Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I’m not going to argue with yall… I know you guys are just looking out for my best interests so I appreciate your opinion… but I disagree on leaving… there’s absolutely no benefit for me at all to leave asap…I would start my new job earlier and take advantage of the pay… but one paycheck is not going to kill me really lol… the new job already knows when I’m leaving so there’s no rush really…but regardless all of that is irrelevant now…

The company I interviewed with yesterday called me today and offered me the job…the salary is the exact same and I didn’t even try to negotiate and here’s why…the benefits are way better I’m talking PTO, Bonus, Health Insurance and best of all catered food for 3 days a week…so ya I’m taking the job and will call the other I’m declining it… My new manager will be on vacation so they don’t want me to start until 8/29… that works for me because my last day is the 24th so I have two days for myself…

I’m not going to argue with yall… I know you guys are just looking out for my best interests so I appreciate your opinion… but I disagree on leaving… there’s absolutely no benefit for me at all to leave asap…I would start my new job earlier and take advantage of the pay… but one paycheck is not going to kill me really lol… the new job already knows when I’m leaving so there’s no rush really…but regardless all of that is irrelevant now…

The company I interviewed with yesterday called me today and offered me the job…the salary is the exact same and I didn’t even try to negotiate and here’s why…the benefits are way better I’m talking PTO, Bonus, Health Insurance and best of all catered food for 3 days a week…so ya I’m taking the job and will call the other I’m declining it… My new manager will be on vacation so they don’t want me to start until 8/29… that works for me because my last day is the 24th so I have two days for myself…
You shouldn't argue with us, just listen, agree and bounce.

You talk about all these opportunities that your new job gave you, but really ... that's a two way street. The job needed someone, saw your potential and did what they needed to get your were they wanted you. It's a two way street and if it wasn't you it would of have been someone else. That's why good corporations take into account retention and count it against management when turnover is high because they don't want to waste money on retraining. So yeah ... you arent repaying ****.

Nothing that you have said makes me or any logical person say hey .. let me help them get a replacement .... obviously they didn't see **** in you to help you move into a position that's not capped and please don't tell me all positions are capped because that's BS unless is federal and even those they would accommodate at times. They aren't taking your situation into account and most importantly have cultivated an environment where racial jokes are tolerate.... nothing subtle about a racial joke.

On your new offer, you're quick to burn a bridge with the new employer because you have a new better offer. Take your own advice and look out for you.

Like I said I quit a job on the spot and they called me for months asking me to come back. I don’t burn bridges either but they knew they f’ed up.

I broke my arm because of them. That’s worthy of walking off the job. Demanding my pto and telling them they’re paying my medical bills or in sueing them to high hell.

They’ve been racist and wouldn’t let you work from home to see your sick dad. I’d pour gas on that bridge and light it on fire. :lol:

Congrats on the new job regardless and I hope you never go back to your current.

”Burning bridges” really applies if you see yourself returning to your old employer, or work in an small/niche/specialty industry.

Lots of corp outsource employee records management and reps usually only answer questions regarding dates of employment and eligibility for re-hire. Companies open themselves up for lawsuits; however, a “no” on eligibility from re-hire can mean termination for cause.

Also, many companies have record retention policies - they may remove your name from records after a certain time (i.e. 5 years) - SAVE YOUR W2s/offer letters if you need to verify employment history.

Wait, they've been racist to hombre and wouldn't let him visit his sick father and he still defending them?
His father was ill and he asked to work telework/remote while attending to his father and they told him no. However, others are giving the opportunity to work 100% remote.

He also stated they made racist jokes but that didn't bother him that much.

He also was capped out and they wouldn't give him a raised.

Praised his supervisor which was also capped out for being a cool person and trying to bat for him but the same supervisor was salty he was leaving and told him he couldnt work from home.

Like so many red flags ....

I wonder what he does in his current job and what he will do.

Seems like he is also wrappped around titles 🤔

Never go for the title only money. My boy got “promoted” to shop foreman. 1 dollar an hour raise.

Now he works 16 hours a day, is the scapegoat when something goes wrong and his family takes vacations without him because he works non stop.

We tried to warn him but he hoped he could climb the ladder.

Made it to the 4th round, four person panel, CEO included. Killed that ****. Laughing, jokes, knocking out all the questions. Tell me I’ll hear from them soon..

Turndown letter hit the inbox 10am. Legit was speechless. Cant stunt, Im not even angry or mad….Im just tired. This **** is exhausting. Getting so deep in these rounds and doing all these Zoom/Teams virtual interviews just to get turned down.

Just needed to vent. Something is gonna change for me soon. Im overdue for a W and its coming.

Made it to the 4th round, four person panel, CEO included. Killed that ****. Laughing, jokes, knocking out all the questions. Tell me I’ll hear from them soon..

Turndown letter hit the inbox 10am. Legit was speechless. Cant stunt, Im not even angry or mad….Im just tired. This **** is exhausting. Getting so deep in these rounds and doing all these Zoom/Teams virtual interviews just to get turned down.

Just needed to vent. Something is gonna change for me soon. Im overdue for a W and its coming.
Keep ya head up champ change gon come

5688D781-B3BC-419A-B813-69501E5F63E2.gif

Don’t trip fam. Something better coming and we gon make it!

Bruh I literally went through this in my last stint…I know it sounds easy to say but keep your head up and something better will fall through. I literally went through this about 14 times last year

5688D781-B3BC-419A-B813-69501E5F63E2.gif

Don’t trip fam. Something better coming and we gon make it!

Facts bruh! Def appreciate it!

Bruh I literally went through this in my last stint…I know it sounds easy to say but keep your head up and something better will fall through. I literally went through this about 14 times last year

Definitely appreciate that bro. Sheesh 14?! 😳 this is #5 for me this year goin deep into the rounds and getting the rejection letter but I see I got no room to talk. Props for pushing through, Im gonna do the same. Thanks again!

I don't mind a candidate that smiles or laugh at corny jokes, but if they get to lose and start joking back .... that's a no go.

At the end of the day is an interview and unless there's a prior relationship ... keep it business.

I don't mind a candidate that smiles or laugh at corny jokes, but if they get to lose and start joking back .... that's a no go.

At the end of the day is an interview and unless there's a prior relationship ... keep it business.

Def understand that, Im the same way when Im interviewing candidates applying at my job...but In my situation, the CEO was doing all the joking. Especially when he found out I was greek, since he was as well.

4th round? That's gotdamn ridiculous. I hate when companies waste people's time like that. I do 2 interviews max on candidates.

4th round? That's gotdamn ridiculous. I hate when companies waste people's time like that. I do 2 interviews max on candidates.

man and thats on the lighter end. My first job I ever got fresh out of school was 6 rounds.

Then this year When I interviewed with Amazon it was 4 rounds, with the 4th day consisting of 3 interviews the final day. Then They sent the email saying Id be interviewing from like 9:30am to 2:30pm I was like wtf...

But thats my biggest gripe is the multiple rounds. Thankfully a lot of them are virtual, but the ones that arent that got me driving all over Houston lol those the ones that suck. But thats life lol

When I was young I applied for a managerial position in a brewing / distributing company. The job I applied and went for was starting in the low 100k ... when I arrrived the conversation was different from the position I applied. I started asking questions, and basically the dude wanted me to be an inventory manager (a job that made 55k to 60k at best) ... it did not have any direct reports and it was basically case counting job. I stated that I applied for the operations manager position and not the job he was asking me questions about, he said "that position was temp closed". I said Ok!!!

So, the same way he wasted my time I started to waste his. I started sounding ignorant and asking the dumbest questions.

MF started rolling his eyes and you can visibly see, he was pissed and wasting his time.

He proceeded to ask me stupid questions like " have you ever dealt with such a high inventory turnover" ... i told him no, not really, I was just applying for the operations position ... i just want to dirext traffic.

If he would of have bother to read the resume and my qualifications.. he would of have seen that I was the GM of a distributor with 9 to 15k pieces 3x a week off peek and 30 to 40k 3x a week during peek season. A much larger box store with about 50 million more in annual gross sales. I had a shrinkage of .02% which left me at 99.8% accuracy.

The ****ing job was for an entry level dude not a person that was equipped to be the operations manager.

A few years later during an event, we met and talked and he was dumbfounded that i was running a rival company which had a 12% growth year over year for the 3 years I was running the company.

I told him flat out, you wasted my time so I wasted yours.

Last edited:
I get ignorant during interviews too.

Sucks because I want a life outside of work but I’m going to have to take a huge pay cut. Like several thousand a week pay cut. No other jobs are even in the same ball park.

When I was young I applied for a managerial position in a brewing company. The job i went dor was clearing 100k ... when I got there and I started asking questions, the dude wanted me to be an inventory manager (a job that made 55 yo 60k at best) ... no direct reports and it was basically counting cases of liquor. I asked that's not the job I applied, he then said ... that one was temp close. Ok!!! The same way they wasted my time I wasted theirs. I started sounding mad ignorant and asking the dumbest questions.

MF started rolling his eye and you can tell he was pissed he was wasting his time.

He asked me have you ever dealt with such a high inventory turnover ... i was like not really.

If he would of have bother to read the resume and my qualifications.. he would of have have seen that I was the GM of a distributor with 9 to 15k pieces 3x a week off peek and 30 to 40k 3x a week pieces during peek times. With a shrinkage of .02% which left me at 99.8% accuracy.

The ****ing job was for an entry level dude not a person that was equip to be the operations manager.

A few years later during an event we met and talked and he was dumbfounded that i was running a rival company which had a 12% growth year over year for the 3 years I was running the company.

I told him flat out, you wasted my time so I wasted yours.
Yup, you match how u type lol. Nah, you with the bizness. I can respect it

Back
Top Bottom