Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

anyone an engineer and working? if so what is the name of your company can are they hiring? im electrical...can I use you as ref?

Originally Posted by sreggie101

anyone an engineer and working? if so what is the name of your company can are they hiring? im electrical...can I use you as ref?

dogg look up a few post.

Add my name to the list..just got laid off from my teaching job due to low enrollment..I expected the end..but it's a blessing in disguise because now I get to finish my graduate degree in Special Education..and collect my unemployment with ease
pimp.gif

However..I have always been lookin for a Social Studies/Special ed. job for the past two years so I wasn't too disappointed..just sucks because I wanted to leave on my own terms and not there's ya know what i mean?

I have an interview for a teaching assistant position with an Autistic program on Tuesday..but the pay for teaching assistants is horrible..and I know i would have to get a second or third job to make what I did last year..so I applied to Best Buy..and Best Buy called me back yesterday requestin an interview
laugh.gif
..I do have over 5 years of customer service experience..so that could b my second job if I get this teaching assistant position..

How much does Best Buy pay sales associates outta curiosity?

Just out of curiosity...are the people posting in this thread that have received minimum wage to $10-11 per hour job offers college graduates?

I graduated in 2008 with a bachelor's. Been working since then full time @ $13.00/hr. up until recently. Now it seems as though all I can find is measly $10.00/hr jobs. Have any college grads swallowed their pride and worked for $10 or under?

Wow $10 an hour for a college grad is ruthless. Graduated '09 and making way more than that, depends on your field. Try contracting jobs or temp-to-perm.

Flew out to NY for an interview to be told they don't have time to train me...

About to head back to the bay area and start looking...already filled out an application to be a sperm donor as a last resort
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

I AM AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEER AS WELL AND WORKING.

SEE MY POST ABOVE YOURS AND PM ME.

MY JOB IS ALSO LOOKING FOR ENTRY LEVEL ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ENGINEERS AS WELL.

This may have already been answered, but has anyone been given a good job through a career advisor or job agency? There is one about 30 min away from my house and I was thinking about going there to see if they could help me out. I need a job but I'm not trying to work retail

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Just out of curiosity...are the people posting in this thread that have received minimum wage to $10-11 per hour job offers college graduates?

I graduated in 2008 with a bachelor's. Been working since then full time @ $13.00/hr. up until recently. Now it seems as though all I can find is measly $10.00/hr jobs. Have any college grads swallowed their pride and worked for $10 or under?
laugh.gif
 no I refuse

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This may have already been answered, but has anyone been given a good job through a career advisor or job agency? There is one about 30 min away from my house and I was thinking about going there to see if they could help me out. I need a job but I'm not trying to work retail

This is my personal opinion, but I hate, hate job (staffing) agencies. They take way too big of a cut of your salary, and when you work you're working for them and not the company that you're working for.
I guess it's not a bad idea to check it out, but just be sure to listen carefully and make sure they're not robbing you of your salary.

If you need a gig that bad then go for it but like acidicality said, they take a huge chunk of your wages. They work on commission so they'll literally give you anything. If you aren't willing to take what they offer, they become more hostile and unwilling to work with you from what I've experienced.

Originally Posted by acidicality

This is my personal opinion, but I hate, hate job (staffing) agencies. They take way too big of a cut of your salary, and when you work you're working for them and not the company that you're working for.
I guess it's not a bad idea to check it out, but just be sure to listen carefully and make sure they're not robbing you of your salary.

I figured this was the case
ohwell.gif
Thanks for the info man. I'll stop by and discuss with them how much they plan on taking out of my check.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

dog... the lady came back tryna hire you.  You should have spoken up and said... you're interested but you want a day to consider the offer because you have an interview with nordstorm and the start pay is xxxxxx.  then ask her if they could have paid 9-10 an hour since you have experience and what not.  what is your aim as far as pay?  7.25 is wack.

I know. I prob should have went about that differently. and yea 7.25 is wack. the only way I would even consider working a job that paid 7.25 is if I was getting a lot of hours. honestly, I'm not looking for much. if I could even find a job that paid like 8.50 I would be happy

dont trip i woulda done and same thing.  if u feel like trolling... call sears back up and say u had to take a dookie.. or something came up and u had to run out.  and just say by the time u came back nobody was there.

do you have a degree?  if u dont u should consider buying one online.  get a print out and just bring that to interviews.  i would aim for bookkeeping jobs since they don't care much for degrees.  just act like u know how to do some bookkeeping and say u have 1-2 experience (google some words so u can fool the person) and bam.. start pay for bookkeepers is like 10 and can go up to 15-20 an hour

is this common lol
eek.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
smokin.gif

Had my second interview with Apple on Wednesday. They got back to me Friday for another interview tomo. I hope all goes well. Happy I made it this far

Back
Top Bottom