Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Yup, you match how u type lol. Nah, you with the bizness. I can respect it
Perhaps ... i did get the interview so ...

At the end of the day, many of jobs and businesses after ... one thing remains the same. Performance talk .. everything else is BS. That's why you hire a good lawyer or have a good HR department, they tale care of all the correspondence. That's the biggeat misconception people expecially Americans have .. you grammar is bad ot you have a heavy accent, you must be dumb.

I guess ... no sweat.

Wife just walked off her job today. :lol:

She was a union painter apprentice. Union is trash, dues go up the more you make and they are totally worthless.

She was running her own jobs making 60% of full scale fixing all the journeymens f ups and dealing directly with the job sups so she asked for full scale since she’s doing more than a journey man. They said nope. So she left. :lol:

Apprentices used to have to work with people but the trash union changed it so they can do full scale work at half the price. Plus the pay sucked.

Called my old boss and going back to my old job which I should have never left next paving season.

It’s a tiny company so I have to wait for this dude to retire and I’m taking his spot.

I left to chase money but it’s not worth it in the end. My old job actually treated you like a human and if you wanted to take a week off mid paving season they’d say have fun see you in a week. 👋

I paid off all my debt but my mortgage with this job so I won’t even feel the pay cut.

OPMEventFlyer-Rev2.jpg

I was given this so I'm passing it on. Tomorrow. Wear a suit and bring resumes. Good luck my friends.

Yeah i'm thinking of taking something that pays more and is probably worse than my current to bulldoze some debts but i'm hesitant.

Yeah, I mean i got what I needed out of it but I don’t really like what the job turned me into. I have to constantly say no a and be a total d head or else I’m stuck working 20 hours a day which is unsafe as hell.

Go for it if you need the money and always have a backup plan so you can leave.

I start my new job on Monday... had my last day yesterday at my current job... The original job offer that I accepted that had inferior benefits I was supposed to start tomorrow... But I told them yesterday I am declining that job... they offered 2500 more for me to stay but I still said nope because the benefits are not even close to the job Im starting on Monday

I start my new job on Monday... had my last day yesterday at my current job... The original job offer that I accepted that had inferior benefits I was supposed to start tomorrow... But I told them yesterday I am declining that job... they offered 2500 more for me to stay but I still said nope because the benefits are not even close to the job Im starting on Monday
What are the benefits comparison.

What are the benefits comparison.
The job I originally accepted that would start tomorrow but declined
10 PTO days 6 holidays
2-3% raise every year and bonus every year
health insurance after 6 months
401k after 1 year

The job I accepted and will start on Monday
3 miles less of a commute
22 PTO days 14 holidays
2-3% raise every year bonus 5-10% every year
Health insurance and 401k after 1 month
Catered lunch 3 times a week
Also the company is bigger has more revenue and the office in general is nicer

Another turn off besides the inferior benefits and shady looking office was the company in general had way too many rules and regulations... like they had docusign forms for internet use and cell phone use...just sounded too strict for my liking... im not a slacker or anything but if I need to use the internet or phone I dont want to be reprimanded for doing so

The job I originally accepted that would start tomorrow but declined
10 PTO days 6 holidays
2-3% raise every year and bonus every year
health insurance after 6 months
401k after 1 year

The job I accepted and will start on Monday
3 miles less of a commute
22 PTO days 14 holidays
2-3% raise every year bonus 5-10% every year
Health insurance and 401k after 1 month
Catered lunch 3 times a week
Also the company is bigger has more revenue and the office in general is nicer

Another turn off besides the inferior benefits and shady looking office was the company in general had way too many rules and regulations... like they had docusign forms for internet use and cell phone use...just sounded too strict for my liking... im not a slacker or anything but if I need to use the internet or phone I dont want to be reprimanded for doing so
Wth do you do?

If that 1st company sounded attractive, Id hate to hear what were gour benefits at your old job.

Those benefits are terrible and def entry level position **** ... **** me.

^ the salary was 21k more than my current job... thats why I considered it...but thankfully the other job hit me up a week later with an offer lol... talk about good luck and timing

I’m lucky, I just have to show up for an interview talk for 10 minutes and my benefits just come with me job to job so I never have to switch insurance or retirement or anything.

Nobody does all that bs in my field.

Left my previous job of 11 years to start a new one with many obstacles upon being hired. I've manage push through and got it..

Been at my new job for 3 months now and love everything about it.

Pros:

Work / life balance is insane. Stress free. More time for my wife and kid

Higher salary

Beefed up resume.

Gyms in site.

Company child care assistance program

Option to work from home.

No start time- no clocking in.
Flexible hours (at my own time)

College Campus style work place vs factory assembly line manufacturing.

Free equipment ( phones, headphones, laptops, backpacks... Etc.

Starbucks on site
Cafeterias on site.

Lots of training
Can drive golf carts around since the place is huge.

