Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Has anybody here worked for Whole Foods? I had an interview with them yesterday, it was my first since December and I was nervous as hell.

I think I messed up, especially when they asked me if I knew what there core values were. I didn't do my research beforehand and I had no idea what they were
. :frown:
Just checked my email and I got the job!!!!! ******g ecstatic bros :D :D :D :D

my mom works for the jewel osco bakery, shes only supposed to work about 12 hours a week just like every one else but she works 30+ hours a week so maybe whole foods will be like that for you

im gonna apply to be an aldi cashier $13 an hour ive got alot of stores in my area so HOPEFULLY i can at least get one interview and HOPEFULLY a f$*#king job, i am losing my mind

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]since ive bee getting a lot of pm about my post about the oil feild and who to apply with this is alittle list that will take on entry level workers that start out at about 50k-85k a year. Yeah it is hard work but the benefits cant be beat, most companies you work 14 days on and 7 days off which you get paid for. I think most are starting at 15-18 an hour than time and a half after 40 alot of crews get that 65-96 hour week the reason you get so many hours are due to staging and waiting. the shortest day will be about 12 hours but there are 24-36 hour jobs some time where you sleep on site in camps and you get paid for every second your away from home. Then in no particular order Pumpco, universal, go frac, weatherford, performance technologies, nabors, trican, sanjel, bayou well services, cj energy, compass well services , [/font][color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Haliburton, Schlumberger, Baker, FracTech... look for operator postions for those trying to get into entry level work. if you have a degree skim through some of the positions that match your degree. cementing, fracing, equipment operator, general [/color][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]labor, crew hand, derrick worker, and driver if you have a cdl are what you are looking for. i hope this helps some people out [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]also look at rig zone.com its like a jobboard for the oil industry as well i think theres like 5000 openings in the u.s. so hopefully somebody that really needs it can get in .[/font]

Last edited:
my mom works for the jewel osco bakery, shes only supposed to work about 12 hours a week just like every one else but she works 30+ hours a week so maybe whole foods will be like that for you

im gonna apply to be an aldi cashier $13 an hour ive got alot of stores in my area so HOPEFULLY i can at least get one interview and HOPEFULLY a f$*#king job, i am losing my mind
i feel your pain ive been going to all these damn job interviews and getting no callback plus im sick with a cold. i feel like im about to go insane yo, its wearing me out but hopefully something good looks up for you fam. stay up homie!

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]since ive bee getting a lot of pm about my post about the oil feild and who to apply with this is alittle list that will take on entry level workers that start out at about 50k-85k a year. Yeah it is hard work but the benefits cant be beat, most companies you work 14 days on and 7 days off which you get paid for. I think most are starting at 15-18 an hour than time and a half after 40 alot of crews get that 65-96 hour week the reason you get so many hours are due to staging and waiting. the shortest day will be about 12 hours but there are 24-36 hour jobs some time where you sleep on site in camps and you get paid for every second your away from home. Then in no particular order Pumpco, universal, go frac, weatherford, performance technologies, nabors, trican, sanjel, bayou well services, cj energy, compass well services , [/font][color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Haliburton, Schlumberger, Baker, FracTech... look for operator postions for those trying to get into entry level work. if you have a degree skim through some of the positions that match your degree. cementing, fracing, equipment operator, general [/color][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]labor, crew hand, derrick worker, and driver if you have a cdl are what you are looking for. i hope this helps some people out [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]also look at rig zone.com its like a jobboard for the oil industry as well i think theres like 5000 openings in the u.s. so hopefully somebody that really needs it can get in .[/font]
thanks bruh.  theres only a few industries that are real good.. oil and gas is one of them.

finally got a callback after an interview. went through amc's interview process yesterday and got a callback for employment today. i decided to accept since they said it'll be flexible on my hours only problem now is im 23...idk if thats weird or not for me to be working there :rolleyes i'm aware that it is a job for younger adults like fresh outta high school kids or something idk..

Checked up on a interview I did last week, I was told by the recruiter "you were the best candidate, but you were too quiet" :stoneface:

They only gave me 10 minutes to interview what the F does that even mean man? I wish they'd just be straight up and say I'm too young or I'm not the right color because I'm starting to think that's what it is.

Sorry to vent, but I hate bull like that. You don't hire the "best" candidate for an office job because they're "too quiet"? I could understand if it was sales, but I didn't know you needed to be loud and outgoing to push papers and schedule meetings.

