**Jack Johnson's Sleep Through The Static drops tomorrow, 2/05/08**

Hey Don you obviously don't get nobody in hear wants to hear from you? your the guy that shows up to parties uninvited gets asked to leave throw a Sissyfit and claim you know somebody inside. you got ethered plain and simple.

back to JJ.. Sleep through the static is one of his greatest songs, and if you can find the BBC special with him and one of my personal faves Matt Costa youwill be in for a treat since he performs three tracks off his new album and a lot of old stuff.

Hey Don you obviously don't get nobody in hear wants to hear from you? your the guy that shows up to parties uninvited gets asked to leave throw a Sissy fit and claim you know somebody inside. you got ethered plain and simple.
Sorry to break up the Jack Johnson circle jerk. Carry on.

Jack Johnson makes catchy music that is pretty good to listen to. Although I think he is a joke at guitar and his music is kind of uncreative, it is stillpretty good to listen to.

For ANYONE comparing Jack Johnson to The Dave Matthews Band, either get a brain or PLEASE listen to the two. DMB and JJ sound NOTHING alike and their music iscompletely different. I know its hard to see around that both have acoustic guitars, but DMB is on a completely different level than jack johnson in regards tosongwriting, guitar play, and quality music in general.

Back to Jack Johnson, this cd seems to be pretty good so far. Typical Jack Johnson cd, but it is pouring down rain outside and this is good music to hear on aday like this.

Jack Johnson makes catchy music that is pretty good to listen to. Although I think he is a joke at guitar and his music is kind of uncreative, it is still pretty good to listen to.

For ANYONE comparing Jack Johnson to The Dave Matthews Band, either get a brain or PLEASE listen to the two. DMB and JJ sound NOTHING alike and their music is completely different. I know its hard to see around that both have acoustic guitars, but DMB is on a completely different level than jack johnson in regards to songwriting, guitar play, and quality music in general.

Back to Jack Johnson, this cd seems to be pretty good so far. Typical Jack Johnson cd, but it is pouring down rain outside and this is good music to hear on a day like this.

False. They both make awful and ghey music.

^^Let me know what kind of music you listen to? DMB makes some of the most creative music today, which goes way farther than just Dave himself. Carter Beaufordis considered by many to be the greatest drummer in the world and Boyd Tinsley is no slouch on the violin...

laugh.gif

yo cru number one Dave Matthews plays the toughest acoustic sets i have ever seen (saw dave twice live, and great experience) listen to 'some devil'and you will shut the hell up. as for Vols saying that Jack is a joke at guitar is a joke because if you have listened to the greats like a Bob dylan some ofhis most laid back sets came on sly mellow acoustic jams.

Originally Posted by GoVols234

Jack Johnson makes catchy music that is pretty good to listen to. Although I think he is a joke at guitar and his music is kind of uncreative, it is still pretty good to listen to.

For ANYONE comparing Jack Johnson to The Dave Matthews Band, either get a brain or PLEASE listen to the two. DMB and JJ sound NOTHING alike and their music is completely different. I know its hard to see around that both have acoustic guitars, but DMB is on a completely different level than jack johnson in regards to songwriting, guitar play, and quality music in general.

Back to Jack Johnson, this cd seems to be pretty good so far. Typical Jack Johnson cd, but it is pouring down rain outside and this is good music to hear on a day like this.

I really don't understand why DMB gets so much hate when they are one of the most talented bands out there.

yo cru number one Dave Matthews plays the toughest acoustic sets i have ever seen (saw dave twice live, and great experience) listen to 'some devil' and you will shut the hell up. as for Vols saying that Jack is a joke at guitar is a joke because if you have listened to the greats like a Bob dylan some of his most laid back sets came on sly mellow acoustic jams.
I don't think listening to some devil will cause me to shut the hell up about how awful and ghey the music of DMB is. You want your mind to beblown, check out Sun City Girls, Tin Hat Trio, and Nurse with Wound.

Originally Posted by awon23

yo CruThik3 if you don't have anything good to say shut the @$*@ up.

Seriously, all dude does is come into every thread with negative comments. If you don't like what the topic is about, try not clicking on it because noone really cares what you have to say.

- Tical.

I hope the hilarity of the sensitivity of the Jack Johnson contingent on here is being caught by everyone else...

All the haters of Jack Johnson can get out of this thread. No one is calling out the music you listen to and saying it's "ghey".
Anyway, I really like Hope, If I Had Eyes, Sleep through the Static and What You Thought You Need.

I've been a Jack fan since day one. I've enjoyed all the albums he's put out and rank his live show in my top 5 performances i've seen. I waspretty excited to hear him coming out with new material, and that he'd be touring. But after listening to this album, i'm pretty disappointed with it.Jack really needs to come anew. His music is becoming too formulaic. Good for me i downloaded the album instead of buying it.

you can not consider yourself a man if you like jack jonhnson. sorry to bring this back but its hilarious. i am in total agreement with cru and don.

also i am feeling that the niketalk music forum elitist are maliciously preying on the weak to get their jollies.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by j j j JT t t t

you can not consider yourself a man if you like jack jonhnson. sorry to bring this back but its hilarious. i am in total agreement with cru and don.

also i am feeling that the niketalk music forum elitist are maliciously preying on the weak to get their jollies.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

If they didn't get so hurt it wouldn't be as hilarious.

Seriously, all dude does is come into every thread with negative comments. If you don't like what the topic is about, try not clicking on it because no one really cares what you have to say.

- Tical.
roll.gif

This coming from the guy who you can find in every Lupe post hating on him and anyone who likes him. Slightly hypocritical.

BTW: DMB is the truth.

Originally Posted by houser34

Seriously, all dude does is come into every thread with negative comments. If you don't like what the topic is about, try not clicking on it because no one really cares what you have to say.

- Tical.
roll.gif

This coming from the guy who you can find in every Lupe post hating on him and anyone who likes him. Slightly hypocritical.

BTW: DMB is the truth.

laugh.gif
I knew someone would call me out on it. I only do it with Lupethough because there's so many dudes on his johnson around here, Cru does it with every damn non-rap post I've ever seen.

- Tical.

Jack Johnson is cool with me.

haven't heard the album yet.

but bumping In Between Dreams now

Originally Posted by j j j JT t t t

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Jack Johnson gets the panties dropped pretty fast, you probably wouldn't know about that though...

- Tical.

Back
Top Bottom