistakes 1) brother mouzone 2) clay davis...however the first one was forced because he had to co-sign with prop joe to make any money, which was alsoan effort to look out for Avon, but avon wasn't having it.

Favorite characters: stringer, mcnulty, avon, levy, wee-bey, omar, clay, brother mouzone (and some select others with funny moments)
Least favorite: daniels, marlo, snoop, bunny

one thing that i did notice was the first 3-6 episodes of each seasons were SLOW as hell at times unbearable to watch...then finally picking up during the endof the seasons...

Also I thought they coulda done more with the whole off-shore drug importing stuff...the casting of the greek and the other dude working for the greek (dontknow if he had a name in the show--bureau and cigarette dude) could have been a little stronger...the whole thing with them leaving and coming back was a hugeplot hole...marlo to me was also not realistic...no way he could walk around like that and not get killed...he didn't rub off as a true G like Avon...whathappened in the last episode where he left the party and run up on those kids was great, just sucks the writer chose the last episode to display someruthlessness...developing his character some more would have been fun...at least with Avon we kinda felt who he was and how he thought...i don't know, butpersonally i didn't appreciate marlo for what the writers were trying to portray him as

The way omar died was also an easy way out for writers...where did the little kid come from? it wasn't realistic, i know he was with the corner boys...butstill, a shootout with marlo or a second one with chris and snoop would have been nice...

there is a lot to talk about and i guess i'll pop in here to rant when i re-watch and think of other things...but it sucks to watch the show so quicklywithin a short period...because you don't get time to ponder on the storylines and other metaphorical stuff... i envy those who watched it weekly andwaited as new seasons began...that way you got to know the characters more which is great...

however i do think some of the stuff in here is just us 'reading in' of what certain stuff means...and trying way to hard to analyze every small detailto have some important significance...I don't think thats the case...

one of my favorite scenes....especially when Brother Mouzone asks Cheese who he is...and hes goes "cheeeeeeeeeeeese mannnnnnn":

'serving the interests for a Mr. Barksdale'

Mouzone=
pimp.gif

^with the Omar shooting, it was realistic because that is what happens in real life. Omar dodges bullets and jumps out of a high story building w/o seriousinjury yet a simple visit to the store and he's gone. The life these guys live could end that quickly and with no warning. The suddenness really got mewith that scene. A shootout with Chris or Marlo is too cinematic. It is what the audience wanted. The Wire writers just didn't give in and provided a muchmore realistic death for Omar.

Why didn't Michael take Marlo's money when they tried to give him $200 in the 2nd episode of season 4?

Did anybody see the three mini-featurettes they had on-demand before season 5 dropped? They were like 2-3 mins long tops but they had good stuff. And youactually got to see a young "No-Heart" Anthony and Omar
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by the coolness

Did anybody see the three mini-featurettes they had on-demand before season 5 dropped? They were like 2-3 mins long tops but they had good stuff. And you actually got to see a young "No-Heart" Anthony and Omar
pimp.gif
my fav was the one with young prop joe

YO!
Originally Posted by bijald0331

^with the Omar shooting, it was realistic because that is what happens in real life. Omar dodges bullets and jumps out of a high story building w/o serious injury yet a simple visit to the store and he's gone. The life these guys live could end that quickly and with no warning. The suddenness really got me with that scene. A shootout with Chris or Marlo is too cinematic. It is what the audience wanted. The Wire writers just didn't give in and provided a much more realistic death for Omar.

This.

Very few go out in a blaze of glory. The overwhelming majority... get caught slippin'.

DF!!!

Originally Posted by the coolness

Did anybody see the three mini-featurettes they had on-demand before season 5 dropped? They were like 2-3 mins long tops but they had good stuff. And you actually got to see a young "No-Heart" Anthony and Omar
pimp.gif
The mini scene with omar foreshadowed what was going to happen with Mike

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Marlo definitely wanted the respect more than the money....he basically says in season 3 at the rim shop when he was like "but they was on top...." alluding that he ain't really care what happened, just so long as people could say that Marlo was on top at some point in time.
Yeah. The dichotomy of Marlo and the Greek is one of the best on the show. Marlo, of course, is obsessed with his name, saying, "My name is my name." He's not in the drug game necessarily for money, but for recognition, which leads to police attention. The Greek, on the other hand, ends season 2 saying, "But of course, my name is not my name." He is after the money, while keeping his head down and dressing bummy. The way the different values are portrayed is priceless.
co-sign, reminds me of the difference between AZ and Alpo....

Originally Posted by JuJu

im getting financial aid money and its official im BUYING the whole series. and that says a lot cause i dont buy jack that can be downloaded.

....hiphop says thank you
ohwell.gif
smh.gif

I've been hooked since day 1.
Started watching it again recently to put other people up on game... and I'm still amped each time I watch it.
The complexity of the show is what's most exciting. Not being spoon fed answers, paying attention to the little things to see the big picture.
It's all connected. "Real and Raw" seem too simple to describe it but appropriate.

A few points that I have to respond to from this thread:
*Ziggy had to be the idiot. There's always an idiot, in every facet of life. He's the f up of the family that knows too much and too little at the sametime.The man bought a duck for absolutely no reason, the most hideous coat for 2 racks, and got no respect from a dude like white mike. His character waspriceless, and needed.
*Snoop buying the nail gun will forever be her best scene. Though, "How's my hair look?" is a close second.
*Stringer, far more foul... I loved what he was trying to do, we all probably believed in his vision, but he lost all integrity going about things the way hedid. Dude was a snake period, no matter what the justification is.
*D'Angelo wasn't built for the game... selling drugs was fine, plain business even, but the killing aspect disturbed him. D, Wallace and Nay... sameboat/different reasons

Actually I could go on and on, so I'll stop here.

Back
Top Bottom