Jay-Z Opening the Barclays Center in Brooklyn with 8 Shows (Sept-October)

Very underwhelming show tonight especially for the hype for the FIRST SHOW. he did perform the majority of songs before exiting at 11:00. When he came back for the encore and Big Daddy Kane doing two songs, he went into his typical Jay melody of songs ending with Forever Young (the first and last verse)

Show doors opened at 7:35 (Suppose to be 7:00) Show was suppose to start at 8, started at 9:30. that Hour and a Half, Mister Cee played music (No opening act, Funk Flex was suppose to be there but couldn't as said by Mister Cee.) He brought Lil Cease to the DJ area. He brought J.Cole to the DJ area. That was the only appearance from anyone other than Jay-Z until Big Daddy Kane during the encore.

Jay missed lines in the songs. he was off on the start of some songs, and Was caring more about the moment than the performance. It was good, don't get me wrong, Jay is Jay live but something tells me a lot was cut from the show.

9/28/12 - Jay-Z in concert at the Barclays Center (Photos)

brooklyn borough new york, nets, nba, jersey, jay-z, big daddy kane, deron & amy williams, joe johnson, jerry stackhouse, james mays, josh childress, carleton scott, stephen dennis, Tornike 'Toko' Shengelia, avery johnson, earvin magic johnson, al roker, tyson chandler, victor cruz, j.cole, pharrell, lil cease, adrienne balon, pictures, pics

Purchased 4 tickets for the Monday show, ended up selling those for $220 and buying 2 opening night tix for $350 because wifey expected special guests on opening night....

Big letdown.

^Dope pics. Going next Friday. This week is about to go by slow as hell :lol:

I don't even care for special guests man, it's HOV.

That setlist :wow:

Dead Presidents & Can I Live back to back :x :pimp:

Murda Murda
What More Can I Say
Do It Again
Money, Cash, ****

:wow:

Last edited:
Glad there's no guests, sucks for those who thought opening and closing nights would be big. All that extra money wasted.

That setlist :wow:
Dead Presidents & Can I Live back to back :x :pimp:
Murda Murda
What More Can I Say
Do It Again
Money, Cash, ****
:wow:

That's what I'm saying. I thought he mixed it well, but I know people that didn't like the setlist. I understand, but at this point you can't expect Jay to remove the usual songs since that's what the casual fan and his new demographic wants to hear.

What I want to know is for "Money Cash ****" did he do a verse, or that preview nonsense he usually does. :lol:

Last edited:
^ I've seen Jay three times and his setlist is always the most disappointing out of any rapper I've ever seen

^ I agree, I just learn to take the positives out of it. Like from that set-list posted on the last page, I've never seen "Dead Presidents", "Do It Again" or "What More Can I Say" live. I've seen "Can I Live" once, "Money Ain't A Thing" three times, and "Money, Cash ****" once. Before the MIA Festival I've never seen "Murda Marcyville" either so next week will be my second time if he keeps it. So seeing that group of songs would be a big highlight for me.

That's what I'm saying. I thought he mixed it well, but I know people that didn't like the setlist. I understand, but at this point you can't expect Jay to remove the usual songs since that's what the casual fan and his new demographic wants to hear.
What I want to know is for "Money Cash ****" did he do a verse, or that preview nonsense he usually does. :lol:

It didn't last very long, it was more like a preview. From what I recall, It sounded like he screwed up the lyrics moments into the song. I thought he was going to call DMX out to the stage and join in.

He did screw up on Money Cash H*es when the fans started from the beginning of the song. he just replied with "D M X and my dogs bite" and was like "Gotcha." The set list was awesome and he did the majority of songs in full. Like I said earlier, the show was good but I had the same sentiments as many that the show was underwhelming for the First show.

But Jay was still Jay. It was still a good concert. Just not for those per say that has been to a few of his concerts.

Do they have nice merchandise for sale??? My sisters there and I'm trying to get her to buy me a few shirts....

They have shirts for the concert at tables on the concourse and of course, the Nets Shop is open with the Nets merch.

The best item probably is the numbered Jersey for 300.00 but they have a t-shirt at the tables with S.Carter on the back and the 4

Do they have nice merchandise for sale??? My sisters there and I'm trying to get her to buy me a few shirts....

Just about every shirt was (obviously) Brooklyn themed. A few had the BK bridge incorporated into the design, another had the names of streets in the area, others said Hello Brooklyn.

I want that jersey! Ill have to buy that myself.... I hope she brings me back a cool shirt. Don't want that crappy **** iiiit.

I just ordered a swingman custom of the Jay jersey for my friend that would not let me pay for Friday nights ticket. I got it for his son. I was kinda mad I did not ask my other friend we were with if the Carter jersey was numbered or had a patch since he bought one. kinda upset since if I knew it was dated for each show, I would of gotten it Friday night since we on line for the store.

I may just make a swingman and plaque it with the ticket and booklet they gave us when we entered.

So has it been the same set list every night or?

And hows the security when it comes to smoking? Ill be in the $40 seats.

So has it been the same set list every night or?
And hows the security when it comes to smoking? Ill be in the $40 seats.

He's made small changes to the set-list each night it seems. Nothing major.

Very underwhelming show tonight especially for the hype for the FIRST SHOW. he did perform the majority of songs before exiting at 11:00. When he came back for the encore and Big Daddy Kane doing two songs, he went into his typical Jay melody of songs ending with Forever Young (the first and last verse)
Show doors opened at 7:35 (Suppose to be 7:00) Show was suppose to start at 8, started at 9:30. that Hour and a Half, Mister Cee played music (No opening act, Funk Flex was suppose to be there but couldn't as said by Mister Cee.) He brought Lil Cease to the DJ area. He brought J.Cole to the DJ area. That was the only appearance from anyone other than Jay-Z until Big Daddy Kane during the encore.
Jay missed lines in the songs. he was off on the start of some songs, and Was caring more about the moment than the performance. It was good, don't get me wrong, Jay is Jay live but something tells me a lot was cut from the show.

Nailed it...Couldn't have said it better myself. I went to last night's show (Sunday night)...It's my 4th time seeing Jay (SummerJam 2000, Live 8, Reasonable Doubt at Radio City, Barclays)...

It pains me to say it, because while I have my issues with Jay's recent music, he's always been a professional and quite the performer...But I gotta say, this was probably the laziest Jay show I've ever seen. He absolutely missed a few cues. He seemed to demand more of the crowd than I've ever seen (I guess usually it comes naturally, without him having to request it). He seemed generally unenthusiastic and uninterested.

This was actually the first time I've ever seen Jay do a show and NOT have a guest performer, at all. A little disappointed, especially when You Don't Know came on and i almost broke into tears of excitement because I just KNEW Fame and Billy were gonna show up (we was in brooklyn afterall)...but alas, no MOP.

But my biggest issue was this...Jay has what, 11 albums or something like that? His catalog is HUGE. You are performing in Brooklyn...BROOKLYN! TheKid is from brooklyn...There just wasn't even CLOSE to enough backpack/hoodie/ski mask music. Why the EFF are you playing Bonnie and Clyde??! It's one thing if we get to see Beyonce and all that *** she got, but Beyonce was no where to be seen. No "So Ghetto", no "Do It Again",

I know a lot of you guys are prolly a little younger than me and you might have grown up on the more refined, "white louis boat shoes" Jay, but as far as I'm concerned, play those songs when you're in Paris and San Francisco...Gimmie that gangsta gangsta shoot em up ish when in Brooklyn. Even Mobb Deep said Brooklyn is the home of the coffin...

...oh, and he only shouted out Flatbush, Bed-Stuy, and Brownsville. Hol up...Bushwick gets no love??! East NY gets no love?? C'mon son...!

Back
Top Bottom