**Jack Johnson's Sleep Through The Static drops tomorrow, 2/05/08**

Tomorrow, Jack Johnson's album drops. He's easily one of my favorite artists. I've been waiting around 3 years for this. In Between Dreams hasbeen holding me down for a while anyway. So who's going to scoop this up tomorrow? This probably won't get many replies, seeing as to how the musicforum is dominated by Hip-Hop and Rap. I mean that's my favorite genre, but a little Jack Johnson and John Mayer doesn't hurt when you feel likemellowing out. Anywhere, here's the album information. Enjoy!

happy.gif

1013185.jpg

1.All At Once
2.Sleep Through the Static
3.Hope
4.Angel
5.Enemy
6.If I Had Eyes
7.Same Girl
8.What You Thought You Need
9.Adrift
10.Go On
11.They Do, They Don't
12.While We Wait
13.Monsoon
14.Losing Keys

Personnel: Jack Johnson (vocals, guitar); Zach Gill (vocals, keyboards); Trent Johnson (acoustic guitar); Merlo Podlewski (bass guitar); Adam Topol (drums); JPPlunier (hand claps, background vocals); Emmett Malloy, Josh Arroyo (hand claps); Danny Riley (background vocals).

I can't wait for this !%+!. I've been waiting for a while. Jack's one of my favorite artists of any genre (peep the avy).

I heard that the album has leaked, if anyone has heard it, what did you think about it?

And I really want Jack to go back on tour. I went to his concert when he was on tour back in August of 2006, and have been wanting to go to another one eversince.

Man, I've always wanted to see dude live. Oh well, one day. As for it leaking, my boy has it, but I refused to listen. I want my first listen to be when Ipop it into my car tomorrow. There's snippets for each song on cduniverse.com, but I stayed away from it.

I'll be getting this for sure. I've been listening to a ton of Jack's music in anticipation the last few days. I can't wait!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

THANKS FOR GIVING ME THE HEADS UP, i'll going right after class to pick this up. I've been waiting for this album for toooooo long.

forgot this was coming out, def. gona have to buy when i go get the assasination of jesse james

I'll tell you right now, it's good and definitely worth your money.
wink.gif

- Tical.

I'll tell you right now, it's good and definitely worth your money.
wink.gif

- Tical.

eek.gif
pimp.gif

I just had my first run through of the album, and all I have to say is that I love it already. Relative to his past albums, Sleep Through The Static is a lotslower and more mellow than his previous albums, which I'm happy about because I was always more into songs like "Fortunate Fool,""Breakdown," and "Do You Remember." This album would be the perfect soundtrack to a rainy day, driving in you car on a roadtrip, or whenyou need some alone time to think. I recommend it to all music fans. Go out and cop!
happy.gif
My favorite songs right now are "Angel," "Sleep Through TheStatic," and "Go On." I think this album is the same to Jack's career as John Mayer's Continuum was to his career. Enjoy the album,ya'll.

Im about half way thru my first listen and im loving it too, but im not sure about it being his Continuum

I wasnt really feeling If I Had Eyes at first (ive had it for about a week or two) but the more i listen the more i like it... u cant help but start noddingyour head when the piano first kicks in
pimp.gif

ohh mann, i just copped this and threw it in the cd player with the quickness, this CD is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

all i did before the album dropped was just sit on brushfirerecords and keep all of his songs on repeat
laugh.gif

i haven't been able to run through the whole album yet, but up until Angel, i have no complaints whatsoever...the songs have definitely seemed to slowdown, i guess to incorporate the tone of Danny Riley's passing away...but what i was also amazed about was how environmentally concious he was with thealbum...the recycled album paper material, solar power recording??
eek.gif

ill be back once i get a better feel for the album, but this is definitely a worthwhile purchase seeing how its only $10!! great followup purchase afterAlicia's album

Back
Top Bottom