Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Super nervous NT FAM!!

Had a interview at a University for a administrative position that I was really hoping for after 2 months. Called me back for interview 2 and the just got position offered too me. Pending background check which I am cool with. But shaking if that check includes a deep credit check I might be out of luck! As I messed that up a lot while in college and being jobless these past 6 months didn't help me at all on that end! Just hoping for the best because they really seemed to like me but its not in their hands now.

Hate how credit maybe can be a factor without knowing a certain individuals situation. Don't know what the background check consists of so hoping for the best! The search seems like forever for me.

just got hired for the summer at the post office, its 18 an hr only downfall is that t starts at 530 am. gonna keep it until i can find something better
Keep searching brothers something will hit sooner or later :smokin

Congrats! Stick in there fam different shifts will open up for you!

Thought you had a job
nerd.gif
Internship.

Got one last check coming in next Friday, and my student payments start becoming due in July
O I see best of luck in your journey fam

Finna be unemployed starting next week.

Applied to probably like 8 places this week.

just keep applying my yute, and more importantly follow up as well. I'm guessing you can't get the internship extended, will they bring you back for the summer? or depending on if your graduating can you leverage them for a full -time offer if its something you enjoy and want to do?
Key thing is as long as you lock down a job offer before you graduate, you'll be fine

Ps anyone here ever use a job agency? Would love to hear comments and thoughts.

I have, I made a few posts previously in this thread about my experience with them. They've been essential to me and the agency I used got me the full-time job I have now. As long as the company is reputable and legit, and you are a good worker, you should have good experiences with them.

Been at my current gig for about 4 months and while it's coo, i feel like I'm wasting time here. There's no upward mobility and no skills that will help me in my intended career. Im almost 30 and feel like i wasted too much time chasing things that weren't there.

Can't find an IT gig to save my life since i dont have the degree or experience. Going to build a website to display my skills though and add it to my resume. Gotta use different methods to strive gents.

Also, check out Pennyhoarder.com for some things on how to make money at home, could help you all that need it. Don't dem to be big money but every little bit helps.

Been at my current gig for about 4 months and while it's coo, i feel like I'm wasting time here. There's no upward mobility and no skills that will help me in my intended career. Im almost 30 and feel like i wasted too much time chasing things that weren't there.

Can't find an IT gig to save my life since i dont have the degree or experience. Going to build a website to display my skills though and add it to my resume. Gotta use different methods to strive gents.

Also, check out Pennyhoarder.com for some things on how to make money at home, could help you all that need it. Don't dem to be big money but every little bit helps.
You have the right mindset, my friend. Use your free time to learn skills and showcase your talents. I'm almost 30 as well. My train of thought changed a bit during the last several years.

Had two interviews in two days at the same place for fitness based roles.

Things went okay but i'm not getting my hopes up.

I've started to write assessments of how i think the interviews went so i can identify where i'm ******* myself.

I've noticed that i have a tendency to go into interviews flat as **** so i think i need to join a spoken word collective or a debate team to step my **** up. Either that or be self employed :lol:

I've started to write assessments of how i think the interviews went so i can identify where i'm ******* myself.

I've noticed that i have a tendency to go into interviews flat as **** so i think i need to join a spoken word collective or a debate team to step my **** up. Either that or be self employed :lol:
Sounds like they like you. They're probably waiting to interview other candidates before making a final decision.

I record all my interviews and replay them to somone else for feedback. Just turn your phone recorder on in your pocket before you walk in.

Last edited:

Sounds like they like you. They're probably waiting to interview other candidates before making a final decision.

I record all my interviews and replay them to somone else for feedback. Just turn your phone recorder on in your pocket before you walk in.
Yo that's pretty clever....never thought of that

You have the right mindset, my friend. Use your free time to learn skills and showcase your talents. I'm almost 30 as well. My train of thought changed a bit during the last several years.

Yours and mines both. I know my end game is to go into business for myself, but i want to gain professional experience first, not to mention, i need to make more money. Going through certain trials give you a great perspective and I'm seeing a lot.

I live in Indiana and trying to find a good job in Chicago; Got a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration....Any other websites besides CareerBuilder and Indeed

while researching a company im interested in working for, i came across an individual that i share an organizational affiliation with, who is an upper level exec in a department that has an opening... 

im trying to figure out what is the best course of action here...any ideas on what i should maybe say without coming off too strong? 

while researching a company im interested in working for, i came across an individual that i share an organizational affiliation with, who is an upper level exec in a department that has an opening... 

im trying to figure out what is the best course of action here...any ideas on what i should maybe say without coming off too strong? 

"tap tap pull"

Recording interviews is a good idea. I definitely need to become a more saavy with it.

Yeah if you record your interviews, you go back and listen and realize what you stumbled over and what you did well on and then adjust accordingly.

Just get the most blunt person you know to listen to it and they'll tell you "yo, you need to work on ______, it was kinda unclear" or whatever.

....you can also drive yourself crazy by doing this when you realize you couldn't have answered certain questions WAY better than what you did. :lol:

A lot of the time we think the interview went one way or another and forget what actually went down.

Last edited:
Yeah if you record your interviews, you go back and listen and realize what you stumbled over and what you did well on and then adjust accordingly.

Just get the most blunt person you know to listen to it and they'll tell you "yo, you need to work on ______, it was kinda unclear" or whatever.

....you can also drive yourself crazy by doing this when you realize you couldn't have answered certain questions WAY better than what you did.
laugh.gif

A lot of the time we think the interview went one way or another and forget what actually went down.
This is great advice and I'm using it for my interviews on Monday and Wednesday

I live in Indiana and trying to find a good job in Chicago; Got a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration....Any other websites besides CareerBuilder and Indeed
I would look into American Airlines for a Corp position since there a Hub there plus free flights.....think about it

Last edited:
So I got offered a temp position for two weeks before I start my full time position at another company. How exactly would I put that on a resume, the temp job that is? Trying to get all the experience I can.

Create a linkedin, you can search for jobs on there and at times recruiters hit you up, too. Craigslist is another source.

whats up guys and gals :nerd: put in my two weeks this week so im back on the hunt, only sites i remember are monster, snagajob, simplyhired, indeed and craigslist am i missing any good ones?

whats up guys and gals :nerd: put in my two weeks this week so im back on the hunt, only sites i remember are monster, snagajob, simplyhired, indeed and craigslist am i missing any good ones?
Glassdoor? What do you do? Linkedin is another good source.

Last edited:

....you can also drive yourself crazy by doing this when you realize you couldn't have answered certain questions WAY better than what you did. :lol:

this is great advice but im not feeling the constructive criticism even though it helps you out... im the type where i practice on my interview on my own but not with someone in person like my friend... i know its better that way but i cant take the awkwardness and critcism that comes with it :lol:.... and once i go on interviews nobody is harder on judging me than myself so while im on my interview and i mess up and i know exactly what i did wrong and will work on it on the next interview

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom