[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

This just came across my TL
laugh.gif

New Cole project
smokin.gif

lmaoo. that part about 21 savage is so me haha.

why do people always think the alternative to j.cole is club music?
this show be relevant enough to post now

Last edited:
OH MY!

Just heard that on the bus Verse. So true about Ye

And when he say's

"Lil whatever, just another short bus rapper. You get exposed standing next to 6"4 rappers" :smokin

YES, just what we needed.

That real!

This gotta be about Lil Uzi. Dude like 5'4 lol

Either way it's dumb because they ******* play J. Cole in the club 
laugh.gif

It's funny ****** trying to act like he in the same lane as Jay Electronica or some ****. 

We really gonna sit up here and act like he ain't been on the same charts with Drake and the rest of them ******...making radio and club friendly music ? 

Stop acting like he only does the "lyrical miracle" ****. 

Either way it's dumb because they ******* play J. Cole in the club :lol:

It's funny ****** trying to act like he in the same lane as Jay Electronica or some ****. 

We really gonna sit up here and act like he ain't been on the same charts with Drake and the rest of them ******...making radio and club friendly music ? 

EXACTLY!

All my true J COLE fans, what a y'all consider his "best" album? Base off the reviews its J COLE, Born Sinner then FHD. We all know universally it's FNL. Speaking of actually albums though.

All my true J COLE fans, what a y'all consider his "best" album? Base off the reviews its J COLE, Born Sinner then FHD. We all know universally it's FNL. Speaking of actually albums though.

FHD. Easily.

I didn't feel Born Sinner as a whole....and Sideline Story had too many old tracks on there for me.

But yeah. Like you said....FNL is his magnum opus. We know it. Cole knows it.

I'm really interested as to what direction he takes with this album though.

FHD was well done , I vibe to every song out loud even st tropez grew on me . Love Born Sinner also !

Either way it's dumb because they ******* play J. Cole in the club :lol:

This is how a big portion of his fans act tho. It has a lot to do with the current climate of rap but some people out here look at him like the second coming of Rakim or some ****.

It's crazy because in the midst of FHD going platinum you still had _'s who would look at you with a straight face and say "Cole underrated, stop sleeping on him" :lol:

It's really brilliant marketing. He can drop a track like Wet Dreamz and ****** will look right over it and then proceed to criticize some other dudes for making corny radio ****.

This is how the whole "J Cole went platinum w/ no features" **** turned into the big troll that it is now. Gates went plat with no features too and nobody made note of it.

Last edited:
This is how a big portion of his fans act tho. It has a lot to do with the current climate of rap but some people out here look at him like the second coming of Rakim or some ****.

It's crazy because in the midst of FHD going platinum you still had _'s who would look at you with a straight face and say "Cole underrated, stop sleeping on him" :lol:

It's really brilliant marketing. He can drop a track like Wet Dreamz and ****** will look right over it and then proceed to criticize some other dudes for making corny radio ****.

This is how the whole "J Cole went platinum w/ no features" **** turned into the big troll that it is now. Gates went plat with no features too and nobody made note of it.

All true.

Except gates part. I still don't believe that ***** numbers :lol:.

And Cole went plat before the "steaming revolution" really took over.

It is commmendable.

Knew you was gonna say something bout the Gates **** :lol:

And his sales numbers are definitely commendable. Not knocking that at all, he put in the work and reaped the benefits.

It's just interesting to me how the branding/marketing **** works for rappers in this day and age.

A _ can have one of the overall top selling MUSIC projects of the year and yet still be looked at like a best kept secret by some of his fans

It's crazy because in the midst of FHD going platinum you still had _'s who would look at you with a straight face and say "Cole underrated, stop sleeping on him"
laugh.gif

We can all sit here and point out the irrationality of damn near ALL of these ****** fan bases. My post was directly in response to the posts that tried to make it seem like J. Cole is ONLY one thing. Like how can someone sit up and try to delineate between "J. Cole music" and "Club Music"...when he ALSO makes club music?

That might have something to do with the fact that "******" might identify a BALANCE in Cole's music that they may not identify in the "other dudes" music. You'd have to be specific. 

1. The Warm Up

2. 2014 Forest Hills drive

3. Born Sinner

4. Friday Night Lights

5. The Come Up

6. The Sideline Story

Back
Top Bottom