[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

this! Now outta all the songs peeps say how this didnt save it for the album...THIS IS THE ONE!!!...and Omen really shined!

yeah, should have been a song saved for the album. either way i am so glad he made it. he is a very talented young brotha and i am proud of him and i don't even know him.

see world is my second fav.

sometimes the truth can be sad, song really makes you think. but that is what i like about it.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Gave this *%%* a spin...it's dope...
Yeah, I definitely agree with the general sentiment that he can rap...but he's not a song maker...

I also notice that he's constantly good, rarely average, and never bad...but he's never GREAT either...

So we gonna act like Beautiful Bliss never happened (or haveyou not heard that)
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Nah, I was talking about songs, not verses...

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Who is the dude on the 2nd verse on "Enchanted"? He murked Cole on his own !%*.

hahah that's Omen. dude did Very Well on the Warm up as well.

i dont know if he murdered him tho.

i might be late but i just realized, sounds like cole sampled stevie wonders "my cherry amore" on "love me not"..... might be obvious tho lol

FlatbushFiyah23 wasted his time writing:
Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by TheKidFrankie

After listening to the tape I will say this. J cole Can RAP but he cant make songs.....

I said that before this tape...
But FNL is a step in the right direction. 

Huh?! J. Cole cant make songs?! What the hell have you been listening to?!

Seriously this statement is usually my contention with a lot of rappers.  Sure they can spit but they can't make a good song with two to three coherent verse and a hook. I truly believe this is lacking in hip-hop today.  However, one of the main reasons that I am a fan of J. Cole is because of his ability to make songs!. On the Come Up (which I listened to after the Warm up) it was clear that he could spit but was not polished in song making. On The Warm Up he clearly proved he could make songs with tracks like Lights Please (great execturion), I Get Up, Can I Live, Dollar & A Dream II, World Is Empty, Get Away, Dreams, Losing My Balance etc.  I mean I could go on with more songs off that mixtape alone that all show damn good song making ability.  

So to label Cole as not being able to make good songs and just a spitter or to even insinuate that he JUST started making songs on this recent mixtape is absolutely absurd and I seriously have to question what exactly you were listening to or what your definition of a good song is.

^Sure bro. whatever yall say =). If he could make a complete, Good song...not just verses.....His album would probably be out by now

"who dat who dat" ....yeaa, sure he makes good COMPLETE SONGS.
laugh.gif

Clearly you didn't read my post thoroughly before as I mentioned "coherent verses combined with good hooks." Nobody ever said anything about JUST VERSERS.  All the songs I mentioned have coherent verses and damn good hooks! Clearly you have no idea what a good song is or what it takes to create one.

i know he's holding out...but these songs are just ok

nothing crazy or legendary about it...someone prove me wrong

i was trying to figure out why the intro sounded SO familiar, and it's because the piano melody is VERY similar to I Do This by Kendrick Lamar.

anyways, i gotta DL this and give it a run. pretty curious. i was a big fan when i first got his stuff last year, but it just got too bland for my taste...

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

^Sure bro. whatever yall say =). If he could make a complete, Good song...not just verses.....His album would probably be out by now

laugh.gif

Clearly you didn't read my post thoroughly before as I mentioned "coherent verses combined with good hooks." Nobody ever said anything about JUST VERSERS.  All the songs I mentioned have coherent verses and damn good hooks! Clearly you have no idea what a good song is or what it takes to create one.

Clearly if you think Jcole can make great/good complete songs....you have no idea what one is...Like I said...His HAS GREAT BARS!!!!!

iM GIVINGGGGG HIM CREDIT!! lol But His song making ability is Terrrrribleeee.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

laugh.gif

Clearly if you think Jcole can make great/good complete songs....you have no idea what one is...Like I said...His HAS GREAT BARS!!!!!

iM GIVINGGGGG HIM CREDIT!! lol But His song making ability is Terrrrribleeee.
If you are going to argue then at least argue the facts.  Are you really going to contend that all the songs I mentioned on the Warm Up are not good songs?! To just say his song making is terrible but have no supporting evidence is quite weak. I mean to each his own but if you are arguing against that material that I present then you have no idea what you are talking about.

i listened to the whole cole jant ....man hes just regular to me. dude has some good music. but hes lacking something or a combination of things. no star quality, no over the top beats.....dude lyrics arent bad but they arent outstanding...its like hes just someone thats nice around the way. mixtape is listen-able though
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom