[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Dont see the DAMN comparisons at all. Kendrick deliberatly sought out pop melodies and the production was nothing like this.

The content is not even similar.

I agree with this. I don't really see how this sounds anything like DAMN. People are always trying to compare artists to another artist.

When y’all say “Nas has a bad ear for beats”....y’all are talking about the **** after It Was Written right?

Because I spun that again the other day and the production sounded fresher than I remember. Also him at his best lyrically.

Cole just not an “album rapper”, and he’s way to up his *** in his production to consider different fresher sounds.

Still think this album was a step in the right direction production wise.

Just ran through the album the 1st time and I'm liking it so far. I'm glad he is spitting again and it was more uptempo this time.

Wow! This is the best video Cole has ever made. Hands down. It may not be saying much, but he found his creative footing with this one for sure.

This is a play off something too right or am I tripping? First thing came to mine was MaSe and the rugrats... cant think of the song.

This was also my favorite track off first listen.

i think this album might age better over time.

one thing for sure is cole def can still spit

i understand the complaints about the beats though :lol:

Dude really needs to get some new producers in there and have them make beats for him and he puts the finishing touches on them. The beats just don't sound like something from 2018

Wow! This is the best video Cole has ever made. Hands down. It may not be saying much, but he found his creative footing with this one for sure.

This is a play off something too right or am I tripping? First thing came to mine was MaSe and the rugrats... cant think of the song.

Busta Rhymes - gimme some more

Ok yea the busta video was definitely paid homage... I guess I thought about Mya & Ma$e and Take me There cuz of the set.

in the metro booming era, this album isn't gonna get a lot of love :lol:

word. i understand music trends by frequencies and the most popular artists right now use really fast bpms with trap drums.

this is going to sound "boring" by default to a lot of people. same exact backlash with TPAB.

yeah. at least born sinner and FHD had better production.

if he could find a balance with production and his bars it'd be money

he's def rapping his *** off this album tohugh that's for damn sure

But have you ever thought about your impact?
These white kids love that you don’t give a f-ck
‘Cause that’s exactly what’s expected when your skin black
They wanna see you dab, they wanna see you pop a pill
They wanna see you tatted from your face to your heels

Now your show’s looking light cause they don’t show up
Which unfortunately means the money slow up
Now you scrambling and hoping to get hot again
But you forgot you only popped ’cause you was riding trends

I’ll be around forever ’cause my skills is tip-top
To any amateur ni–as that wanna get rocked
Just remember what I told you when your **** flop

Hard bruh :pimp:

So do people think dudes beats suck or do they just sound redundant? I think he's a good producer I would just like to hear him rap on other stuff more

a bit redundant
esp in 2018

a full album of songs sounding like some old vintage rap purist vinyls that are kinda slow in an era where people are stuck on bpm

Back
Top Bottom