Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Im not even trying anymore to be honest

same here^ i put in over 20 online applications a few weeks back and only got a call from a damned walmart for a maintenance job. 
indifferent.gif
 imma just lay low for a lil while.  its not like im starving or anything anyways, got a lil income coming in. good luck to everyone out there looking, its ruff..

you guys should print your resumes and walk into the places(if you can) and make a good impression and give them a copy of your resume.

put on a shirt and a tie and just walk into different institutions and ask if they are hiring.

Had an interview with Express Scripts today..........have a test scheduled for monday at 3pm for United Healthcare. ES is gonna call me on monday to let me know if i got the job or not and starts on the 20th. This is the 3rd time i took the test at UH, and ive only gotten one live interview so far.

The lady my mother knows said she was told i didnt sound excited about the job when i had my phone interview, which is bull %#+$ because if i sounded any more excited, i would have sounded phony.

but anyway........we`ll know on monday!!!!!!!!

posting for later....for those that have gave up, keep trying man, never throw in the towel, something will come through.

Does anybody know the proper LinkedIn etiquette?

I ask because I'm tempted to just type in the company name of jobs I have applied to and find people that work in HR and ask them about their hiring process. I want to lead with:

"I recently applied to a position with your company but unfortunately I received notice that my qualifications did not align with the position needs. I am aware that other factors play a roll in the review of each candidate for positions. However, I am reaching out to you to see if you could share any insight with me about presenting myself as a more qualified applicant for your employer's needs in future openings."

Thoughts???

LinkedIn is like facebook for professionals...so this is like a dude trying to holla at a pretty chick he doesnt know on facebook

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by you big dummy

anything in so. cal?
nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif

It's rough out here bro
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Go learn a trade if you can, that's what i've been up to since February
What trade and where?If you dont mind me asking...I was thinking of going to Orange coast for one

yo anybody know how "hiring events" usually turn out? not for some major company, just retail?

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

yo anybody know how "hiring events" usually turn out? not for some major company, just retail?
You talking about job fairs? I went to two of them that was hosted at my school. Didn't help me much. Mostly sales jobs offered. For the good companies, they had reps, but they didn't really help out much, just told me to go to their website and apply.

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

You talking about job fairs? I went to two of them that was hosted at my school. Didn't help me much. Mostly sales jobs offered. For the good companies, they had reps, but they didn't really help out much, just told me to go to their website and apply.

Nah this is a hiring event, you have to go there and fill out an application, maybe it's another name for a job fair.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I applied to a couple of jobs at MTV thanks to Indeed.com. Hopefully I could get an interview.
I too did this, without indeed, tho. I got nothing.

About linkedin and receiving an answer back. Recently I've emailed this recruiter a few times through linkedin. No answer. My email was concise. Before I the job where I was at I emailed a HR/recruiter through my personal email a few times and got an answer back. I got her email off of linkedin. Try looking for their emails on linkedin and email through your personal email to the HR/recruiters personal or business email. Who knows if they even check linkedin like that, sort of like facebook.

Unless the employer (which is not HR/Recruiter), has posted an open position on LinkedIn.
Typically they don't read your messages and such.

As for etiquette, treat it like you would apply to any other job. Good luck, it's definitely rough out here.

Definitely do it Ace.

Any opportunity you have, I would try my best to make an impression and standout from the rest of the pack. Sometimes that is all it takes, especially in this kind of job market. Unfortunately, this strategy is best used for entry level or non career jobs where you know others probably aren't attempting to do the same thing. For advance careers and openings that require a considerable amount of experience, emailing the HR or recruiter may not be very helpful at all. But it still doesn't hurt to try. Goodluck!

Originally Posted by krazy88s

About linkedin and receiving an answer back. Recently I've emailed this recruiter a few times through linkedin. No answer. My email was concise. Before I the job where I was at I emailed a HR/recruiter through my personal email a few times and got an answer back. I got her email off of linkedin. Try looking for their emails on linkedin and email through your personal email to the HR/recruiters personal or business email. Who knows if they even check linkedin like that, sort of like facebook.

do you pay for linked in? to send someone a message they ask for a paid membership and im not about to do it. all i use it for is to have something so people can search me professionally and so i can research companies.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

Originally Posted by krazy88s

do you pay for linked in? to send someone a message they ask for a paid membership and im not about to do it. all i use it for is to have something so people can search me professionally and so i can research companies.

Yeah back when I had a job so I didnt care as much. They charged like $30 per month (I think) and I only used it one month. It was pretty useless looking back on it. Im still on linkedin but Im not paying for the extra stuff.

Back
Top Bottom