Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I have. Whatever you do don't work @ TD Bank. America's most convenient bank = crappy hours for you, a hit on your social life, & open on Sundays. Also, don't work @ a bank in the hood.

Lol i already had the 411 on TD. Its just crazy how tellers are sellers. Why can't they just count money and keep it pushing?

giphy.gif

^ Skip both and get into an investment bank.

You can get a nice cushy back office gig starting out entry level at $60k.

Update ...

So my brother decided to apply for jobs right since he had good feedback from family and friends ... Ironical, it wasn't as a Project Manager, but rather a Administrative Officer for a hospital ...

He said that he was a bit nervous and in a rush because of prior commitments and he never had a telephone interview ...
I guess every question he was asked he referred to his previous military job. Until one question when the interviewer stopped in and asked how about civilians?Nevertheless he think he blew it cause of that ..120K job .... I just told him keep your head up .. just cause you received and interview doesn't mean you was getting the job.Also .. it is important when answering question to be specific about qualification but broad on previous experience. Just answered it like you have always done the job. Not just in your previous employment.

Long story but out of work... Stressed. Wife is here thank GOD for her but I still can't leave her to support me and my child.

But I do have an phone Interveiw with the district manager of AT&T....

Anyone have any pointers for the call?

In the NYC if it matters...

Companies will waste your time man...had an interview for this job in Houston went awesome couldn't go any better. Got invited to the second interview once again went awesome we were talking about football and ish during the interview laughing joking etc. Damb thing lasted an hour and 30 minutes just to get the email we are moving forward with another candidate. Only thing I can think of is they did not want to aid in my relocation.

Companies will waste your time man...had an interview for this job in Houston went awesome couldn't go any better. Got invited to the second interview once again went awesome we were talking about football and ish during the interview laughing joking etc. Damb thing lasted an hour and 30 minutes just to get the email we are moving forward with another candidate. Only thing I can think of is they did not want to aid in my relocation.

I've heard of companies just listing job postings to attract attention and business, and give off the appearance of growth. Either that or the boss's kid had the position on lock and they were just doing the whole thing for show/pr purposes.

I think by law they have to post the job opening. Sometimes the job posting or maybe the interview stuff is just a formality. The person getting the position was already close with someone in the department.

I went to a workshop for people out work recently at my local unemployment center. It really helped a lot. I would suggest going to one, if available around your area. They may give you tips, exercises,how to network and job searching like they did with me.

Also, keep in mind that 80-90% of all jobs are found thru networking. And only 25% of jobs are advertised.

When I was looking for work, I would attend job fairs. The only people actively hiring were the places offering min wage. The other companies that I was looking into were just there to say they were there. They'd look at your resume, give you some weak pointers and tell you to apply online.

I've heard of companies just listing job postings to attract attention and business, and give off the appearance of growth. Either that or the boss's kid had the position on lock and they were just doing the whole thing for show/pr purposes.

I think by law they have to post the job opening. Sometimes the job posting or maybe the interview stuff is just a formality. The person getting the position was already close with someone in the department.
^I can see that... it was just an opportunity to get out of the state..but I think if the position was in my state I would've turned it down to begin with.

^nope they offered it in both interviews saying we will help you move out here and find you a place

Their thinking is why pay for his relocation when we have a local candidate who won't need the assistance. Sucks, but I get it. I remember sitting in an interview for an hour and got grilled thinking I landed position only to be told that they didn't like my cologne choice so I didn't get the position. Agency told me the real reason was my skin color, but such is life and life goes on.

^its crazy man these companies are a trip but I can understand I just want a change of scenery from my current gig and I cant transfer departments here until October.

Their thinking is why pay for his relocation when we have a local candidate who won't need the assistance. Sucks, but I get it. I remember sitting in an interview for an hour and got grilled thinking I landed position only to be told that they didn't like my cologne choice so I didn't get the position. Agency told me the real reason was my skin color, but such is life and life goes on.
I would of have thought cologne is a no no for a job interview and at most just spray up and let the mist hit you. Cologne/Perfume can bring unfavourable memories to and interviewer or he/she might be sensitive or even allergic.

Haven't came in here in a while but I just want to provide some support and tell you guys to keep pushing, something will pop up soon.

I would of have thought cologne is a no no for a job interview and at most just spray up and let the mist hit you. Cologne/Perfume can bring unfavourable memories to and interviewer or he/she might be sensitive or even allergic.

I had put on a dab. That was their cop out. Me and the agency talked and she told me the real deal. I would never flood the cologne for an interview that's tacky and immature.

Back
Top Bottom