Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

You may know someone interested.

Sharing a great opportunity!
The FAA will be hiring Air Traffic Controllers soon. Applications open June 24-27. so if u know some young folks between 18-30 tell them to go to www.faa.gov/be-atc
Salary range between $103-164k. Paid training and school.
And an extra side note: the FAA will train, has great benefits and is looking for people of color. Praying in advance that this will be a blessing to someone.
Enjoy the day!

Good loooooooks

applying for jobs suck. but no matter what guys just keep grinding away. even when on the days you not feeling it, go ahead and just keep pushin them applications. Something is gonna hit for sure man.
Defff needed this. Current job is in a toxic, unethical spot rn and with a baby on the way I need to re-establish myself.

Good loooooooks

Defff needed this. Current job is in a toxic, unethical spot rn and with a baby on the way I need to re-establish myself.

Congrats! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and birth as wel!

Similar situation myself, toxic environment with a lot of dumb demands, with child on the way. We went WFH for like 18 months so I was somewhat away from that environment physically so it was a temporary relief. Baby boy was born, we got called back into office and its the same ol same smh. Wishing I wouldve gotten out earlier but Im on the grind now more than ever.

Do what you can to get up outta there asap, cuz take it from me, having a baby and going into a toxic/negative atmosphere day in and day out is the worst. I found myself bringin home that negative cloud from the workplace, or just constantly thinking about things that needed to be done work wise and it wasnt fair to the kiddo and wife. Best of luck on your search my man I hope you get outta there soon! 🙏🏾

I got several raises in the past calendar years time that equates to about a 7.5 percent raise. Still not happy. Have asked for more money a few times and have been told “I’m on track to move up” and I need to look at the big picture and not just focus on right now.

I also get a 3 percent pension contribution without me contributing at all, and then 4 percent match on my 401k. Not a lot of companies still do pensions, so I figure if I move to another job for a pay raise, but lose the pension, that it may not be worth it at the moment. Plus I got some time before I’m vested.

Congrats! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and birth as wel!

Similar situation myself, toxic environment with a lot of dumb demands, with child on the way. We went WFH for like 18 months so I was somewhat away from that environment physically so it was a temporary relief. Baby boy was born, we got called back into office and its the same ol same smh. Wishing I wouldve gotten out earlier but Im on the grind now more than ever.

Do what you can to get up outta there asap, cuz take it from me, having a baby and going into a toxic/negative atmosphere day in and day out is the worst. I found myself bringin home that negative cloud from the workplace, or just constantly thinking about things that needed to be done work wise and it wasnt fair to the kiddo and wife. Best of luck on your search my man I hope you get outta there soon! 🙏🏾
Appreciate you dawg!

received a job offer 3 weeks ago for what I could easily say was my dream job, or at least dream company. accepted it, but they do hair follicle testing. bought all the specialized shampoos to help out but to no avail. got word I did not pass the test today. Im upset, but honestly not as mad as I imagined I would be. Im big on accountability and I brought it upon myself. More so relieved because the last 3 weeks preparing and then waiting for results put a strain on me mentally. The search continues....

received a job offer 3 weeks ago for what I could easily say was my dream job, or at least dream company. accepted it, but they do hair follicle testing. bought all the specialized shampoos to help out but to no avail. got word I did not pass the test today. Im upset, but honestly not as mad as I imagined I would be. Im big on accountability and I brought it upon myself. More so relieved because the last 3 weeks preparing and then waiting for results put a strain on me mentally. The search continues....

😖😖 hair follicle is so extra. Keep pushing G

In this spot now unfortunately.
Taking a computer front end engineering course now so hopefully it pays off

My boy goes out and gets job offers with the pay in writing and shows it to his boss and says pay me that or I’m gone. He’s been at that job 7 years and doubled his pay.

Something tells me that wouldn’t fly in corporate America though.
It does. I've gotten not only salary increases to match the offer, but also retention bonuses for 10k and above saying I won't leave for at least a year.

REALLY LONG READ

So I've been applying to jobs recently... don't know if you remember my other posts... but my current job does not offer any or should I say 0 salary increases... and not only that but I was subject to some subtle racism at work...it cost me $150 by the way to get my resume done but it was well worth it...decided to send my resume out on indeed for an hour last Thursday while working from home... had 4 interviews already... 1 temp agency interviewed me it was a phone interview but a waste of time since they said the company hired someone... second phone interview the actual interview went OK at best... I just didn't do that good since I didn't get my reps in and just lack of practice lol..third and fourth interview was today and it was in person so I took off from work at my current job...

the first interview was straight grilling me asking specific questions on my job description since I had it written in a specific way from the resume writer... but I explained myself just fine..I thought the interview was 7.6/10 at best... the highlights of this company the office has really nice furniture wise and interior it looks like it was renovated or newly built...so whatever its on to the second interview

the second interview went really well... and I say that because the interview lasted for an hour and a half and my manager introduced me to almost everyone in the department...the company or office is a lot smaller, no frills so the interior is nothing special but they have fish tanks, they play music and clothes wise you can dress casual...they actually gave me an offer a few hours later... it is 16k more than my current job and it is a Manager title which I currently don't have....

the first interview they called me back for a second interview and I told them this Thursday I could talk to them since I can meet on my work from home day.... I was thinking I will take this job if the offer will increase... but I am thinking that even if the offer increases I won't have a manager title so I should just decline the second interview all together...what do yall think

