JB Retirement

Retirement :lol:

From buying shoes :lol: :lol:

243E2291-EC7D-48FF-8BF0-3CA9A4367076.jpeg

But maybe your just in the same boat. Being burnt out says you just are tired of buying now. When buying is all optional. The right release always seems to pull us back in. I still enjoy reading and talking about releases I have no intent to buy. I dont think I will ever get tired of that.
That’s true. I used to buy every single 3 and 4 that was released no matter if I had to camp out and travel to the closest city (I had to travel to Lexington to get the fear 4s and 3s). But now I skip some like the charity 3s or maybe even the raptor 4s.

The BRED 4s with NA May pull me back in though. I just don’t get that excited anymore. I’m a little tired of Jordans feeling like bricks. I find myself going for my vapor Max’s these days.....

The game doesn't excite me like it once did. Way too many suckas an resellers in the mix now.
I just dont look at it that way. There are always gonna be resellers and people that just buy strictly for the hype/trend. I just appreciate shoes period. And as an MJ fan growing up it just worked for me. Pennys, Pips, Barkelys, even Shaqs are shoes I like also. Jordans I always seem to get back to though. I can put on a pair of Black red 7s right now and feel good about it. It dont get old.

I don't buy enough for me to think about retirement or slowing down

If i had a lot of junk in the collection just sitting could see the need for change :lol:

I just dont look at it that way. There are always gonna be resellers and people that just buy strictly for the hype/trend. I just appreciate shoes period. And as an MJ fan growing up it just worked for me. Pennys, Pips, Barkelys, even Shaqs are shoes I like also. Jordans I always seem to get back to though. I can put on a pair of Black red 7s right now and feel good about it. It dont get old.

I feel you. I like others too beside JB. I think Asics make the most comfortable shoes on the market. Give me the Gel-lyte IIIs or Vs any day.

I feel the same way. For me, Js represented the tradition of the game played by MJ. So to see it all mixed up now with collabs and all the hypebeasts chasing it who have probably never touched a basketball before is kinda a turn off. They really have ruined the game...

I feel the same way. For me, Js represented the tradition of the game played by MJ. So to see it all mixed up now with collabs and all the hypebeasts chasing it who have probably never touched a basketball before is kinda a turn off. They really have ruined the game...

Exactly! Never hooped a day in their lives. That definitely bastardized the brand.

That's another reason I think OG heads despise resellers. No history or connection to the shoes at all, just wearing because it's fashionable. It's a hobby for all, but a passion for a few ya dig.

I've definitely slowed down the past few years. Once I finally realized I can only wear Jordan's 3 days a week tops due to my job it was time. The only models I still buy religiously are the xi and iii. Another aspect is the 190+ retail price, it's just too much to be spending every few weeks. Along that line, the price has made Jordan's a bad investment. Not that I was looking to make big money off my collection, but at least i had the comfort of knowing that if I wanted to move a pair I had I was going to make a few bucks or at least break even with a ds pair. Even lightly worn pairs would be break even to losing only a few dollars. Now if I buy a pair, wear them a few times and want to move them, I'm generally out at least 40. It just shows that the msrp is too much and the market is saturated. Which leads me to a another point, there is no shoe that is a true must buy. Back in 01 - 08, you really didn't know if a shoe that was retoed would retro again. I would say the rerelease of the space name in 09 showed me that there was hope for anything to come back. Today, it's a foregone conclusion that pretty much everything will come out again in the future. If you miss a release, you can safely assume to get it next time in a few years (not including limited colabs, etc..). Another thing that soured me is the limitedness of some of the releases nowadays. Back in the LS days, I felt you at least had a chance to grab all the limited run Jordan's. Can't say the same currently. Fortunately, the vast majority of limited releases are dog crap imo, so im not missing out on much. However, it did suck to not be able to get the free throw Line 3s. Sorry for the long post, but all these reasons go into my stepping down, but not completely out of the Jordan scene.

I've definitely slowed down the past few years. Once I finally realized I can only wear Jordan's 3 days a week tops due to my job it was time. The only models I still buy religiously are the xi and iii. Another aspect is the 190+ retail price, it's just too much to be spending every few weeks. Along that line, the price has made Jordan's a bad investment. Not that I was looking to make big money off my collection, but at least i had the comfort of knowing that if I wanted to move a pair I had I was going to make a few bucks or at least break even with a ds pair. Even lightly worn pairs would be break even to losing only a few dollars. Now if I buy a pair, wear them a few times and want to move them, I'm generally out at least 40. It just shows that the msrp is too much and the market is saturated. Which leads me to a another point, there is no shoe that is a true must buy. Back in 01 - 08, you really didn't know if a shoe that was retoed would retro again. I would say the rerelease of the space name in 09 showed me that there was hope for anything to come back. Today, it's a foregone conclusion that pretty much everything will come out again in the future. If you miss a release, you can safely assume to get it next time in a few years (not including limited colabs, etc..). Another thing that soured me is the limitedness of some of the releases nowadays. Back in the LS days, I felt you at least had a chance to grab all the limited run Jordan's. Can't say the same currently. Fortunately, the vast majority of limited releases are dog crap imo, so im not missing out on much. However, it did suck to not be able to get the free throw Line 3s. Sorry for the long post, but all these reasons go into my stepping down, but not completely out of the Jordan scene.

I dig what you are saying an agree. I don't feel I'm missing anything either, especially since I had most of them when they originally dropped.

0430491, mmber: 195341"]I will never look at this as the "shoe game". Its not. Its a genuine hobby that really compares to no other. The pretenders never stay around that long and you know when you see them.[/QUOTE]

Different acroynym, same feeling. I happen to think a few of these famous IG/Sneakerwatch cats are pretenders. They are pretending and selling fakes.

Back
Top Bottom