JAY Z Causes Controversy By Wearing Anti-White 5% Medallion

I was looking at some "greatest Hip-Hop albums of all time" lists and 9 times out of 10 Illmatic is in the number 1 spot.

Weird.

Only for nostalgia reasons, some people are afraid to move on with time. You know those people who feel like Lebron couldn't play in the 90's or those people who feel that premier is still a top 5 producer :lol:

I was looking at some "greatest Hip-Hop albums of all time" lists and 9 times out of 10 Illmatic is in the number 1 spot.

Weird.
Only for nostalgia reasons, some people are afraid to move on with time. You know those people who feel like Lebron couldn't play in the 90's or those people who feel that premier is still a top 5 producer
laugh.gif
Not that I'm disagreeing with you but name 5 producers better than Premo.

Kanye
Pharrell
Timbo
Dr dre
Just blaze

All have more hits and beats are better, unless you wanna here boom bap all day
There are very few producers who you can successfully argue are better than Premier.

He is considered the greatest by most, not just because of his ability, but also because of his legacy.

If he's not at #1 then he at least belongs in the top 3 of every "Greatest Producer" list.

That is a non-debatable fact and the only way anyone would take that list seriously.

Out of the small amount of producers you could legitimately place ahead of him, the only one you picked was Dre.

Kanye - Nope. Sure someone out there could argue it. People can argue anything, but even if Kanye was ahead of him (he's not), Premier would be #2 on that list.

Pharrell - If we're talking songs crediting Pharrell alone, then it's not even close. If we're talking The Neptunes, then you have a better chance, but still, no.

Timbo - Nope. He's definitely good but there are too many people who can be considered better than him.

Dre - Wouldn't be my first choice but sure. I personally don't think he's better but one could say that he is and I wouldn't eem be mad.

Just Blaze - DJ Premier > Heatmakerz > Just Blaze. Come at me.

And Lebron could play in the 90's and still be a star but he just wouldn't be as dominant as he is today. That's all.

Weird.

Only for nostalgia reasons, some people are afraid to move on with time. You know those people who feel like Lebron couldn't play in the 90's or those people who feel that premier is still a top 5 producer
laugh.gif

Who?
If you don't know who we're talking about then you don't belong in any discussion about hiphop.

There are very few producers who you can successfully argue are better than Premier.
He is considered the greatest by most, not just because of his ability, but also because of his legacy.
If he's not at #1 then he at least belongs in the top 3 of every "Greatest Producer" list.
That is a non-debatable fact and the only way anyone would take that list seriously.
Out of the small amount of producers you could legitimately place ahead of him, the only one you picked was Dre.

Kanye - Nope. Sure someone out there could argue it. People can argue anything, but even if Kanye was ahead of him (he's not), Premier would be #2 on that list.
Pharrell - If we're talking songs crediting Pharrell alone, then it's not even close. If we're talking The Neptunes, then you have a better chance, but still, no.
Timbo - Nope. He's definitely good but there are too many people who can be considered better than him.
Dre - Wouldn't be my first choice but sure. I personally don't think he's better but one could say that he is and I wouldn't eem be mad.
Just Blaze - DJ Premier > Heatmakerz > Just Blaze. Come at me

So premier is better than kanye, Pharrell and timbo? Perfect example about living in the past :lol: not only do they have more hits but they all have had a longer lifespan and more versatility

Right? :lol:

Like...The reason they say Illmatic isn't great is because it came out in the 90's.

Let that sink in.

But, like I said, they're still kids so it's whatever.

Me and what more can I say have both admitted illmatic was a great album, you guys are altering the disagreement about this whole thing which is nas is irrelevant right now

Me and what more can I say have both admitted illmatic was a great album, you guys are altering the disagreement about this whole thing which is nas is irrelevant right now

That doesn't take away from the fact that he's a better rapper than Jay and that his first album ***** on Jay's entire catalogue

Naw...I just stated that I saw a pattern on those lists and y'all couldn't get in here fast enough to start hurling excuses.

If your opinions were purely factual, you wouldn't need any excuses whatsoever.

That doesn't take away from the fact that he's a better rapper than Jay and that his first album ***** on Jay's entire catalogue

Naw...I just stated that I saw a pattern on those lists and y'all couldn't get in here fast enough to start hurling excuses.

If your opinions were purely factual, you wouldn't need any excuses whatsoever.

Here's a fact, jayz is a the bigger rapper and way more relevant than bad right now

True.

But what does that have to do with a Nas album that came out 20 years ago? How is their current status relevant to the quality of their music from the 90's?

You're all over the place.

So premier is better than kanye, Pharrell and timbo? Perfect example about living in the past :lol: not only do they have more hits but they all have had a longer lifespan and more versatility
primo has been around since the late 80's and STILL drops dope music to this day. so your whole 'longer lifespan" argument goes right out the window.
you deserve to get your shoulders clapped for disrespecting a legend like premier
View media item 866491
this dude has the nerve to name just blaze in the same breath as primo :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

notice how all the guys he mentioned have extensive work with jay z :rofl:
the stannery is outstanding

YOU SOUND LIKE U HAVE SOME SORT OF CONNECTION WITH EACH PRODUCER

PPL DESERVE TO GET SHOULDERS CLAPPED BC THEY DONT LIKE UR FAV PRODUCER.

STOP IT B

FOR THE RECORD KOBE BRYANT IS NOT EVEN TOP 5 GREAT IN THE NBA.

STOP IT B

quote me if you're talking to me papi

primo isn't even my favorite producer, but that doesn't mean that all of the credit he gets isn't deserved. he's one of the greatest producers of all time, there is no disputing that.
he is STILL top 5 now, just like dre and rza are because nobody has yet to match their body of work.

bring up some random bball player to the discussion because you have nothing to add
stop it slime

STOP IT B

primo isn't even my favorite producer, but that doesn't mean that all of the credit he gets isn't deserved. he's one of the greatest producers of all time, there is no disputing that.
he is STILL top 5 now, just like dre and rza are because nobody has yet to match their body of work.

bring up some random bball player to the discussion because you have nothing to add
stop it slime
IM CLEARLY TALKING TO YOU

U TALKING BOUT PPL GET DESERVED TO GET SHOULDERS CLAPPED BC THEY DONT LIKE A PRODUCER

SLIME?

YEA U HAVE BAD TASTE IN MUSIC

U TALKING BOUT PPL GET DESERVED TO GET SHOULDERS CLAPPED BC THEY DONT LIKE A PRODUCER
...because I was clearly being serious with that comment :rofl:

stop it 5

you mad papi?
i don't even listen to killa cam like that at all either :lol:
you're 2 for 2 on your assumptions so far though, go ahead and post that great music you listen to

...because I was clearly being serious with that comment
roll.gif

stop it 5

you mad papi?
i don't even listen to killa cam like that at all either
laugh.gif

you're 2 for 2 on your assumptions so far though, go ahead and post that great music you listen to

STOP IT B

stop it slime
This. I was expecting him to say rza, dilla, madlib, guys on that level. He went with a weak 5 to get his point across.

Back
Top Bottom