[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Whoever said he's doing small shows still is right. Saw him Monday night.... smallest crowd ever. More people at the bar on a thursday night in this town....

I hope he blows up. Cole is one of the best doing it right now, makes great songs, great flow, great message.

I'd be happy with him doing Cudi numbers even. Everyone I've told about him loves him.

It was definitely a good idea to push back the album though, dude's buzz is just not there right now
frown.gif

Anyone know why on the mixtape version of higher he beeped out the part "Cheatin in Memphis like.... "Calipari"

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Anyone know why on the mixtape version of higher he beeped out the part "Cheatin in Memphis like.... "Calipari"

I was wondering the same thing..

Originally Posted by iLLest

If no one had heard Villematic, Blow Up, Higher, In the Morning, Premeditated Murder prior to the mixtape EVERYONE would be 
sick.gif
like they needed a gas mask.
I promise I was thinking the EXACT same thing
laugh.gif
. We were exposed to the aforementioned bangers early on. If we weren't, everyone would be saying this tape was untouchable. 
I'm still listening to the tape like I haven't heard em, even though it's hard to. This tape is thorough, without a doubt.

BTW, on "Cost Me A Lot," did Cole say "Jay put the stamp on a N, but wouldn't mail em?" 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

What's most impressive is dude has increased his fanbase without having to differ much from his original style.  He's definitely improved, but he hasnt tried to change or become more "mainstream" at all.
THIS!

Originally Posted by iLLest

And to that one character Optimus something claiming that we *+!%+# with Cole because he was signed to Roc needs to go somewhere with that. I bumped The Come Up, and Warm Up before knowing anything about dude or what he was signed to. After hearing Dreams, I did my research and just began listening. The Warm Up is one of the greatest tapes I have heard in a long long long time. To say that it is just a bunch of "songs" is foolish. The substance and subject matter on that is
sick.gif
And you need to realize that whatever you say is your OPINION, so stop having it come off as what you believe is FACT.
First of all thats NOT what I said dude. Get it straight. I said I wonder how I would have found out about dude if it wasn't for the Roc Nation co-sign. I hadn't heard of dude until then and theres plenty of artists that get overlooked because of their lack of a significant co-sign... i.e. Los, Dom, or even GOD Jewels etc. so don't get me started. I know where to find good music and I appreciate it. Plus if you take my opinion as FACT then you're indeed losing and need to re-evaluate what I'm saying here. Everything i've ever expressed was my opinion and my perspective on the music. If things give me that sort of idea then that is what it is. Its not my fault you're personally harmed by something I say. Doesn't take away from the fact I've seen Cole live everytime hes come to Atlanta...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ChipToothSmile

Love Me Not is starting to become my fav song! def a great mixtape! but id still put the warm up > FNL

I have been playing Love Me Not a ton as well too today.  Dope song for sure and great sample!

this tape was aight. It started off high then got boring fast.Son is spitting his *%# off but the way yall were talking i woulda thought this was $#@%++@! on "Warm Up".

I dont see it. I know that album is going to be
eek.gif
though.

I'm not the biggest J. Cole fan so everything but Villematic is new to me on this tape. Blow, Premeditated Murder, and The Autograph 
sick.gif

Verse 2 of "Autograph" is too real and describes my life way TOO vividly
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

"I was ashamed all along and I still am

We let the lust interrupt something real, damn

But girl we grown so you gotta play your own position

i wouldnt say that chu a %%%, just made a %%% decision"

I give this mixtape a 10/10 rating. It's the same level as "The Warm Up". Not better.

Best beat = "Before I'm Gone"

Best Song = No weak songs. Classic piece of work. ("Best Friend" would be the weakest song IF I HAD TO CHOOSE).

I'll be puttin' more people onto Cole with this mixtape.

This will hold me over till' whenever the album drops.

Back
Top Bottom