January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_my0et57JVW1rqtfr5o1_400.gif
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
C9B30348-A9ED-4130-AE4E-848E7C83CF50.gif

Two-way street though. Those 3 guys you named have had some of their best matches against Kenny. If anything, the argument you’re trying to make is just showing that Kenny is in-fact the constant.

Unfortunately with A&W the talent level just isn’t really there. Only so much he can do when he’s put in matches with Joey Janela and Dean Ambrose.

People are there to see Kenny in a top spot, but instead they are getting Cody.

He's not the constant..They've had some of their best matches with him, but they've also been able to step in the ring with several others and still have great matches..Kenny's athleticism allows him to have great matches with those people..But when he's in the ring with others he's not that great of a worker..

And you can't use Joey and Jeans as an excuse for him having poor matches..Those guys both have 13+ yrs experience so it's not like they're rookies that don't know what they're doing..Guys like Flair, Bret, Taker, Kurt, Benoit, Eddie, Chris, etc etc etc were able to have great matches with a variety of people and could make anyone look good..How's come Kenny can't do the same?

He's not the constant..They've had some of their best matches with him, but they've also been able to step in the ring with several others and still have great matches..Kenny's athleticism allows him to have great matches with those people..But when he's in the ring with others he's not that great of a worker..

And you can't use Joey and Jeans as an excuse for him having poor matches..Those guys both have 13+ yrs experience so it's not like they're rookies that don't know what they're doing..Guys like Flair, Bret, Taker, Kurt, Benoit, Eddie, Chris, etc etc etc were able to have great matches with a variety of people and could make anyone look good..How's come Kenny can't do the same?
So you're saying that Okada and Tanahashi would have GREAT matches with Joey Janela?

So you're saying that Okada and Tanahashi would have GREAT matches with Joey Janela?

I think Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, KO, DBry, and several other people that are considered "top guys" could have better matches with Janela than Kenny..I don't see Kenny as a ring general at all..I see him as a guy that needs a better wrestler, not spot monkey, across from him in order to get those excellent matches out of him..If he doesn't have that other person then he's just a regular dude that can do flippy stuff..Kenny is NOT Elite, E-E-Elite..

AEW Dynamite Preview (Oct. 23, 2019): My Turn

EHj_a_xVUAg3lJr.0.jpg
AEW
Tonight (Oct. 23) All Elite Wrestling comes our way from Peterson Events Center in Pittsburgh, PA. Last week the first round of the tag team tournament concluded, PAC & Mox were incompatible partners, Riho retained her championship and Darby Allin proved to be an absolute madman against his match with Le Champion, Chris Jericho.
Advertised for tonight:
  • Best Friends vs. The Young Bucks
  • SCU vs The Dark Order (Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final)
  • Lucha Bros vs. Private Party (Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final)
  • Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela
  • Cody speaks
  • Britt Baker in action in her hometown aka Brittsburgh
  • Jon Moxley vs. PAC
Here are our five questions about AEW tonight:
1) Will Omega and Janela steal the show?
Originally, this match was supposed to be Janela versus Jack Evans but due to the popularity and the absolute banger of a match that Janela and Omega put on AEW Dark the match has changed to Omega vs. Janela. It’s technically Janela’s AEW TV debut as he has only appeared on the PPV’s and the AEW Dark shows so far and to say that they pressure is on is an understatement. Janela has to accomplish two things tonight. 1) introduce himself and appeal to a new, larger audience and 2) recreate magic. Everyone that watched the AEW Dark match is going to be expecting the same level of intensity from the two competitors, especially since this is a last minute match change specifically because that match was popular. Can they do it?

2) Who will be in the final of the Tag Team Tournament?
The Tag Team Tournament to crown the first ever AEW tag team champions is almost complete! After this round we have one more match and then new champions. The way the bracket has turned out essentially leaves us with an established team versus an up-and-coming team which has me thinking that that is exactly what is going to happened in the final round.
Looking at the brackets right now my guess would be Lucha Bros versus Dark Order. Lucha Bros are living that heel turn life and are absolutely dominant. Sure, they are super well known and hardly need another championship, but this is a new side to the brothers that we haven't seen before (well, at least haven't seen from them at the same time). The Dark Order are also spooky, but in a different way. Additionally, it is clear that AEW management wants The Dark Order to get over. (They gave them minions! You don’t just give someone minions if you don’t have faith!) Unfortunately, The Dark Order hasn’t been the most popular with the crowds unless you were previously familiar with their work as the Super Smash Bros (Google them! They rule!). Putting them in the final against the Lucha Bros and gasp even having them win the championships would surely justify the cost of the minions.
...or I could be wrong. Honestly, any way the tournament final turns out is going to be fantastic. AEW has such a deep talented tag roster it’s hard to think of a bad match possibility.
All I know for sure is that we are going to have two banger matches tonight!
3) Will Britt Baker finally get a defined character?
Britt Baker’s character for a while now has been solidly in the “tweener” category. When she first debuted at ALL IN she had definite heel vibes (as she was coming from a solid heel run on the indies) and seemed like she would be leaning into the perfect girl with a bad attitude gimmick. But then, slowly, as AEW became more defined, her character gave off a more “I’m here to win, but I guess I respect the other competitors” vibe. Sure, she was still into herself a bunch, but she could admit that maybe some other competitors were good too. She even shook Riho’s hand after she lost to her last week.
She’s advertised this week as being “in action” and as it is her home town, I’m guessing it’s a squash and promo (or maybe just a promo). I see it going one of two ways. 1) She turns full heel and trashes Pittsburgh and turns her back on her old nomenclature of “Brittsburg” or 2) She tries to cut a face promo and is interrupted by another competitor (probably Bea Priestly). Either way, the fact remains that Britt needs to figure out something more defined character wise if she is going to be a fixture on weekly AEW TV.
4) Will the Inner Circle show up (and mess things up)?
None of the Inner Circle are advertised for this show but, come on, they have to show up and wreak havoc! That’s their whole thing! Even if Le Champion is too busy bathing in bubbly or whatever someone in the IC has to remind the roster who (they think) is in charge. My bet is that Santana & Ortiz get involved in the Bucks vs BF’s match to add some fuel to their match at Full Gear.
Curiously, Cody was advertised last week as having a speaking segment this week (although I haven't seen it mentioned since so we’ll see) and Jericho is was in the background of the splash card so if that segment does happen you can bet your bottom dollar that the Inner Circle will have something to say in response to Cody.
5) How long before Moxley grabs his barbed wired baseball bat?
PAC wants to show his dominance through his wrestling prowess. Moxley wants to show his dominance in the most violent way possible, wrestling be damned. There is no way this remains a strict wrestling match for long. PAC shed blood last week and it was primarily Mox’s fault. Turn about is fair play...
Tune into AEW on TNT at 8 ET tonight to see if we get any answers to these questions.

