Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless about High School Career

Originally Posted by MHT214

Seriously?
Jalen Rose is the one regretting everything. Skip loves this. And I agree with whomever said that Skip wasnt trying to insult Jalen yesterday when he asked "what were you?" Jalens' ignorance/ego led him to react the way he did...

Jalen is lying to himself if cant see that Kwame Brown is not a good basketball player in the NBA.
your taking this the wrong way... skip said that rose crossed the line about what he said about his high school basketball... rose was asking him why is it ok for you to call someone bosh spice and talk bad about his family name but i cant say the same bout you?

Jalen making himself look about half stubborn right now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Seriously?
Jalen Rose is the one regretting everything. Skip loves this. And I agree with whomever said that Skip wasnt trying to insult Jalen yesterday when he asked "what were you?" Jalens' ignorance/ego led him to react the way he did...

Jalen is lying to himself if cant see that Kwame Brown is not a good basketball player in the NBA.
your taking this the wrong way... skip said that rose crossed the line about what he said about his high school basketball... rose was asking him why is it ok for you to call someone bosh spice and talk bad about his family name but i cant say the same bout you?

Right; and Skip said "No". 
Skip's only problem with Jalen, i think, was Jalen jumped to conclusions, and did not do his due diligence. He fired back out of anger and did what reporter/analyst should never do: "report without facts".

Not watching 1st Take, but don't yall think that this is what ESPN wants? RATINGS!!!

Look at the amount of people tuned in to see an egg on the face of the resident troll. Skip probably doesn't give 2 !#$++ about being "exposed." Dude is probably loving every minute of this.

Seriously?

Skip's only problem with Jalen, i think, was Jalen jumped to conclusions, and did not do his due diligence. He fired back out of anger and did what reporter/analyst should never do: "report without facts".

i'm not watching (i'm at work).. but i dont understand.. what "facts" did jalen miss in his comments?

did skip not average 1.4 pts in high school on the JV squad?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

i'm not watching (i'm at work).. but i dont understand.. what "facts" did jalen miss in his comments?

did skip not average 1.4 pts in high school on the JV squad?
Jalen simply blurred some facts together. Skip played JV as junior. His senior year he avg 1.4 ppg. Skip tried to smooth those facts over by saying her played varsity after his JV game to "learn how to play the pg position." If you guys missed it just check out the the First take podcast. i should be up in a few hours.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Like Mez said...
Mez 0ne:
Nobody would watch these shows if there was no slander.

except for me.  Stuff like this annoys me.  I think it could have been handled a better way, but ESPN wants ratings.

-I don't like name-calling when it is unjustified or related to off-court issues.
-I should be able to call a player a "bum/scrub" because you should be judge against your peers' performance. 

^ haven't followed the whole saga.. aside from knowing 2 things:

1) the intitial comments came up when skip was being critical of westbrook (saw this from the dailythunder).. and he tried to use his high school career to demonstrate that he was an authority on the subject

2) rose ethered the dude.. but when i saw the clip i saw something about westbrook at the bottom, so i assumed it came up in the context of jalen and skip talking about westbrook

Jalen earned a lot of respect from me today. He handled himself well without acting buffoonish. You guys are crazy if you think Kwame Brown sucks. Could you or I "suck" at our jobs for a decade and remain employed? Kwame may have underachieved, but he is a lot better at his job than you or I am at ours. That's the point Jalen was making. We can laugh at Kwame all we want, but he been laughing all the way to the bank for the past decade. I wish I could "suck" as bad as him.

Stephen A. mouth was moving but he wasn't saying a damn thing to me. I wish they would have cut his mic off.  Dude was trying to say some deep stuff by conveying his message with "big words" but he wasn't saying anything. You ain't the only one that went to college SAS.

I didn't see the whole thing, but it seemed like Rose was trying to be as professional and reasonable as possible, Skip
ate crow but did it gracefully, and Stephen A basically brought his usual loud buffoonery as if he didn't have the full
story about anything, even though he WORKS for ESPN.

Peep Game:
Stephen A basically brought his usual loud buffoonery as if he didn't have the full story about anything
3900stabler:
Stephen A. mouth was moving but he wasn't saying a damn thing to me. I wish they would have cut his mic off.  Dude was trying to say some deep stuff by conveying his message with "big words" but he wasn't saying anything.
You guys really don't really think Stephen A said anything relevant?

Really?

I was going to say something like "He was basically saying," but then you'll just say "Well yeah, I got that. Still doesn't matter."

So keep thinking he was just rambling big words while making no point.

His point was extremely valid, and obviously could have said in much fewer words; still an extremely valid point, though.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

Jalen earned a lot of respect from me today. He handled himself well without acting buffoonish. You guys are crazy if you think Kwame Brown sucks. Could you or I "suck" at our jobs for a decade and remain employed? Kwame may have underachieved, but he is a lot better at his job than you or I am at ours. That's the point Jalen was making. We can laugh at Kwame all we want, but he been laughing all the way to the bank for the past decade. I wish I could "suck" as bad as him.

Stephen A. mouth was moving but he wasn't saying a damn thing to me. I wish they would have cut his mic off.  Dude was trying to say some deep stuff by conveying his message with "big words" but he wasn't saying anything. You ain't the only one that went to college SAS.
eek.gif
. In the NBA, he does suck.
I am better at my job than Kwame is at his--yes,  I am. 

I do not make $6million for sucking. 

Kwame can laugh to the bank, yes, but he has no credibility on playing Center in the NBA with me. 

Also, I was a big Kwame fan when he came in the league. But it has been 11yrs since that day he got drafted and has avg'd 6points and .8 blocks for his career. 

Anyway, Kwame talk is not the argument here. 

eek.gif

Kwame can laugh to the bank, yes, but he has no credibility on playing Center in the NBA with me. 

Also, I was a big Kwame fan when he came in the league. But it has been 11yrs since that day he got drafted and has avg'd 6points and .8 blocks for his career. 

so you still dont get the full point... there are a lot of people that have and still try to get into the nba all the time... d league, first round bust and bench warmers, euro players..  and kwame is still playing and getting paid so he must be doing something right, or have some type of skill set... if not he would have been gone a long time ago...

eek.gif

so you still dont get the full point... there are a lot of people that have and still try to get into the nba all the time... d league, first round bust and bench warmers, euro players..  and kwame is still playing and getting paid so he must be doing something right, or have some type of skill set... if not he would have been gone a long time ago...

Exactly, you cant play any pro sport for more than 5 years if you suck, let alone 11 yrs.

eek.gif

No credibility playing center in the NBA with YOU, but yet he's had an 11 year career.  How do you explain that? 

laugh.gif

If you watch the First Take, Jalens horrible arguments worked against him, it was brief and left alone, but he used Brian Scalabrine to make Stephen A's point.

I suggest next time you go to your job, Look around; find one person that you think sucks ( for whatever reason, hopefully a valid one) and see how long he has been employed....it happens in all avenues of this world...even the Great wonderful NBA.

kwame isn't that bad....he plays his role pretty well....not many bigs come through the nba so a decent one can stick around for awhile

Back
Top Bottom