15 minute commute (30 mins total) VS 45 mins + 2 hours commute back through Los Angeles traffic. Totaling over 3 hours commute

Employer contribution- 403b plan at 5% .. (increases depends on years employed) I've seen as high as 15-20% which is insanity.

Employee Voluntary plan.

all federal holiday day off ( non federal employee.)

tons of sick/vacation/personal days off.

9/80 schedule.

allowed to leave campus anytime to finish work at home or personal or lunch leave.

Get to meet smart and professional people.
Learn new things.
See amazing things.

There are more to list . But I'll stop here.

By far a dream job.. I define it as when work doesn't feel like work.

CONS:

0 so far.

The Rover is a 3-D model . (Not sure if I can post the actual Rovers up so close)
PXL_20220824_190131117.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220614_203837479.jpg
PXL_20220613_150216940.jpg

Last edited:
Left my previous job of 11 years to start a new one with many obstacles upon being hired. I've manage push through and got it..

Been at my new job for 3 months now and love everything about it.

Pros:

Work / life balance is insane. Stress free. More time for my wife and kid

Higher salary

Beefed up resume.

Gyms in site.

Company child care assistance program

Option to work from home.

No start time- no clocking in.
Flexible hours (at my own time)

College Campus style work place vs factory assembly line manufacturing.

Free equipment ( phones, headphones, laptops, backpacks... Etc.

Starbucks on site
Cafeterias on site.

Lots of training
Can drive golf carts around since the place is huge.

15 minute commute (30 mins total) VS 45 mins + 2 hours commute back through Los Angeles traffic. Totaling over 3 hours commute

Employer contribution- 403b plan at 5% .. (increases depends on years employed) I've seen as high as 15-20% which is insanity.

Employee Voluntary plan.

all federal holiday day off ( non federal employee.)

tons of sick/vacation/personal days off.

9/80 schedule.

allowed to leave campus anytime to finish work at home or personal or lunch leave.

Get to meet smart and professional people.
Learn new things.
See amazing things.

There are more to list . But I'll stop here.

By far a dream job.. I define it as when work doesn't feel like work.

CONS:

0 so far.

Lol man I was readin all the pros like damn I dont think the cons are coming at all :lol: super happy for you man. My job just hit me with a 14% raise.....def didnt see that coming, but I will still be looking elsewhere for a new job. I want to feel about my next endeavor the way you do yours. What youre feeling/experiencing lot of people dont get so Im hoping to get like you asap. Congrats and enjoiy your new life!

Lol man I was readin all the pros like damn I dont think the cons are coming at all :lol: super happy for you man. My job just hit me with a 14% raise.....def didnt see that coming, but I will still be looking elsewhere for a new job. I want to feel about my next endeavor the way you do yours. What youre feeling/experiencing lot of people dont get so Im hoping to get like you asap. Congrats and enjoiy your new life!

:lol: the pros could've went on and on. Like chair massages on site. :pimp:

Thanks man.. greatly appreciate the comment.. hoping that you land something soon and get the same feeling. As we get older, a job that offers little to no stress and that offers an excellent work/life balance is key..

I've recently received new jobs offers I didn't even apply for from a few big companies with a higher salary offer.. I turned them all down just due work life balance and commute.

Congrats on the 14% raise.. companies needs to start waking up, that there's always another place to offer their employees more pay.

Good luck on the job hunt bro! Wishing you the best. 🙏

I don’t get it. At the end of the day he’s still just applying to the jobs via some form. He might as well just apply through LinkedIn. Recruiters from most mainstream companies actively use it and will definitely review you as a candidate if you’re a good fit for the posting. It’s literally the easiest part of their job.

I'm only in week 2 in my job and I already know this is my best job yet and I have absolutely no desire to leave...with that being said theres a few things I'm salty about but I don't think I should bring it up in my 30 day interview what yall think? Nothing crazy but theres been a ton of new hires about 5-10 including me this month... we have a intranet page that has all the information company directory and a section of new hires both of which I am not on... Im not going to lie I'm kinda offended because it makes me feel like I'm not part of the company...not sure I want to bring it up and have that negative energy around me especially when I am new lol...But other than that I am genuinely happy... the office looks nice including my desk, free lunch 2x a week even though its kosher food, free fruit, not stressful work, close to my house, great benefits in general and the PTO and holidays are generous to say the least...the other thing I don't like too is the people there are not friendly... I don't know if this is a normal thing in a big company but the company I left which was a smaller company the people there were much more friendlier... other than that the job/company is good money

I don’t know anyone at my job except maybe 20 people at a company of 300.

They also have never once mentioned me in the new hire things or any type of thanks.

I just lay low personally, I don’t hang out with anyone but my supervisor and 5 other co workers in the shop. My supervisor has no authority over me so it’s not weird.

Back
Top Bottom