NXT preview (Oct. 23, 2019): Fully loaded

042_NXT_10092019CA_03485__27691da364d97c0ebad64d8f6db568b4.0.jpg
WWE.com
NXT returns tonight (Oct. 23) from Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida.
Advertised for tonight:
  • Roderick Strong (c) vs. Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic for the North American championship
  • Rhea Ripley vs. Bianca Belair
  • How is Finn Bálor’s past his future?
  • How can Pete Dunne deal with both Damien Priest and Killian Dain?
As per usual, here are our five questions about NXT tonight:
1) Is this the strongest the NXT women’s division has been?
Maybe but the argument can certainly be made.
Look, I’m going to be honest. I just want to talk about how good the NXT women’s division is looking but didn’t want to deviate from my five questions format.
Last week, they used their two hour format to open up the women’s division, and it was excellent. We’ve got Rhea Ripley and Bianca Belair, two young, powerful, bluechip wrestlers locking up tonight. Whether it goes on last or not (and it probably won’t over the title match), this is my main event tonight. Rhea also has issues with Io Shirai, setting up another match, this one with a big contrast of styles. All of this because everyone wants to face Shayna Baszler for her women’s championship.
Meanwhile, the returning Tegan Nox, who looked great last week, and her good pal Dakota Kai also have issues with Baszler. That’s one champion and five potential challengers, all of them exciting.
If someone wants to argue the horsewomen (NXT, not MMA) era of the promotion is the best women’s wrestling has been in NXT, that’s totally fair. I may even agree with you after thinking about it long and hard. But their division is looking very deep and very talented right now. It’s a good time to enjoy your women’s wrestling on NXT.

2) So who’s next to face Baszler?
With five women jockeying for position, who gets that shot at WarGames, which will like be Shayna’s next big title match.
Rhea Ripley has to be the favorite. She’ll have to go through past challengers Bianca Belair and Io Shirai to do so, but what about Tegan Nox?
Tegan’s return was great last week. Her future is as bright as anyone else’s. But having just returned, they probably don’t want to rush her into a featured TakeOver title match just yet. If I had to guess, she gets a televised match where she goes the distance but comes up short. And then Baszler goes and loses to Rhea Ripley Survivor Series weekend.
Rhea will have to win tonight first though. Because the loser of that match is at the back of the line.
3) Will the North American title match end with an angle meant for last week?
For a little bit of time, the match last week between Dominik Dijakovic and Keith Lee was advertised as the main event. But then due to an injury to Velveteen (a kayfabe one that may be covering for a real one), they shifted it to the middle of the show and then had Roddy Strong interrupt it to set up the triple threat title match for this week.
Last week, we wondered here if that match would end with angle, such as a heel turn for Lee. Will we see that plan realized tonight after the title match? Likely, Roddy retains the gold. This was a last minute match and if Dream really is hurt, the plan was never for Lee or Dijakovic to win the title.
I’ve been calling Lee snapping after a loss and turning heel, though they haven’t been focusing on his buddy Jordan Myles, who would be the victim in said heel turn so probably not tonight for that. But whatever they do, hopefully both losers of this match have a clear path moving forward.
4) So Pete Dunne is feuding with two guys now?
After last week, I figured Pete Dunne was done with Damien Priest. The newcomer got a big win over an established player in a way that still protected Dunne (a low blow). It felt like the type of thing that Priest would move on from, perhaps eventually working his way into the North American title scene, while Pete would feud for a longer time with Killian Dain.
After snapping the Beast of Belfast’s fingers when they were crossing paths last week, there’s no doubt this is the next big program for both men. Part of me wishes NXT’s preview didn’t even bother to mention it so we can wonder when Dain would pop up for his revenge, but it’s not spoiling anything. We all can guess that’s where this is going.
With the North American scene a bit busy right now, they may want to keep Priest in this feud, but the longer he’s mixing it up with Dunne and Dain, the more they risk loosing the rub of last week’s win.
5) Was there another way to interpret what Finn said?
When Finn said “Next week, my future will be my past,” I just figured he was talking about how he used to be in NXT and now he is once more, aiming to be champion again,.
Is there deeper meaning than that? What else could it mean? I guess we’ll find out.
We’ll see if we get any answers to these questions when NXT returns tonight at 8 PM on USA network.

I think Okada, Naito, Tanahashi, KO, DBry, and several other people that are considered "top guys" could have better matches with Janela than Kenny..I don't see Kenny as a ring general at all..I see him as a guy that needs a better wrestler, not spot monkey, across from him in order to get those excellent matches out of him..If he doesn't have that other person then he's just a regular dude that can do flippy stuff..Kenny is NOT Elite, E-E-Elite..
KO :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom