Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

What are some good part time jobs, weekends? You can only do so much with Uber and Lyft on the side.

I ****ing hate Uber man ....

Look at this BS.... I know I keep posting and *****ing, but we really need to get together and try to revolt man.

Screenshot_20181028-092235_Uber Driver.jpg

How the **** does Uber makes almost the same as me that did all the work and calls it a service fee?

This service fee is made up BS to defraud the driver.

But here is a doosie for you guys ....

Screenshot_20181028-214831_Uber Driver.jpg

How does UBER make more than me the driver? This is beyond unethical and criminal ...

I have been doing this for a week, and it's because I need to have some income; however, this is exploitation at its finest.

Was reading online that the only way to make money is doing airport runs
Have to keep your rating high to do those though
I know two trips I made taking passengers into the city was like 50% of the money I made driving for 8 hrs on a Saturday night

I do corporate work for Kaiser. The PTO benefits and pension plan are pretty good. Also got a pretty significant raise out of the blue. My manager is an idiot though.

I do corporate work for Kaiser. The PTO benefits and pension plan are pretty good. Also got a pretty significant raise out of the blue. My manager is an idiot though.
Why am I always hearing this?

Everyone that I ever talk work with complains about management and calls them idiot.

If you drive for Uber and Lyft it’s a choice. They spend a lot of money on building out a platform, employees, marketing, etc. Its a business decision they make and the market agrees with. They could choose to cut a bunch of costs and pay their drivers way more. However, as a company this wouldnt align with their approach to changing the way the world uses transport.

If you don’t like it you should do something else. If enoguh drivers quit they’d of course have to rethink their strategy.

I’m not saying I agree with this from a human perspective. But it’s the way business works. Only way to truly be paid anything reasonable is to be a salaried management employee, an hourly consultant with in demand skills, or to own something that is yours.

Life’s not fair but at least you have years and years to shift it into your favor. Effort and persistence are most peoples only friends.

Has anyone in here been flown out for an interview? Curious as to if a job was offered, and if it was more of a final checkmark vs. Another obstacle.

Still hoping I hear something back from Kaiser this week or so.

Ok, so we’re the interviews you didn’t get the job technical or behavioral? Length? Number of people you interviewed with?

So today I receive a msg stating my Uber account was permanently deactivated. The reason given
Screenshot_20181119-151705_Email.jpg

Now, I have not done anything trying to defraud Uber or its customers. I hardly even use the app as I'm making more delivering without the hassle of people.

However, during the snow storm I made 150 in 2 hours, and do to that fact I was looking forward to using it heavily during future storms.

Anyways, my question is has anyone ever had this happen, know anyone or know if despite saying is not reversible, had success overturning it?

For me is one of those things that when I had it I didnt use it but it was always a good back up for slow days.

I do have lyft but I dont like the interface, I cant see any surges and the rides always sent my ways are 10+ minutes distance and not as frequent.

Thanks for the help.

What are some practices you guys feel need to be changed in the recruiting process?

Ghosting by recruiters.

They reach out to you and say you sound like a good candidate, asking for my availability to chat. I tell them days and times, they say they are busy, please provide additional availability, so I send more. they say cool, ill reach out to you on day and time. agreed upon time rolls around and no call happens. I reach out to reschedule, and they say sorry got caught up. they say ill be available day and time. I say cool, and reach out. No answer. I follow up again. I say I can be reached between times on the day, just give me a call, they say alright will do, but no call happens. I'm like **** it at that point.

Happened twice in the last six months.

Silly question, but when taking a phone call interview/screener, when the company rep asks "Do you have any questions for me?" what should you be asking? Is it a test or are they just genuinely asking if you have any questions regarding the company/role? I always find himself just asking "How quickly are you looking to move with the position" and always hang up thinking I should have asked more.

Ghosting by recruiters.

They reach out to you and say you sound like a good candidate, asking for my availability to chat. I tell them days and times, they say they are busy, please provide additional availability, so I send more. they say cool, ill reach out to you on day and time. agreed upon time rolls around and no call happens. I reach out to reschedule, and they say sorry got caught up. they say ill be available day and time. I say cool, and reach out. No answer. I follow up again. I say I can be reached between times on the day, just give me a call, they say alright will do, but no call happens. I'm like **** it at that point.

Happened twice in the last six months.
u gotta be proactive recruiters are always gonna be busier with the high potential candidates so u gotta be the one reaching out to multiple recruiters doing the meet/greet etc ur the one who has to want it was in the same position not too long ago it can be deflating and make u just wanna stay in bed n not do Sh*t but remember how bad do u want it

u gotta be proactive recruiters are always gonna be busier with the high potential candidates so u gotta be the one reaching out to multiple recruiters doing the meet/greet etc ur the one who has to want it was in the same position not too long ago it can be deflating and make u just wanna stay in bed n not do Sh*t but remember how bad do u want it

tracking, but when you reach out at a mutually agreed upon time (and get no response) for the third or fourth time, not much can be done

if they say i am free on 12/5 @ 1pm, with a calendar invite and confirmation from both ends, and do not answer or reply to an email/voicemail asking to reschedule that i reached out with, they have likely moved on.

all good tho, i learned long ago to keep it moving.

Last edited:
Silly question, but when taking a phone call interview/screener, when the company rep asks "Do you have any questions for me?" what should you be asking? Is it a test or are they just genuinely asking if you have any questions regarding the company/role? I always find himself just asking "How quickly are you looking to move with the position" and always hang up thinking I should have asked more.

Funny you asked that considering I had a interview yesterday and asked both interviewers the typical what was their trajectory to the current position they have as well as what would their current selves say to themselves the first day in the company.

Back
Top Bottom