January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the sexiest male wrassler of the decade?
:evil: :evil:

1575232552364.gif

Satomura v Shirai
Gargano v Almas
Revival v DIY
Bryan v Cena
Nakamura v Ibushi
Elgin v Naito
Omega v Okada
Miyahara v Zeus
Miyahara v Nomura
Tanahashi v Suzuki
Reigns v Brock v Rollins

There was so much wrestling that I really loved this decade so it is hard to make a small or precise list

where is Brock vs Roman WM 31 :frown:

I got DBry as the WOTD..Barely edging out Okada in 2nd place, and Allen Jonez in 3rd..

Although Daniel did have a chunk of time away I don't hold it against him..His "Yes" run was one of the biggest babyface runs of all time..The YES chant had an impact away from wrestling/WWE (every sporting arena/stadium had fans doing it)..His win at Mania was easily one of the Top 10 greatest Mania Moments of all time..His recent heel run was excellent..And nobody could've had a better angle, better match, and made Kofi look like a million bucks like DBry..

Okada could've been the top guy but him and Tanahashi kinda cancel each other out in terms of wrestler of the decade..Tanahashi is definitely the better wrestler for the first half of the decade..Okada was even better than that the 2nd half of the decade (having won a couple world titles and breaking records..Plus he made Basic Omega look like the self-titled "Best Bout Machine")..So since those guys have had all-time great halves of decade I can't hold it against DBry for taking some medically forced time off..

AJ was hard not put in the #1 spot..He had a classic RR debut and RR match..He held the IWGP and WWE world titles..Leader of the Bullet Club..And has been the workhorse for WWE since his debut..But his last run with the WHC wasn't the most exciting (although still very good)..And he spent the better part of the decade in TNA (and wasn't always the time guy during that time)..So even though he's in my Top 5 Best Matches of the Decade (WK vs. Nakamura) his TNA time is, to me, kind of a negative..

Matches of the Decade:
Nakamura/Ibushi
Nakamura/AJ
Nakamura/Samy
Punk/Cena
Okada/Tanahashi
Okada/Kenny (first match of the series)
Dbry/HHH/RKKKO
Revival/DIY
RR 2018
Young Bucks/Hardy Boyz Ladder Match

They ship to Cali or what? :nerd:
Yep they ship.

Dbry/HHH/RKKKO

When was this match?

How long was DBry out for? 1-2 years? How can you ignore that? :lol:

Never mind that fact that DBry wasn’t really doing much till 2013-2014 same with AJ. But, AJ was at least headlining TNA (fwiw) in that timeframe while DBry wasn’t doing the same in the E.

When was this match?

Never mind that fact that DBry wasn’t really doing much till 2013-2014 same with AJ. But, AJ was at least headlining TNA (fwiw) in that timeframe while DBry wasn’t doing the same in the E.

My mistake on that..I meant DBry/Batista/RKKO

I literally explained how I can ignore Bryan being out..If I consider that AJ was wasting away in TNA and Okada wasn't "Okada" until the 2nd half of the decade then DBry being out for 2 yrs isn't hurting him in my rankings..

When was this match?

1575236838281.gif

Bryan had a great 2012

2010 was his debut year and he had to deal with NXT back when it was nothing but carnival games. Still did some good stuff with Summerslam come back against Nexus and his US title run.

The only year that was a bit of a waste was 2011 and he won MITB and the world heavyweight title that year.

My mistake on that..I meant DBry/Batista/RKKO

I literally explained how I can ignore Bryan being out..If I consider that AJ was wasting away in TNA and Okada wasn't "Okada" until the 2nd half of the decade then DBry being out for 2 yrs isn't hurting him in my rankings..

DBry was jobbing with Kane early on in the decade too. At least, AJ had some solid matches against Kurt Angle and Christopher Daniels during that timeframe. TNA was such a** at that point though, he really was wasting away looking at his matches on ProFightDB :smh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom