[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

On first listen I’m digging it. The album is deep, and definitely better than 4 Your Eyez Only, couple of these tracks are too real.

This is def feeling like DAMN in terms of Using What's Hot today as far as flows, Production choice & actually still maintaining a certain lyricism. However I think Cole's project is meant to feel Like Your on a drug. It Starts high paced, flat on the surface, Money, Drugs, women, "Fun" etc etc... and then it goes directly into the come down period & real life issues that people use these drugs to mask. It basically tricks the listener into facing their issues, so i expect a lot of backlash from the crowd intended to hear this.

I'm like the album but I have to sit with it more.

I don't really get the DAMN comparisons other than the fact both artists made music that's a bit more easily digestible sonically to the masses but still has a message. Subject matter is completely different but I enjoy them both. I like that my two favorite rappers right now can make music with a message in many different ways.

I like the subject matter on this album a lot. ATM really grabbed me on the first listen but a lot of these songs have great content and very real topics KOD, Photograph, Kevin's Heart, Once An Addict.

Considering that Cole made his own version of DAMN. in at least two weeks is impressive. Not sure if he saying he could have basically made DAMN. in two weeks or not.

I'm like the album but I have to sit with it more.

I don't really get the DAMN comparisons other than the fact both artists made music that's a bit more easily digestible sonically to the masses but still has a message. Subject matter is completely different but I enjoy them both. I like that my two favorite rappers right now can make music with a message in many different ways.

I like the subject matter on this album a lot. ATM really grabbed me on the first listen but a lot of these songs have great content and very real topics KOD, Photograph, Kevin's Heart, Once An Addict.

It's pretty blatant, listen to both albums and you'll understand.

Came in here wondering if anyone was reminded of DAMN. :lol: Yep ... I hear it. Which isn't a bad thing at all.

ATM is my standout track so far.

Good lp, considering whats on the air , this is needed.
There really isnt no comparison to be had between Lamar & Cole outside them both spitting consciousness.

Lyrically, Lamar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>Cole

Lamar verse off " pray for me " sh**s on this whole kod lp.

For those who yet to hear this...here goes a live stream....

Last edited:
This is def feeling like DAMN in terms of Using What's Hot today as far as flows, Production choice & actually still maintaining a certain lyricism. However I think Cole's project is meant to feel Like Your on a drug. It Starts high paced, flat on the surface, Money, Drugs, women, "Fun" etc etc... and then it goes directly into the come down period & real life issues that people use these drugs to mask. It basically tricks the listener into facing their issues, so i expect a lot of backlash from the crowd intended to hear this.

Is it really that deep tho

I swear ****** will eat up the first semi logical explanation posted

^Honestly that a good analysis of the album that's spot on. I don't think anything said there is deep its just good listening comprehension. Just because someone gives a clear explanation/interpretation of the album doesn't mean that it's "deep".

I could see the criticism if this was coming from an artist that we know doesn't necessarily put thought into their projects.

^Honestly that a good analysis of the album that's spot on. I don't think anything said there is deep its just good listening comprehension. Just because someone gives a clear explanation/interpretation of the album doesn't mean that it's "deep".

I could see the criticism if this was coming from an artist that we know doesn't necessarily put thought into their projects.

What?

He's "tricking the listener into facing their issues".

Cmon fam

I’m a old head when it comes to music. I don’t have any streaming services. I’ll be picking up my copy @ Target later on today.
gif-sneakers-comedy-club-mars-2016-7.gif

Back
Top Bottom