Nas fell off, but jay hasn't? LULz

When in doubt take shots at the fan base. "Emotional" "made of confetti"

It's all preference.

I like early jay though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not in doubt though.

I like early nas.
he coulda been great.

i think we can all agree nas did not live up to his full potential.

Im not in doubt though.

I like early nas.
he coulda been great.

i think we can all agree nas did not live up to his full potential.
But why are you attributing Jay-Z's success to planning and Nas' contentment to catastrophe, when it may have been by design?

Basically

Suburban cats = nas

Street cats and rich cats and smart cats = jay

/thread.

lolol yess street cats and rich cats and smart cats = jay!!! great analyzes lmaoo

like nas said there is no best. Nas shut this thread down awhile ago.

These two are great artist neither one is greater then the other its all subjective , it depends on your preference. Jcole said it best ,tell me who
your favorite rapper is and ill tell you what you prioritize.

Jay is a brilliant business man that admittedly said he dumb down his lyrics to reach the masses"i dumb down for my audience to double my dollars". He who caters to the dumb will always have the attention of the masses. This is part of jayz brilliance as a rapper and a business man,he is the king of this lane.

Nas has never dumb down for his audience and im not saying you need to be a genius to relate to a nas song, that is far from the truth but they are not formulated for everyone. For example an album like untitled which is an album basically about african american social issue and its history does not cater to other races which in result will produce less sells yet nas still released this album. Another example would be jayz collaboration album with kanye "watch the throne'' designed for the masses. Nas made a collabo album as well but with Damian Marley called "distant relatives" with song like
africa must wake up,land of promise, and leaders, once again not catering to everyone. Im not saying nas's music has always been this revolutionary black progressive music because it hasn't ,what im saying is that nas's music for the most part has never had this thirst for commercial success.

It all boils down to preference, i dont think nas could of had the commercially successful career like jayz even if he tried there just two different types of people. i also don't believe jayz could of ever have done songs like 'i gave you power, rewind, what goes around, fetus,undying love, get down, my country, purple, no ideas original,drunk by myself.

They are both great neither one is better but i prefer nas

Pure?

Which nas?

Got yourself a gun....hate me now...oochie wallie ..i can nas lol

Nas changed to accomodate himself to the times.

unfortunately he was always too late.

hes one of the best..top ten maybe.

but seriously though most overrated rapper ever.

I think everyone agrees on this.

You think "everyone agrees" that Nas is the "most overrated rapper ever"?

"Ever"? Really? You sound like a child.

Taking Jay out of the equation, he's widely regarded as one of the best to do it.

And what exactly is "impure" about all those records you mentioned? If you had mentioned "You Owe Me" you might've had a point.

Basically

Suburban cats = nas

/thread.

If suburban cats loved Nas, dude would be triple platinum over and over again. You got it backwards.

Or did you mean "educated" cats? Or are "smart cats" and "suburban cats" different?

Or does this just make no ******* sense at all?

Ether sounds like a comeback from a freshman in hs.

Jay gives away albums
Naws has to use controversial gimmicks just to buzz.

I like nas tho.

Its pretty much fact jay is better i think most everyone knows this so lets just end on that

Gimmicks? So giving away albums as part of some cell phone ******** but insisting it still count as a Soundscan isn't a gimmick?

And why do so many imbeciles on here keep using the word "fact" when they have no idea what it means?

Last edited:
lolol yess street cats and rich cats and smart cats = jay!!! great analyzes lmaoo

These two are great artist neither one is greater then the other its all subjective , it depends on your preference. Jcole said it best ,tell me who

Jay is a brilliant business man that admittedly said he dumb down his lyrics to reach the masses"i dumb down for my audience to double my dollars". He who caters to the dumb will always have the attention of the masses. This is part of jayz brilliance as a rapper and a business man,he is the king of this lane.

Nas has never dumb down for his audience and im not saying you need to be a genius to relate to a nas song, that is far from the truth but they are not formulated for everyone. For example an album like untitled which is an album basically about african american social issue and its history does not cater to other races which in result will produce less sells yet nas still released this album. Another example would be jayz collaboration album with kanye "watch the throne'' designed for the masses. Nas made a collabo album as well but with Damian Marley called "distant relatives" with song like
africa must wake up,land of promise, and leaders, once again not catering to everyone. Im not saying nas's music has always been this revolutionary black progressive music because it hasn't ,what im saying is that nas's music for the most part has never had this thirst for commercial success.

It all boils down to preference, i dont think nas could of had the commercially successful career like jayz even if he tried there just two different types of people. i also don't believe jayz could of ever have done songs like 'i gave you power, rewind, what goes around, fetus,undying love, get down, my country, purple, no ideas original,drunk by myself.

Repped. Now I can definitely agree with 95% of what you posted here. For many points you touched this is 1why I honestly view nas as being UNDERRATED. A

Naw nas is rated just right lol.

I give him props though he gave alot of hip hop fans who were lost and impressionable someone to look to.

I like nas.

Last edited:
Basically

Suburban cats = nas

/thread.

Nas' attempt for commercial appeal (I Am... & Nastradamus) was heavily criticized and he was considered washed.
Jay-Z basically saved his career... "I gave you life when ****** was forgetting you emcee."
They both are great but Jay is better.

Last edited:
Serious though

Nas is top 5.

Hes one of the greatest ever definitely but i really do feel like he could have been way bigger.

I own plenty of his records.

But at the end of the day i think jay z is just a little bit better.

I just never enjoyed listening to Jay rap, like i hear it and the beats are good and he used to be nice but it just never did it for me.

I never knew....

Sckid had such a poor opinion of the goat nas.

You're contribution to the "I never knew " thread is appreciated.

Dude went from "top ten maybe" to "not even top 4 of ny rappers anymore" to "Top 5".

From "but seriously though most overrated rapper ever" to "nas is rated just right".

I guess this is what the kids refer to as "trolling"?

Which I call a cry for attention by someone who has way too much time on their hands.

"...who's the best? Pac, Nas and Big, ain't no best, East, West, North, South, flossed out, greedy" - Nas

43d.gif

Like I said Jay all day! My dude is WINNING!

Just bought out Ace Of Spades......
http://nypost.com/2014/11/05/jay-z-buys-ace-of-spades-luxury-champagne-label/

"Jay-Z specifically bought the interest in Armand de Brignac held by Sovereign Brands, a New York-based wine and spirits company owned by the Berish family, after submitting an offer a Sovereign spokeswoman said “we simply couldn’t refuse.”

It was also an offer they wouldn’t divulge. Industry metrics, however, indicate the brand in its entirety is worth between $25 million and $30 million."

View media item 1251381

Last edited:
Right ...dudes in here cheerleading for Jay-Z's financial success, which doesn't PROVE he's a BETTER rapper than Nas. Which is why most of his fans and the editors at Complex have me perplexed as to how they are drawing this conclusion that Jay-Z is "better" than Nas.

...I'm also a Jay-Z fan, if that matters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom