Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Present.

I've had 3 interview this year for decent paying jobs, went through all the necessary steps to get hired, only to be told at the end that they had picked someone else.

All three jobs could've been turned into careers at the company, and the lowest paying job was like 14 and some change an hour. :smh:

My lack of work/income is starting to be detrimental...
damb yo, same here not that 14 an hour amount but highest wouldve started me off at 10 an hour. all jobs coulda lead to possible career paths as well except at best buy. I'm trying to not be discouraged and keep trying to search around but things are looking real grim. I feel I have the credentials, determination, and enthusiasm to work anywhere, I'm just not being given the opportunity to and I really don't wanna resort to like stocking groceries or being a server at a restaurant again...anyhow keep your head up fam, things will fall in place for us in the future hopefully sometime soon.

Last edited:
Man, just yesterday I had a group interview which is step 2 of 4 to get hired for this position. Starting pay for this position is 15.86, , and not to sound pessimistic but I don't have my hopes all high. Interview went well, but we'll see if they call me back for step 3...

I probably have the longest "unemployed" tenure here. It's all JUST hitting me though, at the same time... :frown:

damb yo, same here not that 14 an hour amount but highest wouldve started me off at 10 an hour. all jobs coulda lead to possible career paths as well except at best buy. I'm trying to not be discouraged and keep trying to search around but things are looking real grim. I feel I have the credentials, determination, and enthusiasm to work anywhere, I'm just not being given the opportunity to and I really don't wanna resort to like stocking groceries or being a server at a restaurant again...anyhow keep your head up fam, things will fall in place for us in the future hopefully sometime soon.
I feel the same way too as far as not given the opportunity. I'm currently working now but the place where i'm at I don't see myself working there long-term so I've been searching for new jobs and so far its not looking too good. Every job I've applied to say that my background and experience doesn't match up with the job description for the position:smh: I know I can do the work just give me a chance. Filling out apps is a job in itself too. My next step is going the temp agency route and see whats up.

I feel the same way too as far as not given the opportunity. I'm currently working now but the place where i'm at I don't see myself working there long-term so I've been searching for new jobs and so far its not looking too good. Every job I've applied to say that my background and experience doesn't match up with the job description for the position:smh: I know I can do the work just give me a chance. Filling out apps is a job in itself too. My next step is going the temp agency route and see whats up.

Word!!! Some of these damn applications be like 40-60 minutes long to fill out and not even get a courtesy call back... :smh:

The worse is when you go apply somewhere and they all say apply online smh

Last edited by a moderator:
I got laid off APRIL 26, 2012. Got a wife and two lil girls to support. Registered with 12 temp agencies, and applied to at least 30 jobs per day like it was my job (between CT and NY) Got about 6-8 great interviews that lead nowhere. I been put on 'waiting lists' ( didn't know that existed ), been put on by ppl already working at some of these companies, even got called back for 2nd interviews, all nothing. I just kept at it. ( from time to time polishing my resume and sharpening my interview skills)........ Finally, I started my new job APRIL 1, 2013st! MY UNEMPLOYMENT EXPIRED APRIL 2nd!!!!! (The pay is decent, nothing great but my fam and I can live at our normal level now. Its has HUGE growth potential, and ices my resume for the future. Its literally 3 min from the crib, so I go home on my hour lunch break).....

I used to easily think up soooo many different crooked ways to get large sums of money, but that wasn't what I wanted. I just wanted to work for what I have, like a normal citizen. Spent so many nights fighting these thoughts.....

No matter how frustrating, aggravating, confusing, draining, agonizing, exhausting, depressing, annoying, difficult your search is, DO NOT STOP! Its either your will or theirs. You against the world and when the world tells you no, DO NOT LET IT FASE YOU. Failing 100x is worth succeeding once. KEEP GOING AFTER IT! You only lose when you stop.

VICTORY ISN'T GIVEN, ITS TAKEN.

Last edited:
my bros do what you can to get a cdl, you will never be without a job. if you live in texas i know the oil feild is booming right now, an if you live out of state still apply some companies will house you. If you dont mind being away from home for a couple of weeks try to work offshore on an oil rig. its hard work but most start at 30 an hour then your get overtime after that my pops did that whne i was a kid and he was getting 2300 a week in the 90's. Also try to look into the railroad industry a lot of people are retireing and not enough bodes to fill those slots. i know they arent the most glam jobs out there and are not what you signed up for when you got your degree but most of those gigs have corporate positions of office work as well. 

i put an app in at 3 companies tuesday and got 3 calls back for oilfeild work in texas san antonio area. all start at 65k a year or better and dont require a degree in anything and will lead to more $ with experince along with advanceing within the company

Last edited:
I got laid off APRIL 26, 2012. Got a wife and two lil girls to support. Registered with 12 temp agencies, and applied to at least 30 jobs per day like it was my job (between CT and NY) Got about 6-8 great interviews that lead nowhere. I been put on 'waiting lists' ( didn't know that existed ), been put on by ppl already working at some of these companies, even got called back for 2nd interviews, all nothing. I just kept at it. ( from time to time polishing my resume and sharpening my interview skills)........ Finally, I started my new job APRIL 1, 2013st! MY UNEMPLOYMENT EXPIRED APRIL 2nd!!!!! (The pay is decent, nothing great but my fam and I can live at our normal level now. Its has HUGE growth potential, and ices my resume for the future. Its literally 3 min from the crib, so I go home on my hour lunch break).....

I used to easily think up soooo many different crooked ways to get large sums of money, but that wasn't what I wanted. I just wanted to work for what I have, like a normal citizen. Spent so many nights fighting these thoughts.....

No matter how frustrating, aggravating, confusing, draining, agonizing, exhausting, depressing, annoying, difficult your search is, DO NOT STOP! Its either your will or theirs. You against the world and when the world tells you no, DO NOT LET IT FASE YOU. Failing 100x is worth succeeding once. KEEP GOING AFTER IT! You only lose when you stop.

Congrats on the new job!!!

I'm Not umemplyed but definitely seeking new employment because of radical changes at my job.., ready for something new

my bros do what you can to get a cdl, you will never be without a job. if you live in texas i know the oil feild is booming right now, an if you live out of state still apply some companies will house you. If you dont mind being away from home for a couple of weeks try to work offshore on an oil rig. its hard work but most start at 30 an hour then your get overtime after that my pops did that whne i was a kid and he was getting 2300 a week in the 90's. Also try to look into the railroad industry a lot of people are retireing and not enough bodes to fill those slots. i know they arent the most glam jobs out there and are not what you signed up for when you got your degree but most of those gigs have corporate positions of office work as well. 

i put an app in at 3 companies tuesday and got 3 calls back for oilfeild work in texas san antonio area. all start at 65k a year or better and dont require a degree in anything and will lead to more $ with experince along with advanceing within the company

Please PM me any info u have... I'm in Houston but would not mind the 2.5 hr drive on weekends back to Houston if I'm making that much...

forgot to come in and say i called and had an interview today, was told if i dont get a call next friday they hired others, i feel terrible about the interview i talked way to much all out of being so nervous

I wouldn't worry about the talking too much part, I had an interview a couple weeks back and talked way too little because I was nervous and didn't know what to say. My answer pretty much came out like this, "uhhhhhhh (crickets)."

anyone have any good UPDATED RESUME templates? I feel like my resume template is outdated style wise.

Last edited:
I need help ya'll, 19 turning 20 at the end of May and trying to get my first job. I know it's too old to be trying to get my first job but still. 
mean.gif

Good **** homie, specially since u have a family to feed. :nthat:

It's time I start looking for a new job. I can't progress my career any further with the company I currently work for.

HTG Designs, I appreciate those words of encouragement. I get frustrated so easily whenever I start looking for other opportunities.

I'm looking for a new job too, my current job is cool...but i need to make more money, and actually start in the direction of a possible career not just a job...

Everybody keep your heads up tho and just keep applying

Had a interview last week that was really odd. I came in (early), met with the woman from HR, she talked to me for about 3 mins, asked me two questions about my resume. Asked me what questions I had...and that was it.

The actual "interview" only lasted 8-10 mins at most. I feel like they just had me come in to see what I looked like, trying not to be a "conspiracy brotha" tho :lol:

Had a interview last week that was really odd. I came in (early), met with the woman from HR, she talked to me for about 3 mins, asked me two questions about my resume. Asked me what questions I had...and that was it.

The actual "interview" only lasted 8-10 mins at most. I feel like they just had me come in to see what I looked like, trying not to be a "conspiracy brotha" tho
laugh.gif
did ask any salary questions? and did you get the job or what?

Just got a certification in VA for armed security...I have no experience what so ever in the field except for the classes...anybody have any tips or experiences with armed or unarmed security in VA or any where else? im applying to a bunch of places but it seems like they are looking for people with experience

The interview with the company was thru a temp agency im with so the pay/salary is really nonnegotiable (14/hr).

Didn't say if I got they job, just said they had other people to "interview" and they'd be in contact.

Sent a thank you letter/email after the interview so hopefully that helps.

The interview with the company was thru a temp agency im with so the pay/salary is really nonnegotiable (14/hr).

Didn't say if I got they job, just said they had other people to "interview" and they'd be in contact.

I see.  I was thinking... I heard that companies tend to keep the interview short if you ask too much salary for the position.

Always asking questions at interviews even if you think it's not a good question. I've found that questions show your interest in the gig. If you don't ask questions then they may assume your interest in the position is minimal.

The actual "interview" only lasted 8-10 mins at most. I feel like they just had me come in to see what I looked like, trying not to be a "conspiracy brotha" tho :lol:

I agree with this somewhat. I've seen a lot of jobs that require LinkedIn or Facebook.

well let me reiterate for those in need and are desperate  enough for work making about 60-80k for entry level work look into the oil field. Its physical labor and long hours but you can honestly make 1500-3200 a week and with new findings of brand new untapped land in texas there is going to be a huge boom. 

Back
Top Bottom