Jiro Sushi loses their 3 Michelin Star

Exactly. A ****ing tire company has the fine dinning establishments by the balls

While we talking about food any of my nyc folks, what the hell happened to peter Lugers? Quality of the steaks def not the same.

the NY times gave it a zero stars lol. there was a whole fuss about this few weeks back

the NY times gave it a zero stars lol. there was a whole fuss about this few weeks back

Yeah I read about it but people have been saying this for at least 3-5 years now. At first it was hipster contrarians now it’s food critics and some chefs and locals also.

he says the best sushi was at the market where they auction the fish off at.
tsukiji. some of the locals say the best sushi comes from some of the small shops in that area. it's all a matter of taste of course but that dude saying sukiyabashi jiro sucked is probably used to eating tuna sandwiches from a gas station.

Any sushi place in Japan will **** on 99% of the sushi place over here.

Now Jiro has been running his place like that for a while (minimum seating, etc.), as mentioned by somebody else it’s not uncommon in Japan (they got bar that seat 5-6 people lol). Taking off his stars for that is kind of weird to me.

IMO high end fancy sushi < a good quality piece of sashimi

Prob not the right forum to be discussing about fine sushi.

Theres currently a 170+ page dedicated to popeyes and a recent thread with concerns about the lack of white castle burgers.

White castle burgers.

Says a lot about a majority of nt's palate.
don’t forget about the 270 page thread on chic ******* fil a

I don’t give a damn if it’s a fancy place or cheap place. If the tuna tastes good then i’m happy.

I’d wait outside and, whoever has reservations that day. I’m giving them $200 to get me sushi for take out. Simple.

“hey my guy, you’re eating in here today? Hey, here’s $300, grab me something right quick”

I don’t think i ever had real sushi before
What do you qualify as real sushi?

Any sushi place in Japan will **** on 99% of the sushi place over here.

Now Jiro has been running his place like that for a while (minimum seating, etc.), as mentioned by somebody else it’s not uncommon in Japan (they got bar that seat 5-6 people lol). Taking off his stars for that is kind of weird to me.

IMO high end fancy sushi < a good quality piece of sashimi

Makes sense on multiple levels. If they’re booked up for the next 2 years, that’s means they’re making sushi all day, nonstop, back to back to back. Idc how hardcore you are, quality is eventually going to dip. Not say it has. Give em a break and let it be understood that it a top quality sushi spot. If you know, you know.

What do you qualify as real sushi?

Makes sense on multiple levels. If they’re booked up for the next 2 years, that’s means they’re making sushi all day, nonstop, back to back to back. Idc how hardcore you are, quality is eventually going to dip. Not say it has. Give em a break and let it be understood that it a top quality sushi spot. If you know, you know.
Not a California roll

Exactly. A ****ing tire company has the fine dinning establishments by the balls

While we talking about food any of my nyc folks, what the hell happened to peter Lugers? Quality of the steaks def not the same.

If you live in NYC and never had a steak from Smith & Wollensky, you’re just doing it wrong.

His restaurant has always been this way though. Why now? Did Michelin change its standards?

Don’t even begin to discuss Michelin in the food thread. Dudes think every single city has them lmao.

Back
Top Bottom