Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless about High School Career

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Jalen got lit up for 81 though so I'm not sure what's worse?
Uh not sure if srs...
grin.gif

Skip deserves to get some since he's always dishing it out.  Between him and Cowherd I don't know who trolls the most both just try to get a rise out of people for attention and people fall for it.  Jalen is that dude tho this and his podcast are much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

That was kind of immature on Jalen's part

Kinda like calling Bosh "Bosh Spice". Bayless told Chris Broussard that he sold his soul to be LeBron's good graces. Let's not forget he accused Troy Aikman of being gay in one of his books. Dude is getting what he deserves. T-sizzle called him a d-bag a few months ago now and J-Rose got at him. I just hope ESPN doesn't make him apologize. I got a feeling they will though.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

You can tell that hurt Skips soul. He can say all kinda crazy #@#@ about people but when somebody says something about him I noticed dude gets real sensitive. Like when Kevin Durant called him out.

Agreed. I guess he isn't as "mentally tough" as he claims. Last week on First Take Jorge clowned him about his theory of a "clutch gene" and he got sensitive about that. That dude real quick to snap at a woman but when a man take shots, he get real sensitive.

I don't think it was immature at all. The only reason it was relevant and thus bought up by Jalen, is because Westbrook is one of Skip's people who he incessantly hates on Twitter and not too long ago he mentioned he was from OKC himself and said that he was a varsity Pistol Pete like point guard who shot a lot and coach wanted to be more point guard. So yes, he portrayed himself to be much more than a 1.4ppg player.

i think it was kinda bogus on jalens part
because jalen read into skips question the wrong way

i think skip asked jalen "and what position were you?"
not that jalen wasnt good
but that jalen was more of a point than a forward (i done forgot what position jalen played)

Originally Posted by supahoopa

but that jalen was more of a point than a forward (i done forgot what position jalen played)

Pg/Sf/sg i think

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

1.4 ppg???

roll.gif

He averaged 16.9 rebounds, 14.3 assists, 5.7 steals and 4.8 blocks next to that 1.4 ppg though.
He was a junior playing on the JV team I would think he would be able to put up decent numbers. Or were those his numbers as a senior?

Originally Posted by supahoopa

EXACTLY! Skip didn't mean to diss him or anything, but was simply asking what position jalen played. 

I don't mind skip, and love when he gets roasted by someone...but when I heard Jalen say that, I felt really bad for skip. It was done in bad taste.  

You gotta love Skip getting roasted because he's quick to low blow someone else, he does it routinely on everybody except Stephen A Smith.

Stephen A hooped at Winston Salem state...think he was more of a role player off the bench but he did play

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Stephen A hooped at Winston Salem state...think he was more of a role player off the bench but he did play
Nah he ain't play either
laugh.gif

He thought he could come from NY and hoop on some dudes from the South. NOPE! Big House sat his !*! at the end of the bench.

Somebody had to have JUST done this on his wiki page:
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Born[/th][td]John Edward Bayless II
December 4, 1951 (age 60)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Other names[/th][td]Comedy Gold[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Education[/th][td]Vanderbilt University[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Occupation[/th][td]Television Sports Commentator (ESPN) commentator, sportswriter, professional troll[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Notable credit(s)[/th][td]ESPN First Take (see Cold Pizza)
1st and 10[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Title[/th][td]Pooeater[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Spouse[/th][td]Tim Tebow[/td][/tr][/table]

They could've went harder than that like on Stephen A's page
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Somebody had to have JUST done this on his wiki page:
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Born[/th][td]John Edward Bayless II
December 4, 1951 (age 60)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Other names[/th][td]Comedy Gold[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Education[/th][td]Vanderbilt University[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Occupation[/th][td]Television Sports Commentator (ESPN) commentator, sportswriter, professional troll[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Notable credit(s)[/th][td]ESPN First Take (see Cold Pizza)
1st and 10[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Title[/th][td]Pooeater[/td][/tr][tr][th="row"]Spouse[/th][td]Tim Tebow[/td][/tr][/table]

They could've went harder than that like on Stephen A's page
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif

pooeater aint even the news though...
SKIP IS 60?!!? 

looks pretty good for 60 pause

Skip and Jalen are going to discuss what happened on todays ESPN First Take if anyones interested. I'm shocked that its become this big of a deal

Back
Top Bottom