Jim Courier Nike Tennis Kicks

Does anyone have photos or actual shoes from Courier's time with Nike in the early to mid 90s?  I believe his shoes were called the Nike Supreme Courts or something to that effect.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  I had them in both a low and 3/4 cut with a midfoot strap and they were simply awesome!

Does anyone have photos or actual shoes from Courier's time with Nike in the early to mid 90s?  I believe his shoes were called the Nike Supreme Courts or something to that effect.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  I had them in both a low and 3/4 cut with a midfoot strap and they were simply awesome!

i dont have pics but are you talking about the white/red ones with the grey velcro straps? i had the same pair and they were the best tennis shoes ever!! wore them until they fell apart. even had the matching shirt to go with it.

i dont have pics but are you talking about the white/red ones with the grey velcro straps? i had the same pair and they were the best tennis shoes ever!! wore them until they fell apart. even had the matching shirt to go with it.

Nike Supreme Court
1274298.jpg
1274309.jpg

Pics not mine

DSC02391.JPG

DSC02392.JPG

The thing is, I just threw out a bunch of old Tennis Magazines from the mid 90's which had the ad you're looking for... 
nerd.gif
frown.gif

I did, however, cut out all the Agassi stuff...
tongue.gif

Who remembers this? heh...

The thing is, I just threw out a bunch of old Tennis Magazines from the mid 90's which had the ad you're looking for... 
nerd.gif
frown.gif

I did, however, cut out all the Agassi stuff...
tongue.gif

Who remembers this? heh...

YEEEEP!  Those are the ones.  Some of the best tennis shoes I ever wore.  Loved the design and the midfoot strap as well- took a major beating and kept on ticking.  The colorways were done because of Courier's affinity for the Cincy Reds.  They also made a 3/4 or mid version that was amazing as well.  I would love for NIKE to retro these, though I doubt they would based on Courier's lack of following with comparison to Sampras and Agassi.  Am certain they would be outlet fodder, but some diehards like myself would grab 'em by the stacks if done right.  These really were just as good, if not better than anything in Agassi's line for me beyond the first tech challenges.

I only wish I had kept mine despite their beat up condition.  I wonder if anyone on here has them DS- either low or mids?

YEEEEP!  Those are the ones.  Some of the best tennis shoes I ever wore.  Loved the design and the midfoot strap as well- took a major beating and kept on ticking.  The colorways were done because of Courier's affinity for the Cincy Reds.  They also made a 3/4 or mid version that was amazing as well.  I would love for NIKE to retro these, though I doubt they would based on Courier's lack of following with comparison to Sampras and Agassi.  Am certain they would be outlet fodder, but some diehards like myself would grab 'em by the stacks if done right.  These really were just as good, if not better than anything in Agassi's line for me beyond the first tech challenges.

I only wish I had kept mine despite their beat up condition.  I wonder if anyone on here has them DS- either low or mids?

Originally Posted by limonyfresh

Good looking shoe. Are these the mids?
nike-supreme-court.JPG
Yessir.  I had forgotten about that CW.  The mids were probably even better than the lows IMO.  Really just a phenomenal fit and good balance of durability and somewhat lightweight.  Not a lot of gimmicks, but just solid all around.  Much like the cross trainers of the early to mid 90s.

Originally Posted by limonyfresh

Good looking shoe. Are these the mids?
nike-supreme-court.JPG
Yessir.  I had forgotten about that CW.  The mids were probably even better than the lows IMO.  Really just a phenomenal fit and good balance of durability and somewhat lightweight.  Not a lot of gimmicks, but just solid all around.  Much like the cross trainers of the early to mid 90s.

I had forgotten about that c/w too... 
51603631.jpg

On a sidenote, his next pair of shoes were these...

Air Resistance, if I'm not mistaken... Kevlar toe-guard.

1236160.jpg

I had forgotten about that c/w too... 
51603631.jpg

On a sidenote, his next pair of shoes were these...

Air Resistance, if I'm not mistaken... Kevlar toe-guard.

1236160.jpg

Agassi won wimbledon in all white challenge futures right?

I'd love all of the old tennis stuff to come back properly

Had an amazing pair of shoes back in the day that sampras wore....they looked a bit like the challenge pro 3 but with a wrap around heel max air

Had an amazing pair of shoes back in the day that sampras wore....they looked a bit like the challenge pro 3 but with a wrap around heel max air

Back
Top Bottom