Japan NT'ers/Nt'ers That Frequent Japan. Check In. Questions For Ya'll.

Let me add about the flight. I'm from Virginia and flew to Dallas/Fort Worth (great airport). It took roughly 13 hours to fly into Narita airport. They gave 3 meals during that flight and I didn't get up once if you know what I mean. But I kept eating. It's too hard for me to sleep on those flights so luckily I had a tv in the seat headrest in front of me. It's long but it's a smooth flight.

going to tokyo and flying into haneda airport is :nthat:
no need for that long ride from narita into tokyo :x

if anyone wants to see the less metropolitan side of japan, kyoto is relatively easy to navigate even if you don't speak japanese. there is a great museum (the miho)
View media item 219026
and the area around arashiyama is really nice too
View media item 219028

I would love to visit one day. Eat some Ramen, go to a sneaker shop, and chill out with my man Bivvel :lol:

Last edited:
I'm going there for a week on Spring Break. Study abroad. What can I expect? Anything I should specifically prepare for?

Last edited:
Unfortunately my plans fell through and my trip got delayed to next year. :smh:

-Drew

Japan is for the birds. I was deployed out there for 6 months. Everything off base was very expensive. I hated every minute I was out there. I did get a new found appreciation for asian girls though. There are some Japanese girls over there that are bad, if you can get around their jacked up teeth.

my bad my dude havent checked this for awhile.

you can find size 12s, in fact what i often found was most of the stores found it hard to get rid of them. my friends and i established some great relationships with store owners and the ppl working at places like undftd and supreme bc they knew we would come by eventually and cop the bigger sizes (not me specifically bc i wear a 10 lol) but rest assured you will be able to find your size. let me know when you'll be there i may be venturing over sometime this summer and if not i can certainly help you out with some locations or even some ppl that can help you while you are there. Japan is a beautiful place and im certain you'll find that the beauty in it lies in discovering it for yourself, during high school every weekend my boy and i would take the time to just explore random areas of the city and ask ppl at sneaker stores for different places they had heard about or been to, by doing so we ended up finding some of the most impressive stores and collections, for example i randomly ended up being friends with this older japanese man who just loved the nba and sneakers, he had a wild collection and traveled to the US once a year for the allstar game his store was in a market in a place where you would typically go to buy fresh food and toys and randomly BAM! a rack of exclusives and a bunch of grails lol only in japan...again, i am more than happy to help you out w anything i can so ask away
Hi b - I'm going to Tokyo next month and I wanted to check out that store.  Do you remember where it is and the name of the store?  I've been to atmos and have found this little underground place with a non-descript store that was in a Harajuku basement 3 years ago.  They had all the SB grails and some J's.  Which market or area was this place at?  Would appreciate any help b.

Thinking about going to Japan this year.

Are the sneaker prices as bad as everyone says? I mean, the dollar is stronger than the Yen. I have to believe it's not as bad as it is in Europe.

I just came back from Europe--Sneakers and clothes in general are more expensive out there.

me and my girl are saving up just to visit and experience japan. place looks beautiful from all the photos ive seen and def would love to try some legit *** food.

all i need right now is the VISA and some cash :lol:

I went in '08 & '11, and it's always an amazing time. I HIGHLY recommend checking out Osaka when you're there. Food is amazing, people are really warm, and the girls there are 
pimp.gif
. All that okonomiyaki is paying off for a lot of them. 

Here are some pics from my trip in '11:

Shibuya Crossing, Shibuya

Kicks Lab, Harajuku. I walked in there and they were playing Mobb Deep with one of the FINEST Japanese girls I've ever seen behind the counter. Coulda died in there.

In general, Japan (to me at least) is a breeze when it comes to getting around. There's a lot of handholding with the subway system, and if anything, the people there will definitely help you out if you have a question. In terms of how they treat foreigners, I'm Filipino-American and everybody was nice to me. Anecdotal, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. 

Man I'm getting so many feels going through my albums right now. Just might book a ticket. 

Last edited:
Going in a week for 2 weeks.

So far only plan to spend one day in Osaka, maybe I need more after the reading that post above. repped.

I need to find some stores that have NIKE SB. I want that tiff high dunk as I will miss it here when it drops, :frown:.

Going in a week for 2 weeks.

So far only plan to spend one day in Osaka, maybe I need more after the reading that post above. repped.

I need to find some stores that have NIKE SB. I want that tiff high dunk as I will miss it here when it drops,
frown.gif
There's a Supreme in Osaka; possible that they have an SB account like the US counterparts. If that's a fail, there's a couple of sneaker shops a block away from there. Nike Osaka is around there as well; definitely worth checking out. 

There's a Supreme in Osaka; possible that they have an SB account like the US counterparts. If that's a fail, there's a couple of sneaker shops a block away from there. Nike Osaka is around there as well; definitely worth checking out. 

neighborhood is around the corner and i think bounty hunter is too. skit is right by supreme too and is an awesome consignment store. my favorite spot in osaka was the aquarium.

thx
and Tokyo? (other than Supreme)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom