Jay-Z Or Nas? Vol. Complex

Im simply saying jay z is more relevant and successful than nas but i didnt want to type alot of stuff.

I like nas lol.

But thats just how it seems to me.

Could be wrong who knows.

I dont really care anymore lol.

"Relevant" :lol:

No one would argue that Jay is more successful.

As someone in business, contrary to what many of you think, not everyone is out for the same level of success.

Some people are happy being 100 Thousandaires. Some people want to be millionaires. Some multi millionaires.

The higher you go, the more you tend to sacrifice, the harder the decisions become etc. and it isn't for everyone.

That's why I rock with Nas. He has more of an everyman vibe. I don't think Jay would EVER put out a song like "Daughters" as a single.

And conversely, I rock with Jay because his business acumen is top notch. Which is admirable.

But again, not for everyone. There's moves he made that I might not. Clearly hasn't hurt him any though :lol:

Last edited:
"Relevant"
laugh.gif

No one would argue that Jay is more successful.

As someone in business, contrary to what many of you think, not everyone is out for the same level of success.

Some people are happy being 100 Thousandaires. Some people want to be millionaires. Some multi millionaires.

The higher you go, the more you tend to sacrifice, the harder the decisions become etc. and it isn't for everyone.

That's why I rock with Nas. He has more of an everyman vibe. I don't think Jay would EVER put out a song like "Daughters" as a single.

And conversely, I rock with Jay because his business acumen is top notch. Which is admirable.

But again, not for everyone. There's moves he made that I might not. Clearly hasn't hurt him any though
laugh.gif
These dudes talking like there is one concrete definition of success 
laugh.gif

Would i rather live Jays life prolly. But we dont know what that stress like

And i know everyone on niketalk drives da hemi and pulls dimes but Nas is still a multimillionaire despite all his troubles 

Last edited:
I hate when people mention this about Ether, as if there wasnt facts

- Jay kept his name in his music even said, "Whose the best? Biggie, JayZ & Nas." Sampled him on Dead Prez, Rap Game/Crap Game, etc. Mention em on every album before he dissed em on BP.
- Em had a better verse on Renegade
- Said he was better then Biggie "If I aint better then Big, I'm the closest one."
- Hawaiian shirts *Hawaiian Sofie song
None of those "facts" hold any weight with me.

He gave Nas props on a few cuts, big deal.

Em did have a better verse on Renegade, but Nas has been outrapped on a few tracks as well. Nas didn't even have the best verse on Illmatic (which is crazy considering that there was only one guest verse on the entire album)

I interpret that he was saying he was the closest one to BIG, not that he was better

Nas has rocked his fair share of clown looking stuff (You Owe Me video?)

None of those "facts" hold any weight with me.

He gave Nas props on a few cuts, big deal.

Em did have a better verse on Renegade, but Nas has been outrapped on a few tracks as well. Nas didn't even have the best verse on Illmatic (which is crazy considering that there was only one guest verse on the entire album)

I interpret that he was saying he was the closest one to BIG, not that he was better

Nas has rocked his fair share of clown looking stuff (You Owe Me video?)
That AZ verse was 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

I dont agree with your opinion but damn near every verse on that album is 10/10 flawless

so i aint emm mad

Nas is your that dude from around the way that is smart as ****, still connected to the same dudes, known and maintaining. He could've gone to college and been straight if he applied himself academically and likewise had the talent to play damn near any sport and earn a scholarship, but he didn't give a **** about any of that. He's cool in his lane and never tries to shoot for the stars because he doesn't have to. Dudes know he's nice at whatever he does and he gets enough props to not want to prove himself. He's not even competitive unless he's pushed into it.

Jay is that dude that was smart too, but never really kept the same dudes around him. He had plenty of associates, but was really about traveling in new circles and climbing the ladder to success. He did everything he was supposed to do and being that he had a gift of gab and plenty of game he always did better than you expected him to. You never hated and respected his drive. The kind of dude you were happy to see shining.

Neither of them had to be better than the other, but because they were both on a higher level than most dudes, people wanted to compare them all the time or pit them against each other. They never had any real beef, but might have bumped heads a couple of times over some dumb ****. They respect each other to this day even though they are on different levels and have no problems with each other, yet people still want to compare them.

Neither is better. They are just different and the best at their respective approaches to it.

Last edited:
Nas is your that dude from around the way that is smart as ****, still connected to the same dudes, known and maintaining. He could've gone to college and been straight if he applied himself academically and likewise had the talent to play damn near any sport and earn a scholarship, but he didn't give a **** about any of that. He's cool in his lane and never tries to shoot for the stars because he doesn't have to. Dudes know he's nice at whatever he does and he gets enough props to not want to prove himself. He's not even competitive unless he's pushed into it.

Jay is that dude that was smart too, but never really kept the same dudes around him. He had plenty of associates, but was really about traveling in new circles and climbing the ladder to success. He did everything he was supposed to do and being that he had a gift of gab and plenty of game he always did better than you expected him to. You never hated and respected his drive. The kind of dude you were happy to see shining.

Neither of them had to be better than the other, but because they were both on a higher level than most dudes, people wanted to compare them all the time or pit them against each other. They never had any real beef, but might have bumped heads a couple of times over some dumb ****. They respect each other to this day even though they are on different levels and have no problems with each other, yet people still want to compare them.

Neither is better. They are just different and the best at their respective approaches to it.
i like this 

Your kinda of right about this 

Dude had to be legitmately forced to make ether

I never do this but since its new gen NT i might as well

lyrics nas
song writing jay-z
beat selection :rofl: jay-z
concept songs/albums nas by default, jay been rapping about the same **** for 2 decades "balling"
being a boss :rofl: jay-z
flow nas
vocal tone nas
the battle nas
the early career nas by a landslide
the middle career jay-z
the tail end - nas
the merger :rofl: jay-z
the war - nas

Nas has took alot of L's in his career, but the fact that he still makes ******* dope albums that sound like they stuck in a ******* Boombox from the summer of 94
still amazes me to this day. and because i have no cares in the world about how rap sounds today im gonna say nas won/

Both are all time greats but I prefer Nas, I just think he's the better mc and has the stronger music catalogue.

I could see somebody liking Jay more and I wouldn't argue, just a matter of personal taste.

:smh: at the people claiming jay a great songwriter
Dude been saying the same **** since forever
If I gotta hear 1 more song about them 92 bricks I'm a go ******* crazy
I swear man y'all give him toooo much credit
Only reson he still here is cause he would drop every year and he had someone keep him afloat
He needs to thank just blaze bink and kanye for keeping him relevant.
Beans was destined to take the crown at the roc. The b coming is like one of their top 3 albums on the roc(even though its under dame dash music group) that they ever released

Jay helped nas career.

Nas coulda been the one but he couldnt decide which nas to be |I

Beans >>> nas

He tells storys well though.

Top 5 housecat rapper imo.

Jay has the hustler's mentality that he wants to make the most money/sell the most no matter what. He admitted as much when he said "I dumbed for my audience to double my dollars." He lost a lot a lot of respect in my eyes for that. Nas is more a pure artist and makes music that he likes and lets it sell what it will instead of chasing trends and what he thinks ppl want to hear. Besides, Nas is one of the most creative dudes in rap history, whereas Jay has ran out of subject matter years ago.

Pure?

Which nas?

Got yourself a gun....hate me now...oochie wallie ..i can nas lol

Nas changed to accomodate himself to the times.

unfortunately he was always too late.

hes one of the best..top ten maybe.

but seriously though most overrated rapper ever.

I think everyone agrees on this.

Lol at "new generation"

Jays lyrics >>>>>

".was thought to be a pleasant guy all my fn life / So now I'm down for whatever ain't nothing nice"

Most nas fans wont eem get dat reference.

Last edited:

This is why you are the Brolic Scholar, my friend.

I owe you a rep.

have fun yall, gonna be a long thread... again

Pretty much

AAANNNDDD

And I know duece gonna have SOME type of rebuttal
So please just don't call me champ
**** gets on my nerves and is so damn condescending

As the word "champ" applies to YOU, I say it not to be condescending to you specifically but if it truly bothers you that much (I have no idea why) I'll try my best not to use it towards you if you wish to have a civil argument..........but no promises champ my man :wink: .  

Now let's get down to business.  You said "What I mean is that nas doesn't seem to care for that kind of stuff Some people are happy with having just enough money to be comfortable".  What makes you think Nas doesn't care THAT much about money, and if that truly were the case why isn't he doing more free live shows instead of charging fans at the door?  

Also, make no mistake about it my friend, I and others would not seem to care about that kind of stuff too if we didn't pay taxes and decided to go the Nas route as it applies to the IRS.  If I decided to not pay for my local roads and schools like Nas by turning my back on the government I would have more money on hand and not seem to care that much about money or be extra comfortable like you portray Nas to be.  I and other law-abiding citizens didn't do that though, we decided to go about things the right way legally speaking and do what is asked of us as American citizens.  

Which is why we don't have to worry about "the IRS crawling up our ******* *** with a microscope" like Axel Foley said to the white guy in the bond warehouse that claimed he didn't own the Porsche in Beverly Hills Cop.  Your boy Nas on the other hand can't say the same.  As the saying goes my friend, pay me now or pay me later.  Nas for whatever reason decided to pay later, and since he is paying later he has to pay more than before.  Makes me wonder if YOU @nawghtyhare
 pay taxes.  I might have to conduct an audit on you champ my man.  

I'm out!

Last edited:
^Not to mention damn near everything Jay said about Nas on Takeover was a lie or fabrication.

Nas wasnt the only person that was fabricated in that song.

That's why I always related to Nas more than Jay.

Jay helped nas career.

Beans >>> nas

LOL.

Pure?

Which nas?

Lol at "new generation"

Jays lyrics >>>>>

".was thought to be a pleasant guy all my fn life / So now I'm down for whatever ain't nothing nice"

I said "pure artist" as in he does it for the love and would probably still be writing, be a poet, or rapping if he wasn't getting paid for it. Jay seems to always treat rap as a hustle, whereas nas def hasn't hopped on every trend like Jay has.

I said "pure artist" as in he does it for the love and would probably still be writing, be a poet, or rapping if he wasn't getting paid for it. Jay seems to always treat rap as a hustle, whereas nas def hasn't hopped on every trend like Jay has.

I agree

Jay is a hustler
Nas is a storyteller

I think the underlying thing that rustles nas fans is that after takeover jay really helped nas career. Nas was slippin and ether and stillmatic put him back.
nas would be in queens right now doin shows wit cormega if it wasnt for jay z most likely
nas fans know they should be grateful that jay helped their guy get back on but they would never admit it.

I think that is where the hate comes from.

Last edited:
Jay helped nas career.

Beans >>> nas

If that's the case then nas helped jays career he woulda been a fast rapping car for the rest of his career if not inspired by nas

Pure?

Which nas?

Lol at "new generation"

Jays lyrics >>>>>

So cause he bites other rap legends lyrics he's nice :lol: jay a bum and always gonna be a bum musically. Y'all give jay too much credit he would be a nobody if big and PAC was alive

Did nas really change his "style" though? Maybe lost some focus.

Early jay, sounded like a wannabe jazo/big L

Flame suit ready, but as an MC Nas>>>>

Back
Top Bottom