[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Lost Ones
Lights Please
Can't Get Enough
In The Morning
Work Out are all confirmed.

On a 13 track album? It will not be a classic.

According to all the reviews its a 16 track album with one interlude

Not one bad review yet..
pimp.gif

I don't understand having all of these old songs on the album when they're just going to be album cuts. Singles I'd understand.

Is he re-releasing In The Morning with a new video at the very least? I just don't get it.

I want the album to be great but for any fan keeping up with him consistently it is a bother imo to hear a grip of old songs.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^^Yea you have a good point there. One thing, I think a lot of the rappers brought that on themselves anyway, cause rap is
a lot of braggadocio, and sales is something that can be claimed, for better or worse.

I just had to add these
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Picture-42-620x308.png

Picture-63.png

Picture-93.png

Picture-123.png
roll.gif

^^^Even though I'm not really checking for Cole much, that's the reason I tend to avoid DL mixtapes constantly, so I can at
least feel like the whole album is completely new to me outside of a single or two.

Hopefully we have an actual Villematic like everyone sales.

The ratio is still better than Kanye, where we heard half of it before it dropped

I don't see how this will be a classic album. Jay and co. probably wanted 'In The Morning' and 'Lights Please' on the album, so of course, they will give those two the thumbs up.

I don't see how adding these songs without being bonus songs will help the album musically. I'm sure he had a track or a couple dedicated to the ladies, so why the need to replace these tracks or create excess with ITM and LP? The album isn't due quite yet, so maybe some minds are changed ...

If "In The Morning" is on the album, I hope Drake re-did his part. I can't stand that sore throat rap he did. Should've at least got a cough drop before he spit his verse.

Originally Posted by sdsualum

If "In The Morning" is on the album, I hope Drake re-did his part. I can't stand that sore throat rap he did. Should've at least got a cough drop before he spit his verse.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
That was exactly what i was thinking. I heard the Drake-less version in concert first like a month ago, then happened to come across
the Cole/Drake version earlier, and I was like "WTH is wrong with his voice? Is he sick?".

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

laugh.gif
 @ the eyes

All this about Jay NOT sending Cole his verse is BETTER pub than any single or vid he's put out

smokin.gif
pimp.gif
glasses.gif
 @ Jay Z
I was thinkin this for awhile but im still
grin.gif
about it.

As far as Cole having old songs on the album tho I think there will be atleast 2 bonus songs to add to the 13

in the morning should be cut, lights please is dope so thats cool in my eyes (another verse maybe?)

cant wait for the 27th...glad i havent listened to any leaks as well.

^I agree with that Lights Please does not bother me as much as it is a great song and should fit in. I hope some minds change last minute and ITM is left off the album.

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

Track by track review of the album from Complex :

http://www.complex.com/mu...rld-the-sideline-story#1

16 tracks including an interlude. Still don't understand the reasoning on putting In The Morning on the album.. 12 new songs for me, Going to try my hardest to not listen to Can't Get Enough till the album drops now

This Complex preview was actually dope and a bit more insightful without giving you too much.  I hope the the criticism in these previews about old tracks being on the album allows management to think differently and end up replacing them and putting them on as bonus tracks.

I don't mind either track on the album. Both are very good songs. They're old, but they're still solid and each has a very valid reason for being there.

Lights Please being the song that got him his deal, and In The Morning really didn't get the pub and recognition it could have. It still has a lot of life left.

Back
Top Bottom