*End rant *

Checked up on a interview I did last week, I was told by the recruiter "you were the best candidate, but you were too quiet" :stoneface:

They only gave me 10 minutes to interview what the F does that even mean man? I wish they'd just be straight up and say I'm too young or I'm not the right color because I'm starting to think that's what it is.

Sorry to vent, but I hate bull like that. You don't hire the "best" candidate for an office job because they're "too quiet"? I could understand if it was sales, but I didn't know you needed to be loud and outgoing to push papers and schedule meetings.

*End rant *

I had a similar situation. Did a typing test for a county position, typed 61wpm and was the number 1 candidate but I didn't get the position. They claim somebody else mustve had more experience:stoneface: and they'll keep my application on file for a year. :smh:

I need to get out of Pittsburgh, everything here is so shady and disgusting.

I have a p/t job now but my boss is on a power trip and plays w/ the hours because he can. Just got offered another p/t gig as a cook for Eat 'N Park so I guess that can supplement my income. Hopefully w/ this gig I can get 40+ hour all together.

I'm praying everything turns around bc I'm slowly gettin pissed and might haul off and fade my boss for actin like a lil punk.

Had to settle for a crap Macy's job with horrible pay and stupid dress code for a stock associate . Might not even show up and take my chances being a trapstar lol

Had to settle for a crap Macy's job with horrible pay and stupid dress code for a stock associate . Might not even show up and take my chances being a trapstar lol
:smokin jk fam :lol: get that legitimate cash man. i got hired at amc and i'm 23 im assuming im gonna make minimum wage but a jobs a job :rolleyes once i save up around 5-6k and cop my car i'm outta there. stick through it man.

:smokin jk fam :lol: get that legitimate cash man. i got hired at amc and i'm 23 im assuming im gonna make minimum wage but a jobs a job :rolleyes once i save up around 5-6k and cop my car i'm outta there. stick through it man.
while you're there, continue to look for work. Something better may come.

i woke up ate some breakfast and got around to going to all the aldi's to apply....first one i goto told me they arent hiring even though the ad i saw had that store posted was from 2 days ago they told me to goto a different one on the other side of town, that store had a hiring sign outside and a lady told me they weren't hiring there either, but are accepting applications saturday at that store for the area :rolleyes this is the second time this week ive gone somewhere to follow up on a lead and it was false, ive never wanted to give up more

EDIT:

kickstart or anyone how does that focus group site work, ive never done a focus group before ive only seen them on tv

Last edited:
^ does anyone here work or know someone who works for aldis?
I've seen there stuff oncraiglist.. And I am qualified for there supervisor position..
Was thinking bout going in there..
Nvr worked Ina grocery store tho..

^ does anyone here work or know someone who works for aldis?
I've seen there stuff oncraiglist.. And I am qualified for there supervisor position..
Was thinking bout going in there..
Nvr worked Ina grocery store tho..

I miiiiiiiiiiight be a district manager for Aldi in my real life...might.

while you're there, continue to look for work. Something better may come.
if i find something better should i just dip out? would it look bad on a resume if i stayed there for a short amount of time? i was gonna try to stick through it for at least a year :rolleyes well as long as i need to, to cop a car around 6k amount and go.

if i find something better should i just dip out? would it look bad on a resume if i stayed there for a short amount of time? i was gonna try to stick through it for at least a year :rolleyes well as long as i need to, to cop a car around 6k amount and go.
Yea. Nobody can blame you for taking a job for more money, just give a two weeks notice. If its a really short time, I would just leave it off the resume.

finally got a callback after an interview. went through amc's interview process yesterday and got a callback for employment today. i decided to accept since they said it'll be flexible on my hours only problem now is im 23...idk if thats weird or not for me to be working there
eyes.gif
i'm aware that it is a job for younger adults like fresh outta high school kids or something idk..
Since when is it weird to work at amc at 23?

Since when is it weird to work at amc at 23?

I mean it sucks seeing people having fun while your working. I worked at Regal Cinemas in HS and during the Holidays of my 1st year of college. There were people in their 30s working there. Its an easy job if you work Box OFfice, Concession sucks but is fast paced so time flies, and cleaning theaters is easy.

its a movie theater job bro :lol: who cares if you're there for a short time. I would understand if you wanted to stay for a year at a job that has something to do with your career so that you can get some experience, but a movie theater? nah.

Back
Top Bottom