Jay Electronica Says NY Ni***s Jacked South's Slang

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

people really think vado is nice?
laugh.gif
people really think your nice?
laugh.gif
its you're... and hop off... u look childish

So somebody decided to lump all the recent %*#$ Jay said in to one thing like it all happened recently?

laugh.gif
@ Almost fighting Rza.

people really think vado is nice?
laugh.gif
people really think your nice?
laugh.gif
its you're... and hop off... u look childish
Nah how about you hop off hating on rappers that actually have some sort of buzz. When u go around calling dudes wack and critiquing every rapper it just makes you come off as a hater. Your a rapper so if you call someone wack that would mean you feel your better than him am i right ? I hope you have a back-up plan

well before i started rapping i was a lover of music... i dont really care what u think... i know im not a hater... imma critique music cuz its what i love... yall need to stop actin like broads gettin sensitive because somebody says somethin u dont like about ur favorite rapper...

so ur basically tellin me i could say all the *%#% i wanted if i didnt rap? thats stupid... im not a sheep and im not gone hold my tongue... and hell yes i feel im better than vado... but where did i call him wack? he's just not nice... he wont do a thing in mainstream and his violence and drugs only persona is corny... thats how i feel...

i make music... music that u probably dont wanna hear cuz its not filled with punchlines... im fine with that... just dont be on some blind hating *%#% cuz i "dissed" a rapper that u like... i KNOW u havent listened to my music to judge it so who really looks like the hater?

well before i started rapping i was a lover of music... i dont really care what u think... i know im not a hater... imma critique music cuz its what i love... yall need to stop actin like broads gettin sensitive because somebody says somethin u dont like about ur favorite rapper...

so ur basically tellin me i could say all the *%#% i wanted if i didnt rap? thats stupid... im not a sheep and im not gone hold my tongue... and hell yes i feel im better than vado... but where did i call him wack? he's just not nice... he wont do a thing in mainstream and his violence and drugs only persona is corny... thats how i feel...

i make music... music that u probably dont wanna hear cuz its not filled with punchlines... im fine with that... just dont be on some blind hating *%#% cuz i "dissed" a rapper that u like... i KNOW u havent listened to my music to judge it so who really looks like the hater?
what makes you think i haven't listened to your music ? so a rapper isn't nice because he won't do anything mainstream ? So if a dude told u u ain't $#@! cause u can't make a ringtone you gonna be like "aight i agree" ? listen im just trying to understand you dude cause u make alot of generalizations in your post. YOU HAVE NO IDEA of who my favorite rappers are and what i look for in music

what makes you think i haven't listened to your music ? so a rapper isn't nice because he won't do anything mainstream ? So if a dude told u u ain't $#@! cause u can't make a ringtone you gonna be like "aight i agree" ? listen im just trying to understand you dude cause u make alot of generalizations in your post. YOU HAVE NO IDEA of who my favorite rappers are and what i look for in music
i doubt you listened to my music but if u did its probably because of somethin i said that u didnt like... if thats the case i dont expect u to have an unbiased opinion... but thats not really a big deal to me... i know everyone isnt gonna like my music... i dont see why yall cant understand that about ur favorite rappers...

and no about the mainstream +@*+...  thats not why i dont think he's nice... he's just not that good of a rapper... that street +@*+ is ehhh to me if u not super lyrical... i just feel like the most complete rappers end up in mainstream... underground cats usually suck at hooks and just song making in general... i wasnt talkin bout u i was talkin bout nt in general wit that defending rappers +@*+... 97% of nt be on that +@*+... its cool to discuss but when u cant think of anything else to say so u type some +@*+ like "but u sell $10 beats" or "you're music sucks" just proves that im right...

and yea i do generalize alot because nt is full of sheep... hell the world is full of sheep... theres exceptions but for the most part its the same +@*+... cats say "funny" +@*+ instead of +@*+ that has somethin to do with the topic at hand and way for it to get quoted by the other sheep who will add
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
respectively...

