Jim Rome Unappreciation.

this dude is not funny....i use to listen to him but he just states the obvious...why did he blast the champions league penalty kicks?....it was a perfect gameover two nonstop hours and the players were tired....how else would you decide it?....how/why do people in l.a. listen to him?

His opinions are pretty on-point, but whenever he's about to close out a segment, he starts asking those rhetorical questions and just sounds like an herb.

The reason he clowned on it is because he hates Soccer. He hates it about as much as he hates the WNBA. That's what his show is all about,"takes" or opinions. Everyone has their own. He always gives his without sugarcoating it.

My main beef with him has ALWAYS been that he doesn't really seem to really even know sports. He strikes me as someone who loves sports, and knows how tomarket perpetual criticism. I take him as someone who's kind of clueless, but willing to be the jerk who doesn't know what he's talking about in asituation... kind of like Nancy Grace and Glenn Beck.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

The reason he clowned on it is because he hates Soccer. He hates it about as much as he hates the WNBA. That's what his show is all about, "takes" or opinions. Everyone has their own. He always gives his without sugarcoating it.

That is definitely not the reason we don't like him..the majority of NT doesn't like Soccer. Dudes is simply trash in a bag my friend.

Phe

nominal

laugh.gif

gottagitdemjs:
The reason he clowned on it is because he hates Soccer. He hates it about as much as he hates the WNBA. That's what his show is all about, "takes" or opinions. Everyone has their own. He always gives his without sugarcoating it.
JPZx:
That is definitely not the reason we don't like him..the majority of NT doesn't like Soccer. Dudes is simply trash in a bag my friend.

I don't think you took that the way dude meant it. Look:
IronmanFitness (thread starter):

why did he blast the champions league penalty kicks?
gottagitdemjs:

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

The reason he clowned on it is because he hates Soccer. He hates it about as much as he hates the WNBA. That's what his show is all about,
"takes" or opinions. Everyone has their own. He always gives his without sugarcoating it.

Say what you wish, but my man Rome (UCSB alum) gave props to the UCSB Soccer team for their soccer championship in their FINAL BURN segment 2 years ago. He mayhate soccer, but he doesn't hate UCSB soccer
pimp.gif

Some of his segments are
roll.gif

I love when he answers the E-Mails.

But you can honestly say you dislike him more then some guys on ESPN radio? Some of the dudes may no sports but it so boring. At least Rome is entertaining.Even if he is wrong sometimes about the sports side.

laugh.gif
don't like him that much, but he can be hilarious at times. likecalling Jim Tressel "sweater vest"
laugh.gif

Been listening to him since 96...many of his segment are funny as hell and the clone on clone war is
roll.gif

"[Insert radio/television personality] unappreciation" threads are unappreciated. These guys are not to be taken seriously, and when you makethreads dedicated to them, you take an L and you fail.

Simmons, Rome, SAS, even Walton.. you just have to go along with their act. Outside of Walton, and maybe SAS, Simmons and Romey really don't have that muchknowledge on any particular sport. Just laugh at their jokes, which they make some funnies from time to time, and move along.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Simmons, Rome, SAS, even Walton.. you just have to go along with their act. Outside of Walton, and maybe SAS, Simmons and Romey really don't have that much knowledge on any particular sport. Just laugh at their jokes, which they make some funnies from time to time, and move along.

Rome =
sick.gif

Walton tho...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yes, Rome=
sick.gif
I really don't see the need of stating the obviousthough. Like do we really need to have unappreciation threads for ESPN or ESPN personalities? Oh well, guess I'm just mad
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom