J Dilla Best Hip-Hop Producer Ever LMAO

My guy said crazy stuff like J Dilla was the best producer i mean his good but not best ever and when i told him Pete Rock & Premo are he tried to tellme that they weren't i mean this is definitely not true. But i just want get you'll Opinions so what you'll think

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

GZA >
grin.gif
x
indifferent.gif

you make bad threads e, I told you that...

I wouldnt agree because most I aint into the backpack stuff all like that, tho I do f' it at times. But to say Dilla is the GOAT aint no off-the-wall *%!$,many others feel the same, ?uestLove, Pharrell, Tip, Common, etc...

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

GZA >

laugh.gif

Premo, RZA, and Dre are the 3 greatest IMO.
Followed by Pete Rock, Prince Paul, Large Professor, I can throw out Q-Tip too(production on ATCQ
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
)
There's alot more out there...

Dilla is ill. Remi I've heard you say more outlandish things.
laugh.gif

My list looks something like this, in order but it could do with some rearranging:

1.Pete Rock
2.Premo
3.RZA
4. Dre
5. Dilla
6. Marley Marl
7. Bomb Squad
8. Prince Paul
9. Organized Noise
10. Q-Tip

Honorable Mention

Havoc
Alchemist
Kanye
Hi Tek
Khayree
Roblo
9th
El P
Just Blaze

hell too many to mention

I honestly don't remember but I recognize the avy. The point was saying Dilla is GOAT really isn't a crazy statement. Dude was a legitimate musicalgenius.

Like someone else, many well respected dudes in hip hop have him as their GOAT.

Arguments can be made for Dilla, Premo, Pete Rock and RZA as the GOAT producer...at a certain point though it just comes down to personal preference. Dilla iseasily top 3 for me.

Rza over Dilla??
grin.gif

Anyway, I heard someone argue this before as well and what the guy had said was Dilla can do a Premo beat just like Premo....Dilla can do a Pete Rock beat justlike Pete Rock...Dilla can do a Dre beat just like Dre...but none of these producers can do a Dilla beat...

just an interesting thing that kinda stuck in my mind...opinions are always interesting...

I'd have to say he's in my top 3: Dilla, Rza, and Premo... I can't put them in any order... Dre and Pete Rock or 4th & 5th though

Hes was cool dont get me wrong i felt after he died he became slightly overrated

I mean he has classic beats but he doesn't a classic album he produced himself

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by sdsualum

Plan Beats wrote:

Top 5.

Pete Rock is the greatest.

cosign...b/c T.R.O.Y.>Preemo's catalog

Saying things for shock value FTL

Not really...b/c i had the pleasure of seeing Pete Rock and Preemo spin side by side, going back and forth after one would spin 3-4 songs, and the crowdabsolutely lost it when P. Rock threw on T.R.O.Y...Preemo even played all his classics and nothing got the crowd open like T.R.O.Y. did. Preemo may have themore consistent catalog, but nothing he has effs with T.R.O.Y.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Hes was cool dont get me wrong i felt after he died he became slightly overrated

I think you could argue that Fantastic vol. 1 is a classic in terms of the production and Dilla did that whole album

Originally Posted by jpap348

Originally Posted by mossman75

I think you could argue that Fantastic vol. 1 is a classic in terms of the production and Dilla did that whole album

Yeah i agree with that, beats on that album
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lyrics
sick.gif
sick.gif

purplehazze96 wrote:

sdsualum wrote:

Plan Beats wrote:

Top 5.

Not really...b/c i had the pleasure of seeing Pete Rock and Preemo spin side by side, going back and forth after one would spin 3-4 songs, and the crowd
absolutely lost it when P. Rock threw on T.R.O.Y...Preemo even played all his classics and nothing got the crowd open like T.R.O.Y. did. Preemo may have the
more consistent catalog, but nothing he has effs with T.R.O.Y.

What ever dude. You don't have to vouch for Pete Rock on my behalf. Dudes is number one on my list for a reason. You can believe what you want though.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Plan Beats wrote:

Top 5.

Not really...b/c i had the pleasure of seeing Pete Rock and Preemo spin side by side, going back and forth after one would spin 3-4 songs, and the crowd absolutely lost it when P. Rock threw on T.R.O.Y...Preemo even played all his classics and nothing got the crowd open like T.R.O.Y. did. Preemo may have the more consistent catalog, but nothing he has effs with T.R.O.Y.

So?
You said that TROY > Premo's entire catalog.
That's borderline ******ed.

If you said Troy is better than any individual song produced by Premo, you'd have a point.

But to say TROY is better than Memory Lane, Mass Appeal, You Know my Steez, Full Clip, etc. COMBINED is ridiculous.

I would probably say Premo as well however like others have said in this thread Dilla being one of the greatest producers of all time is definitely not no offthe wall type $%@ because he was and still is great. Dilla was just incredibly low key, i could sit here and post so many things about Dilla on the productiontip but im not going to get into all of that tonight as that would take up alot of time to type out. He was in my top 10 before he even passed away which makesme even happier!

Go back and listen to Frank n Danks first album (Jay Dee Production) majority of the beats on that particular album was crazy!!
Also, Slum Village Fantastic Vol.2, that $%@ is classic!

Back
Top Bottom