January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo NT lames, its Friday. Lets get this party cracking

giphy.gif

WWE SmackDown preview (Dec. 6, 2019): A new look

Daniel Bryan
WWE
WWE SmackDown returns tonight (Dec. 6) from the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, North Carolina. They are working towards the TLC pay-per-view, which is just a little over a week away. Seriously, it’s close.
The Headliner
The image we saw when SmackDown went off the air last week was the Universal Champion Fiend Bray Wyatt dragging Daniel Bryan through the ring and ripping his hair out. We don’t know where the hair was supposed to come from - beard or head - but it was a lot.
This undoubtedly means when we see Daniel Bryan next, he’ll be supporting a new look. And it’s not something I’m looking forward to.
First, let’s go over a couple options:
Bryan could have lost enough hair from both his beard and head that it force him to go with an old look.
Heavyweight_Champion_Daniel_Bryan-2012-4.1419967180.jpg

This picture is from almost a decade ago, and he still has some of a beard at least. It’s the clean shaven Bryan from the original NXT that is most jarring. But given the amount of hair he had last week, this look would be a shocker just given the contrast.
Then there’s the chance that he doesn’t lose that much and looks more like GM Daniel Bryan with a respectable short haircut and trimmed beard.
Daniel-Bryan-SDGM.jpg
WWE.com
Though I don’t see the respectable GM look fitting the situation.
Or maybe he’s full long hair with no beard. Or completely bald with a long beard. Either way, it’s going to be very different.
I think the big take away is every look is associated with a different side of Daniel Bryan. That first Bryan with the short hair and short beard was a cocky jerk. But at the same time the fans started to like him, he hair seemed to get longer and longer, culminating in the Yes Movement.

Maybe he’s a modern Samson and his power is tied to the length of his locks. But it’s more likely every look comes with a different personality. And that’s what makes the end of last week devastating.
Daniel Bryan stood in the ring and promised the return of the Yes Movement, an era of his life that is associated with a certain look. A look he was currently sporting. But when Bray Wyatt dragged him under the ring and violently sheared him, it pretty much guaranteed we’re not getting that.
Because as we established, with a new look comes a new Daniel Bryan. (Not to be confused with The New Daniel Bryan, who’s look still had the long hair but he dressed like a hippie slob.) So even though the fans were very excited for the Yes Movement, it’s not happening.
That’s why The Fiend’s actions last week were so bad. Not because it could be weird to see Bryan without a beard, but because that means the Yes Movement we remember isn’t coming back right now.
What Daniel Bryan will we see and what personality will be associated with it? We’ll have to find out tonight. But knowing him, it’ll surely be well thought out and very entertaining.
The Championship Scene
It looks like Bayley may be feuding with... checks notes... a babyface Lacey Evans? That can’t be right. I realize there aren’t a litany of challengers for the SmackDown Women’s championship, especially if they want to make sure Alexa Bliss is good to go before jumping into that program. But while I think Lacey is a pretty dang good heel, that schtick does not work when playing a hero. I still think they should have gone with Carmella for a quick program given their friendship.
Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro were unsuccessful in claiming the SmackDown tag team championships from the New Day. Does Sami Zayn finagle them another opportunity? Or does Nakamura actually find someone to defend his new look Intercontinental championship against? I say if Shin and Cesaro get to play tag team, then Big E should get to work singles and challenge the King of Strong Style for his strap.
Like we said last week, I wouldn’t expect to see the Woman’s tag team champions on SmackDown any time soon. They’re embroiled in a program with Charlotte and likely Becky Lynch on Raw.
Other things to keep an eye on:
- Baron Corbin promises to humiliate Roman Reigns this week This is coming off last week when Roman sent Bobby Roode out on a stretcher after Roode tried to bash Reigns’ head in with a scepter. Maybe Dolph Ziggler makes the same ride this week given he’s facing The Big Dog this week. What we know for sure is Corbin will open the show with a long promo. Death, taxes, and a long Corbin promo opening SmackDown.
- Alexa Bliss is back! And first order of business is likely teaming with her friend Nikki Cross to deal with Fire and Desire.
- Both Elias and Sheamus are coming back to TV on Friday nights.
- Don’t forget you can buy a Fiend championship belt for over $6,000! It has nothing to do with tonight’s show, but it’s so insane that I had to remind you of it.
After being attacked with a scepter last week, will Roman shove Corbin’s crown where the sun don’t shine? Find out that, what Daniel Bryan looks like, and everything else SmackDown related tonight at 8 PM ET on Fox.

I didn't watch all of last week's A&W, so I was confused when I saw that vignette for The Butcher and The Barber on this week's episode, I had to go on youstube and see what I missed. Their debut was so bad man :lol:

A&W can't just expect the general public to know who these random *** dudes are. Excaliber is talking about them like they should be household names, meanwhile JR is dumbfounded.

IT was basically the same thing they did with The Dark Order :sick:

Don't watch TNA, so I don't know who that Allie girl is. She looks good in the bunny attire though.

I thought The Butcher was that Silas guy from Rings of Honor at first :lol:

She’s in aew, not tna. Speaking of tna, I watched it a few weeks back and it is garbage. They must use a cheap ring because every time someone runs you can hear all the floorboards under the mat move.

She’s in aew, not tna. Speaking of tna, I watched it a few weeks back and it is garbage. They must use a cheap ring because every time someone runs you can hear all the floorboards under the mat move.
Yeah I know she's the bunny girl. Was she not previously in TNA?

Is IT wrong to think that the Dark Order and Butcher and Barber vignettes probably should have been done PRIOR to them actually debuting on tv?

They did IT with that Waldo guy that is with MJF. Made his debut more impactful, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom