January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you explain? Seeing as there will be more episodes on STW than 83W.
I care more about WCW's history/stories than I do WWE/F's history/stories. They are cool to listen to, but I already listen to so many podcasts that I don't feel like entertaining multiple long-winded podcasts. So easy choice WCW > WWE

He probably meant rude bear
strowman-success.jpg

I care more about WCW's history/stories than I do WWE/F's history/stories. They are cool to listen to, but I already listen to so many podcasts that I don't feel like entertaining multiple long-winded podcasts. So easy choice WCW > WWE

Ok.

When does WCW go back to? 1988? It was N.W.A. before that?
If so, WCW history doesn't go back very far or cover much ground...a little over 10 years,
compared to the WWWF/WWF/WWE.

If one were to conflate WCW & N.W.A. history, that would be a different story.

If so, WCW history doesn't go back very far or cover much ground...a little over 10 years.

Jim Crockett and Mid-Atlantic were also WCW root too.

If so, WCW history doesn't go back very far or cover much ground...a little over 10 years.

There are Two Shows.

One with Tony.
One with Bischoff.

Sure, WCW's history doesn't date back as far as WWF but There are dozens of topics/ppvs to cover. Having enough material to cover isn't an issue.

Sure, WCW's history doesn't date back as far as WWF but There are dozens of topics/ppvs to cover. Having enough material to cover isn't an issue.

Ya, I just don't know why you'd confine yourself to such a short period of wrestling history when N.W.A. & WWF (and AWA) can
take you back further. Maybe you'd know your history better if you didn't do that.

Ya, I just don't know why you'd confine yourself to such a short period of wrestling history when N.W.A. & WWF (and AWA) can
take you back further. Maybe you'd know your history better if you didn't do that.
Thanks for dropping knowledge.

Last edited:
Sullivan speaks on the history on his podcast on MLW. I get it from there.

I listen to Japanese wrestling podcasts that date further back.

This conversation was simply about STWW vs. 83 Weeks; not sure what you are speaking of is even relevant to be honest.

Peep Game Peep Game

How did Lance Archer and Trent Baretta do in the WWE system?

Baretta was great on all those Superstars matches wrestling Kidd/Hunico/Usos/Slater/Gabriel. Archer was just a slightly more appealing Jackson Andrews. Him and Hawkins were somewhat building something in the lower card, but they killed it and split them before anything really notable happened.

Also remember Bischoff was in AWA so he occasionally dips into AWA talk as well, but as I said, I cared about WCW more than any other promotion, so that is where my time will be spend on these Conrad Podcasts.

Also remember Bischoff was in AWA so he occasionally dips into AWA talk as well, but as I said, I cared about WCW more than any other promotion, so that is where my time will be spend on these Conrad Podcasts.

Did you watch WCW to the very end, or stopped when it got ridiculous?

Nah, my name isn't Peep Game Peep Game

I stopped watching WCW around 1999/2000. Somewhere in between then.

Basically, when they changed the logo, I was halfway out.

Same here. I came back and watched the last few episodes of Nitro that ever aired, but that was it. Looking back on what could have been, I wish Bischoff would have bought WCW and been able to do with reboot with the Big Bang.

Same here. I came back and watched the last few episodes of Nitro that ever aired, but that was it. Looking back on what could have been, I wish Bischoff would have bought WCW and been able to do with reboot with the Big Bang.
I think for me, once they unmasked Rey, I started to sour on them.

Malenko/Benoit/Saturn/Guerrero leaving didn't help.

I just felt that they left so much promise on the table but towards the end I heard it was pure trash.

Listening to John/Wai's podcasts about those days is comical. I am sure the #LowestIQ person in this thread could have ran the promotion better.

Just said all of that history is just gone man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom