Jay-Z Solo Album Discography Broken Down vol. Let's discuss this

I can understand the argument that although Nas is more lyrical, but Jay is the better rapper. Jay is just more versatile and his cadence/delivery is just more potent. A song like "PSA" where he doesn't deliver much lyrical content but just kills it from a rapping standpoint, is an example of that.  

There are certain "non-lyrical" aspects of rapping that hold some weight. And it isn't like Jay isn't lyrical. Nas just is more lyrical.

Chiming back in just to say y'all use the word lyrical like it means you have to be saying something intellectual or internal rhymes.

PSA is definitely lyrical.

Chiming back in just to say y'all use the word lyrical like it means you have to be saying something intellectual or internal rhymes.

PSA is definitely lyrical.

This. Shoot at you actors like movie directors.

Last edited by a moderator:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I only looked at the chart for 5 seconds and this guy has "22 Two's" and "Lucky Me" as bad songs.

Get outta here, man.

Nah, don't mind at all. That was the reason I created this thread.

I would love to see others fill it out and justify their opinions

Tried to give this one more try... got to Volume 2 and saw that he put "It's Like That" as a bad song.

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

WHAT?!??!?!??!

Honestly, It's like that isn't a good song. I'm way more appalled by A Week Ago and 22 2's not being mentioned as great. A week ago is one of those songs my son HAS to hear.

"**** it, the same thing make you laugh make you cry
the same game that make you math could make you die
It's a dice game, and sometimes you crap
Who would've thought you'd get popped one time and rat?
Now you know that's bad when your sister is mad
And your son gotta grow up like, "This is my dad?"
The labeling of a snitch is a lifetime scar
You'll always be in jail *****, just minus the bars"

Back
Top Bottom