[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

I like the no features too but they might be hidden, like the features may be credited in the booklet but we'll see.

Trust. I ain't the type to throw the term around. We have a certified hit with this. 

It's going to be his best studio album. It's gonna be one of those albums you'll see in every HH Essentials list, not just Cole fans.

Says "I'm not the type to throw the term around", proceeds to throw the term around.

:lol: jk bro

Says "I'm not the type to throw the term around", proceeds to throw the term around.

Normally dudes throw that word around after a few listens. The album hasn't even dropped yet.

People use the word 'classic' just like they use the words hate and snitch.

Hype is a crazy thing. Son already called it a classic and hasn't heared 0.01 seconds of it.

BryWorldNY you related to Ms.Cleo by any chance?

Am I reaching or does this album look like it may have a heavy - PAC inspired feel to it? Especially with the track list and the S's being substituted with Z's.

Trust. I ain't the type to throw the term around. We have a certified hit with this. 

It's going to be his best studio album. It's gonna be one of those albums you'll see in every HH Essentials list, not just Cole fans.

Got a lot f faith in Cole and Im sure he will deliver but..... a part of me is still uncertain I will be satisfied with the direction of this album.

I listen to his verse on Cozz "cant knock the hustle" and its perfect, its everything I love about his music and I believe that that verse is like the preface to the whole album but....

on the other hand im looking for growth from Cole. and the idea of him returning home and to his roots makes me feel like he his going to go back to TWU and FNL era, which dont get me wrong was great, but how can he make material or concepts that we are already familiar with sound fresh and new???

So there is a challenge here, that Im sure him and his team were aware of while creating this. He has gained a lot of new fans over the years so this may be an album that catches a lot of them by surprise in a positive way. But as a day 1 fan, I am anxious to see how things turned out...

Got a lot f faith in Cole and Im sure he will deliver but..... a part of me is still uncertain I will be satisfied with the direction of this album.

I listen to his verse on Cozz "cant knock the hustle" and its perfect, its everything I love about his music and I believe that that verse is like the preface to the whole album but....

on the other hand im looking for growth from Cole. and the idea of him returning home and to his roots makes me feel like he his going to go back to TWU and FNL era, which dont get me wrong was great, but how can he make material or concepts that we are already familiar with sound fresh and new???

So there is a challenge here, that Im sure him and his team were aware of while creating this. He has gained a lot of new fans over the years so this may be an album that catches a lot of them by surprise in a positive way. But as a day 1 fan, I am anxious to see how things turned out...

Cole is 3 albums in and 6 projects in...if you're looking for "Growth" or a new sound or something different you will probably be dissapointed.

It's like expecting a guy coming into his 7th season in the NBA to come into the season with a glaring new addition(s) to his skill set. 9 times out of 10 that won't happen.

Cole is who he is. And this goes for not just Cole, but for almost every artist. Don't expect them to change too much. They can improve to a marginal degree, but after 6 projects man, they are who they are.

Cole is 3 albums in and 6 projects in...if you're looking for "Growth" or a new sound or something different you will probably be dissapointed.

It's like expecting a guy coming into his 7th season in the NBA to come into the season with a glaring new addition(s) to his skill set. 9 times out of 10 that won't happen.

Cole is who he is. And this goes for not just Cole, but for almost every artist. Don't expect them to change too much. They can improve to a marginal degree, but after 6 projects man, they are who they are.

Disagree... recent example of growth is KRIT releasing Cadillactica. Album stands out in his catalog, which at the current moment is better than Cole's.

I understand what you are saying by people being who they are but that doesnt mean they cant expand their sound and give us something we may have heard before in a new refreshing way.

Kanye on College Dropout is completely different on Graduation. He took it next level.

Its not like Cole is doing a Jay, when he released American Gangster and satisfied us all with an unofficial Reasonable Doubt sequel. This is only Cole's 3rd album... He gets better with every project. I dont want this to be an exception because he decided to go back to basics, especially in production and subject matter.

Back
Top Bottom