i doubt you listened to my music but if u did its probably because of somethin i said that u didnt like... if thats the case i dont expect u to have an unbiased opinion... but thats not really a big deal to me... i know everyone isnt gonna like my music... i dont see why yall cant understand that about ur favorite rappers...

and no about the mainstream +@*+...  thats not why i dont think he's nice... he's just not that good of a rapper... that street +@*+ is ehhh to me if u not super lyrical... i just feel like the most complete rappers end up in mainstream... underground cats usually suck at hooks and just song making in general... i wasnt talkin bout u i was talkin bout nt in general wit that defending rappers +@*+... 97% of nt be on that +@*+... its cool to discuss but when u cant think of anything else to say so u type some +@*+ like "but u sell $10 beats" or "you're music sucks" just proves that im right...

and yea i do generalize alot because nt is full of sheep... hell the world is full of sheep... theres exceptions but for the most part its the same +@*+... cats say "funny" +@*+ instead of +@*+ that has somethin to do with the topic at hand and way for it to get quoted by the other sheep who will add
laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
respectively...
How can a N hate on you for selling beats for $10 ? you hustlin imo if i could make beats i would do the same %$#* in my case i rather listen to vado or that bricksquad, drake, and all that other %$@ anyday but that's just me. The majority music i listen to is that old 90's grimey type %$@#. I mean yo i can't blame you for liking what you like i just feel like too many N's out here wanna be Lupe, Kanye or Cudi because their style is whats popular right now. I mean how could dudes be "different" when "different" is now the norm ? conscious rap is what's hot right now but dudes wanna act like common and talib ain't been doin this for years

laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
respectively...
How can a N hate on you for selling beats for $10 ? you hustlin imo if i could make beats i would do the same %$#* in my case i rather listen to vado or that bricksquad, drake, and all that other %$@ anyday but that's just me. The majority music i listen to is that old 90's grimey type %$@#. I mean yo i can't blame you for liking what you like i just feel like too many N's out here wanna be Lupe, Kanye or Cudi because their style is whats popular right now. I mean how could dudes be "different" when "different" is now the norm ? conscious rap is what's hot right now but dudes wanna act like common and talib ain't been doin this for years
yea i can respect that... imo i dont think kanye, lupe and cudi go in the same boat as common and talib... lupe has that flow that just catches ur ears and his hooks are pretty dope... same wit kanye and cudi... common and talib come off more as the "teacher" type... lupe, kanye, and cudi are more on that "%*#! yall imma do me no matter what" type stuff... i %*#! wit some bricksquad but i cant really get into vado... maybe he need to get on some trap beats
laugh.gif

to each his own but respect for not being one of the nt sheep...
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
or
roll.gif
respectively...
yea i can respect that... imo i dont think kanye, lupe and cudi go in the same boat as common and talib... lupe has that flow that just catches ur ears and his hooks are pretty dope... same wit kanye and cudi... common and talib come off more as the "teacher" type... lupe, kanye, and cudi are more on that "%*#! yall imma do me no matter what" type stuff... i %*#! wit some bricksquad but i cant really get into vado... maybe he need to get on some trap beats
laugh.gif

to each his own but respect for not being one of the nt sheep...
pimp.gif
word up it's good to know u like what you like instead of "what's hot in the street" and your breakdown of lupe, kanye, cudi vs talib and common does make alot of sense
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Shouts to J. Cole.

j.cole weighed in on this topic?

Nah but if you think about it...both of them dudes have similar Hip-Hop stories.

Both left the South and came to New York searching for opportunities in the genre. Both found it with the help and support of NY'ers.

Check how respectful, composed and bout his business J. Cole is...peep how reckless, disrespectful and slow to put out work Electronica is.

