Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless about High School Career

Originally Posted by MHT214

eek.gif
. In the NBA, he does suck.
I am better at my job than Kwame is at his--yes,  I am. 

I do not make $6million for sucking. 

Kwame can laugh to the bank, yes, but he has no credibility on playing Center in the NBA with me. 

Also, I was a big Kwame fan when he came in the league. But it has been 11yrs since that day he got drafted and has avg'd 6points and .8 blocks for his career. 

Anyway, Kwame talk is not the argument here. 

ok.. how many centers are there in the nba total?

let's assume each of the 30 teams has at least 2.. so that would be 60

then let's assume that about half have 3.. so that would be  about 90 (again just assuming)

over the span of his 11 year career, dude has averaged just over 20 mins per game (so it's not like he's rotting on the bench by any means)

MHT214, do you really think you are that good at your profession that if there were that limited amount of spots available that you would receive one of them?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

eek.gif

Kwame can laugh to the bank, yes, but he has no credibility on playing Center in the NBA with me. 

Also, I was a big Kwame fan when he came in the league. But it has been 11yrs since that day he got drafted and has avg'd 6points and .8 blocks for his career. 

then let's assume that about half have 3.. so that would be  about 90 (again just assuming)

2. over the span of his 11 year career, dude has averaged just over 20 mins per game (so it's not like he's rotting on the bench by any means)

1. MHT214, do you really think you are that good at your profession that if there were that limited amount of spots available that you would receive one of them?

1. Yes. A couple years ago, maybe not. Today, Yes. 

2. Cool; you are right--he is getting playing time. So you're ok with 6pts & .8 blocks?

eek.gif

2. over the span of his 11 year career, dude has averaged just over 20 mins per game (so it's not like he's rotting on the bench by any means)

1. MHT214, do you really think you are that good at your profession that if there were that limited amount of spots available that you would receive one of them?

2. Cool; you are right--he is getting playing time. So you're ok with 6pts & .8 blocks?

I would still love to hear your explanation as to how Kwame has lasted 11 years in the NBA. 

These clowns are loving this. Their ratings are about to be through the roof

There's too many opinions in the media today and there will always be slander. Most people watch because of the slander these idiots say

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I would still love to hear your explanation as to how Kwame has lasted 11 years in the NBA. 
That's like asking me: "Given a description of a program and a finite input, decide whether the program finishes running or will run forever. "
Look, I don't have the answers as to why he has been in the league this long. I do have my theories...but before I get to that. I do not dislike Kwame. If he went out tonight and scored 101pts, I'd say "good for him"....but still define him by how his career has gone thus far. I have nothing against him, I just wouldn't want him on my team.----unlessssss---which leads me to my theory....and someone up top said it too...Dearth of centers 
Simply; think about your favorite NBA team, and tell me whether or not you have a viable top 5 Center (not a guy that plays both PF & Center) a real Center. I also think teams have paid him based on his "potential", due to the fact that there aren't many good centers--and you have to have a big body--he has been paid on what people think he could be one day. He is still a young guy and could still turn things around.

*we should get back on topic 

Jalen = too quick to get defensive.

If you call a guy that been in the NBA for over 11 years a bum, i wonder what you call a guy who thinks he can hoop, but didnt make it to the league.

My brother and I argued about this while watching ESPN First Take this morning, he thinks that this guy we hoop with at the gym could beat Kwame Brown one on one.

The guy we hoop with is about 5'8 (he has never played high school ball or college ball) my bro thinks he could beat Kwame because he is faster than Kwame and would just cross him over every time.
roll.gif

Kwame Brown 6'11 270lbs.

IMO the worst player in the NBA would beat someone who is just a rec player.

DoubleJs07:
All it takes is a team saying "Well, he did average __ and __ (insert pts & boards of prev team), and I think what they did wrong was ________ (insert anything other than 'Realize he's not good'), and I think we can fix that."

Repeat multiple times for multiple teams.