So ya I have to give my current job a 2 week notice... it is going to feel so awkward... I will admit I actually like the company, my coworkers, my supervisor and the commute... but I hate that I am being really underpaid... the subtle racism is not a big deal but adds to the pile... and the biggest thing to me is the favoritism... some people there thats been there a while can work from home 24/7 or half the week meanwhile I will be lucky if I can work from home once a week... I told them my pops was in the hospital and I needed to work from home so I can visit him in the hospital everyday and its a closer drive from my house to the hospital instead of work and of course they said no because they made a big deal out of it... Should I even show them my job offer and see if they match or should I just tell them straight up I am leaving and give a 2 week notice... What do yall think

Last edited:
REALLY LONG READ

So I've been applying to jobs recently... don't know if you remember my other posts... but my current job does not offer any or should I say 0 salary increases... and not only that but I was subject to some subtle racism at work...it cost me $150 by the way to get my resume done but it was well worth it...decided to send my resume out on indeed for an hour last Thursday while working from home... had 4 interviews already... 1 temp agency interviewed me it was a phone interview but a waste of time since they said the company hired someone... second phone interview the actual interview went OK at best... I just didn't do that good since I didn't get my reps in and just lack of practice lol..third and fourth interview was today and it was in person so I took off from work at my current job...

the first interview was straight grilling me asking specific questions on my job description since I had it written in a specific way from the resume writer... but I explained myself just fine..I thought the interview was 7.6/10 at best... the highlights of this company the office has really nice furniture wise and interior it looks like it was renovated or newly built...so whatever its on to the second interview

the second interview went really well... and I say that because the interview lasted for an hour and a half and my manager introduced me to almost everyone in the department...the company or office is a lot smaller, no frills so the interior is nothing special but they have fish tanks, they play music and clothes wise you can dress casual...they actually gave me an offer a few hours later... it is 16k more than my current job and it is a Manager title which I currently don't have....

the first interview they called me back for a second interview and I told them this Thursday I could talk to them since I can meet on my work from home day.... I was thinking I will take this job if the offer will increase... but I am thinking that even if the offer increases I won't have a manager title so I should just decline the second interview all together...what do yall think

So ya I have to give my current job a 2 week notice... it is going to feel so awkward... I will admit I actually like the company, my coworkers, my supervisor and the commute... but I hate that I am being really underpaid... the subtle racism is not a big deal but adds to the pile... and the biggest thing to me is the favoritism... some people there thats been there a while can work from home 24/7 or half the week meanwhile I will be lucky if I can work from home once a week... I told them my pops was in the hospital and I needed to work from home so I can visit him in the hospital everyday and its a closer drive from my house to the hospital instead of work and of course they said no because they made a big deal out of it... Should I even show them my job offer and see if they match or should I just tell them straight up I am leaving and give a 2 week notice... What do yall think
I think its based off of this question.
Do you think your current job will eventually give you raises? If no. 2 week notice. If yes, see if they'll match or better.

And thats given that your potential jobs give raises.

REALLY LONG READ

Not sure how you like your current job when they have you capped, are racist and shaft you on benefits that are meant to increase moral and retention.

**** them!

I was you, I break it down just like you did.

I'm extremely under valued and under paid. I continue to experience racism (stated dates/specific events) and I'm force to work from the site while people with less experience and time can telework and IMO is based on the racism stated earlier.

I want a paid raise, be able to take advantage on telework and something to be done about the racisim so it wont happen ever again.

See what they say and at that point give your 2 weeks if needed.

Just quit my job today. Was making good money but needed to focus on my mental health. Work has taken a toll on me. Need to get my **** together and will look for another job in a month.

Good for you. I’m sick and tired of being over worked too. Me and my co worker and both trying to get these government gig with hella pto.

Good luck on the hunt and enjoy your time off.

Your job doesn’t own you. If you have to miss work that’s their problem not yours.

I’d have walked off the job when they said they couldn’t accommodate you seeing your dad even though you still offered to work. That’s crossing the line.
Yeah ... when a company that has the means to accommodate say **** you ... its time to kick rocks.

A good company / supervisor would make sure their employees are valued and accommodated within reason. Seems like letting him work from home wouldn’t be an issue as there are others doing it.

He might be mistaking fakeness ... boggles me that he likes the company /supervisors and co workers with everything he stated .. especially the racism which is not a big thing to him but probably the reason he's getting **** on.

I'm not ok with the racism... I'm just saying it's not the biggest reason for me to leave... if anything it pissed me off not getting a raise and not working from home when my dad was sick was much worse for me...my supervisor has very little impact in getting me a raise because the company in general is cheap... she can't even get a raise herself lol

I'm not ok with the racism... I'm just saying it's not the biggest reason for me to leave... if anything it pissed me off not getting a raise and not working from home when my dad was sick was much worse for me...my supervisor has very little impact in getting me a raise because the company in general is cheap... she can't even get a raise herself lol

Yea its definitely time to go. Im in a similar situation at my job in regards of being capped salary wise and that alone was the reason Im dippin as soon as possible. I got a family and bills and they aint gettin any cheaper any time soon so being capped aint the move. Get up outta there man.

It’s wild to me they were sweating you about the time off.

Even at my job where I cripple the whole operation doesn’t question me for not showing up. I don’t even have to give a reason.

“I can’t make it in”

“Ok we’ll be fine”

You shouldn’t have to give a reason. If you can’t work you can’t work. You aren’t a kindergartener asking for a pee pass here.

My nightlife job that I work 3 days/week is making me more money than my career job at the moment :smh:

My career job is working from home mon-fri but the pay is trash

Back
Top Bottom