Seen this dude on Ustream acting like a drunk d-bag at a frat party, since then I started looking at him in a different light. For all the conscious talk he spewing, its obvious he ain't master his high yet. He meditating in his videos but so quick to spit out heated darts, rooted in his own core issues, that his words tripping over each other. His actions been far from right and exact...wise and civilized. For all the love we been showing him in all forms and facets, he been doing us and the game dirty with all this BS he constantly stirring up. This stuff been past dead. Let's hypothetically say that NY did borrow some slang terms from the South 10 years ago, how much stuff have people borrowed from the Town? Everything we do is co-opted into the larger Hip-Hop community, thats not no chest poking out...just look at the whole Harlem swag movement and how dudes took it as theirs as a recent example.

Ok we borrowed some slang (still don't know what slang he talking bout)...he aired out his feelings artistically..cool. Now he getting super aggressive in interviews acting like he in our midst ho'in us? Come on sun...the city welcomed you with open arms....now you overseas talking like you kicked in our doors, pillaged our local culture and roaring like a victorious lion (literally).

Real, real, corny s_.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It was all good 48 hours ago.
laugh.gif
Jay got dudes in the East mad and he really didn't say *!+ but give compliments to the region.
laugh.gif

Can someone explain to me how he disrespected the East coast? Anybody? Kay Slay couldn't do it.

laugh.gif
the slang part was silly
jay does say some reckless stuff but i see what he was saying about rza's comments about the south being country, slow and unintelligent.

pimp.gif
his line about the south teaching you how to build a label from scratch while youre whining about the points in your contract

Jay Elec is a clown. Dude used to be embarrassed about being from the south, now he's crying about NY dudes hating on the south. Son is real corny.

I agree with Haze's comments 100% about Jay Electronica although I do like some of his music and think he is talented. However I still want to know what exact slang NY dudes were jackin!

I got a little mad when he said 8ball & MJG and Devin The Dude like they were some lyrical beasts...really don't agree with that part

Originally Posted by Uptown Hadji

Jay Electronica not Jae Millz

Originally Posted by Uptown Hadji

Jay Electronica & Dj Kay Slay Sound Off On N.Y. Vs South: Jay Says NY Ni***s Jacked South's Slang "Alot Of NY Sh*t Been Wack" & Jae Millz Co-Signs + On Almost Fighting RZA + Drops South Rappers Name That Will Burn Any NY Rapper + Kay Slay Responds

Shouts to J. Cole.

j.cole weighed in on this topic?

Nah but if you think about it...both of them dudes have similar Hip-Hop stories.

Both left the South and came to New York searching for opportunities in the genre. Both found it with the help and support of NY'ers.

Check how respectful, composed and bout his business J. Cole is...peep how reckless, disrespectful and slow to put out work Electronica is.

Seen this dude on Ustream acting like a drunk d-bag at a frat party, since then I started looking at him in a different light. For all the conscious talk he spewing, its obvious he ain't master his high yet. He meditating in his videos but so quick to spit out heated darts, rooted in his own core issues, that his words tripping over each other. His actions been far from right and exact...wise and civilized. For all the love we been showing him in all forms and facets, he been doing us and the game dirty with all this BS he constantly stirring up. This stuff been past dead. Let's hypothetically say that NY did borrow some slang terms from the South 10 years ago, how much stuff have people borrowed from the Town? Everything we do is co-opted into the larger Hip-Hop community, thats not no chest poking out...just look at the whole Harlem swag movement and how dudes took it as theirs as a recent example.

Ok we borrowed some slang (still don't know what slang he talking bout)...he aired out his feelings artistically..cool. Now he getting super aggressive in interviews acting like he in our midst ho'in us? Come on sun...the city welcomed you with open arms....now you overseas talking like you kicked in our doors, pillaged our local culture and roaring like a victorious lion (literally).

Real, real, corny s_.

Well put.

Jay Electronica still has one of the greatest hip hop songs of the last decade, though.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Well put.

Jay Electronica still has one of the greatest hip hop songs of the last decade, though.
word
but anything sounding like last decade Nas would be the best song in this decade

Back
Top Bottom