[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Thank you for putting me up to this dude NT
pimp.gif

Smh I been sleepin... My patna at work told me bout him then heard him on the Wale so I decided to check out "warm up"... dude is a monster!
I been jammin this for 2 weeks straight! J. Cole is a rappin as* N***a!

I saw Wale, J. Cole, and Rapsody (of Kooley High) cypher at a show in NC back in April. J. Cole spit a line about being the "94 Penny and you the Penny04", right then I knew I had to check on dude. That line was from a song on his first mixtape, but it was hot nonetheless.

^ Co-sign.

I've had the tape for a while, but I never listened to it. Today I gave into the hype... this *%%# knocks!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

<------- just woke up

Loving this tape...Dudes talking about he missing something, I don't see it. Oh yea, a lot of flawless production on this tape.

Im really looking forward to hearing some more stuff from J. Cole, The Warm Up is probably my favorite mixtape/album this year. Been listening to it ever sinceit dropped.

The demand for J Cole is growing. We may be getting some more material from him & I'm still crossing my fingers for a BP3 feature. Won't hold mybreath though

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

The demand for J Cole is growing. We may be getting some more material from him & I'm still crossing my fingers for a BP3 feature. Won't hold my breath though
yeah jigga only sounds like he wants bleek, and ye if anything as features...definitely not eminem...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

<------- just woke up

Loving this tape...Dudes talking about he missing something, I don't see it. Oh yea, a lot of flawless production on this tape.
Exactly what I said. My boy was like hes ok, im like are you serious just ok. This dude is lyrically a beast, has great flow, and his content isbetter and realer than the majority of rappers out

He is definitely in my top 3 for the best artist of the 09' class. Dude really spits and actually makes good songs. I'm a fan and will spread the hypeof such a good artist

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

The demand for J Cole is growing. We may be getting some more material from him & I'm still crossing my fingers for a BP3 feature. Won't hold my breath though

Even though i aint exactly a fan of dude, i hope he gets a feature too, it'd be a great look for son but i doubt it.
Hov aint really big on letting talent in his camp shine besides Ye', plus i don't think he want another Renegade type situation
laugh.gif

He definitely will have Hov on his debut album though.

Originally Posted by romedadude

Does anybody view J. Cole as the anti-Drake?

Be honest.
i don't see why these 2 are being compared...they're totally different artists imo.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by romedadude

Does anybody view J. Cole as the anti-Drake?

Be honest.
i don't see why these 2 are being compared...they're totally different artists imo.
i think that's what he's tryna get at. they're polar opposites...mainstream compared to organic, rappin bout livin the life comparedto livin through plight, etc.

but i don't really wanna talk bout drake in a j. cole thread.

I used to think that Jay didn't want ppl out of the clique to shine but him, but now that I look @ it I think he tries to teach/promote independance. Idon't think he believes in that get popping off my name or the record label etc. Hard work, getting off your %#$ & trying to help yourself. @ the endof the day Jay is one of the top rap &/or music artist in general & I'm sure he has more things to worry about than if _____ is getting noticed.
I'm sure if J Cole is not lazy & does the leg work, Jay will give him that extra push. I've heard him mention/ discuss J Cole umerous times ininterviews & it seems like Jay is excited. Probably wants him to pay his dues though.....

I might just have to say that this is one of THE best mixtapes of the year...%^^& sounds like an album
eek.gif

I'm glad I listened to NT about this...does have any more material he plans on putting out??

It's by far my favorite mixtape of the year so far.
Listen to it on the daily, J. Cole is such a beast I see good things in his future.

real talk though

this thread is 17 pages and the Drake thread is about 400

I think Drake is horrible and really a joke but Wayne backed him and so he gets fans and everyone thinks Drake is just hard

If Jay did the same with J Cole this thread would be 500+ pages with people saying he is hip hops new savior

I respect though that Jay wants dude to earn it himself and in the long run I believe you will be hearing J Cole's name more than Drake being a flash inthe pan. So dont get down on dude for there being no hype and also realize why the Drake hype is what it is.

just a thought

I can't front I like Drake (nh). But I can see J Cole being around much longer. Like you said him having to earn it will play a big part in that. Also youcan't hate on the Drake thread. He has 3-5 official mixtapes, he's been on 2 tours, his e-presence is crazy & has quite a few features.
So really until J Cole comes out w/ more material this thread won't grow to much. Hopefully w/ the rise in demand he'll put out more material.

Drake thread was already big though before Weezy even backed him, I'm a fan of both but I'm definitely listening to J.Cole 5-10x more than Drizzy.

Back
Top Bottom