SportsJunkie:
If you call a guy that been in the NBA for over 11 years a bum, i wonder what you call a guy who thinks he can hoop, but didnt make it to the league.
Good enough to beat me, but not them (points to NBA players).

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

SportsJunkie:
Good enough to beat me, but not them (points to NBA players).
+ probably missed opportunities.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

DoubleJs07:
All it takes is a team saying "Well, he did average __ and __ (insert pts & boards of prev team), and I think what they did wrong was ________ (insert anything other than 'Realize he's not good'), and I think we can fix that."

Repeat multiple times for multiple teams.

But here's the thing....EVERYONE knows what Kwame is at this point.  I highly doubt that teams are looking at his previous stops and all of a sudden thinking of ways to improve his play.  IMO, why he's lasted so long in the NBA is that he's one of the better post defenders in the league.  

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Seriously?
Jalen Rose is the one regretting everything. Skip loves this. And I agree with whomever said that Skip wasnt trying to insult Jalen yesterday when he asked "what were you?" Jalens' ignorance/ego led him to react the way he did...

Jalen is lying to himself if cant see that Kwame Brown is not a good basketball player in the NBA.
your taking this the wrong way... skip said that rose crossed the line about what he said about his high school basketball... rose was asking him why is it ok for you to call someone bosh spice and talk bad about his family name but i cant say the same bout you?
Skip said he crossed the line when he kept reiterating that he was lying about everything.
.....and the Bosh Spice nickname came from the fact that the first two years in Miami he has played very soft, not part of the "big 3", avoided the paint.....but you know what? He has not even called him that at all this year because Bosh has actually played like he belongs on the team now. They just call it the way they see  it (nickname or not), I don't see how that kind of stuff is "too personal".

If an athlete gets too riled up over a nickname for some lulz on ESPN of all things, they really are not made to play in a large market. I've seen or read worse things in newspapers.

First Take does awesome numbers, nothing beats the show during the Tim Tebow win streak....funniest thing ever.
laugh.gif

Straight up anybody defending this character Skip Bayless is a clown...

laugh.gif

Its out of pocket to call a blowhard on his lies but not out of pocket for dude to completely fabricate his past "accomplishments"

Oh Ok

That's the thing Skip is a troll, because he can articulate the troll role so well. This is a show built for morning ratings, it really doesn't matter what outlandish thing he says cause he gets the conversation going for the whole day. First take creates the theme for the whole damn day at ESPN. That's why despite poor ratings initially they kept with it.

as far as the water pistol pete thing.
Look every day a coach decides that a player who is stubborn like Skip ( which made him a damn good journalist) in their mind isnt good enough to play the way they want to play. Either you mold yourself to play like the coach wants or you transfer. If Skip was legit good at baseball and saw himself in an athletic mold then he would have tried to play more. He didnt so he hit his books and carved out a nice living.

The media is designed as a whole to test people who put themselves in the public eye. If you succeed then you get adulation, if you fail you get rick rolled its that simple.

lol at ppl underestimating the talent needed to play on the NBA level. Even the dudes at the end of the bench were successful D1 players (if you played ball you know it isn't easy even getting a spot on a D1) and LEGENDS at their HS.

Listening to the podcast right now, Jalen Rose is holding his own against Steph A and skip. I think Skip is lying about that story about his HS career. thats a lie i think.

Steven A is loud but most of time he's on point and is probably the most unbiased person on ESPN. All of them had some good point espeacially Chris Carter. The Whole probelm is that people like Skip thinks they can talk crazy about athelets and nothing should come back at them. I agree with most of the stuff Jalen was saying but come on now Kwame Brown is a bum flat out. If you are the number one pick and your game hasnt gotten better in 11 years something is wrong. Ima Laker fan and call Steve Blake a bum but I would never say something like he's a quitter or something personal like that. Thats where Skip and ALOT of people on the internet go to far with the criticism.

The whole Bosh spice thing is crossing the line. You can say he plays soft but when somebody calls him that its personal you basically calling him a female.   

Back
Top Bottom