Jaguar F-Type - Based Off of C-X16 (Updated w/ Price = $69k)

Starting at $69,000.

F-Type
2eaidsy.jpg

C-X16 Concept
2vd44ex.jpg

Last edited:
The C-X16 was powered by a V6 with 376hp, this one is supposed to have a supercharged V6 and a possible V8 (though with it looking so small, not sure how they can fit one in there). The C-X16 is supposed to be jaguars answer to Porsches Boxtser/Cayman (though with that much power, more like against the Boxster S/Cayman S) so hopefully they match up in price.

This thing is beautiful!
They should use this car to set a new benchmark for V6 perfomance and leave the V8 to the full size sedans. Squeeze 400 + hosrepower out of a V6 powered R version with a supercharger and high flow exhaust.
I've owned 2 jaguars and promissed never to go luxury again, but I could see myself coming back for this one.

Last edited:
:pimp:

Why are the headlights so foggy in those last few pics though?

It kinda reminds me of an Aston Martin. Looks pretty nice none the less though.

Ian Callum (the designer of the Aston DB7 & Vanquish) did this, as well as the current Jaguar XK.

Last edited:
After months of spy shots, leaked images and teaser videos, Jaguar has finally pulled the sheet on its long-awaited F-Type sports car. The F-Type roadster will launch in the U.S. next summer, with the coupe model following shortly thereafter.

Stretching 176 inches from nose to tail, the F-Type is 3.8 inches longer than Porsche’s Boxster but 0.8 inches shorter than the 911. The platform and much of the body are made of aluminum, helping to keep weight in the 3500-3700 pound range depending on model. Torsional rigidity is said to be up 10 percent over the already railroad trestle-like XKR-S.

As expected, engine choices will include a new supercharged 3.0-liter V6 in two different states of tune and a version of Jaguar’s existing supercharged 5.0-liter V8. The blown V6 will generate 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque in the standard F-Type and 380 ponies and 339 lb-ft of twist in the mid-range F-Type S model. The F-Type V8 S will churn out 495 hp and 460 lb-ft.

Jaguar says that the zero-to-60 mph dash takes 5.1 seconds for the standard car, 4.8 seconds for the S and 4.2 ticks for the V8 S.

An eight-speed automatic that uses a conventional gear lever in place of Jaguar’s usual rotary knob will be the only transmission at launch, but a source at Jaguar has confirmed to Car and Driver that a six-speed manual will later be added to the options list.

F-Type S models will feature a mechanical limited-slip differential, while the V8 S will use an electronic diff with a multi-plate clutch to transfer torque to whichever rear wheel has the most traction. Each of the three variants gets a unique brake setup: the “base model” will employ 13.9-inch front discs and 12.8-inch rears, the S will be fitted with 15-inch front discs while the V8 S will boast 15-inch front and 14.8-inch rear units.

Visually, the F-Type roadster is heavily inspired by the C-X16 coupe that Jaguar debuted as a concept car at the Frankfurt Motor Show last year. The front end of the car boasts sleek headlights and a wide grille, two styling cues that are reminiscent of Jaguar's iconic E-Type. Out back, the bumper is fitted with an aggressive-looking air diffuser that incorporates four chromed exhaust tips.

The numbers look decent, but I'd expected the 0-60 in 4.2seconds V8S numbers from the supercharged V6 for a car this size. They should have used this care to showcase the V6 powerplant, and left the V8 to the XK lineup.

The coupe should be faster off the line because of the weight savings.

Back
Top Bottom