JOB MARKET UNAPPRECIATION

been looking for a gat damn job for about 4 months to no avail. the hell is going on here?

ive gotten called about a few locations and now i regret passing on them since my mom is cutting me off soon

c/o 08/09 ftl
tired.gif

4 months isn't bad compared to a lot of people.

My mom was out of work for over a year before she decided to go back to school.

If you've paid attention to the news in the last year or so, none of this should come as a surprise.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

4 months isn't bad compared to a lot of people.

My mom was out of work for over a year before she decided to go back to school.

If you've paid attention to the news in the last year or so, none of this should come as a surprise.

oh no, its not a surprise at all. im just confused on how this hasnt gotten ANY better.

same here, graduated over the summer and majored in finance. Deciding if I should keep looking into next year or consider applying to summer classes. Would itbe stupid to go for another degree like in CIS or something?

It's real rough out there at the moment.

Holiday season is usually a good time to pickup a part time job too but it's been real slow

Yeah this crap sucks. I graduated earlier this year from U of MD and there's NOTHING out there. Have had a few interviews but no dice. It's justinsane.

I would recommend just going hard in your job search any way possible... Like Malcolm said: "By any means necessary." It's tough, but peoplehave to realize that if it's tough for us, relatively young people to get jobs, imagine what it's like for our parents and the older generationswithout jobs. That's got to be tough. I know I've had to tap into so many different resources and put in countless applications to even get a fewcallbacks and of those few, a handful of interviews. Keep on pushing, OP...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Yeah this crap sucks. I graduated earlier this year from U of MD and there's NOTHING out there. Have had a few interviews but no dice. It's just insane.

Same here, what was your major? A couple months in it was like yeah its hard out there but now its insane, feels like I should've don't something else.

Back
Top Bottom