Joe Budden explains "Talk to Em", New Album called "Padded Room" & Much more.......

if joey was that serious about getting his music out he should have went the kanye route, he says he not hurting so get everything together and put pressure onyour label and promote yourself. with the type of music he wants to make now he should just go independent, forget a major label, his fanbase is limited anywayand then take into account he doesn't want to do that pump it up/fire type music anymore anyway.i remember him saying that def jam doesn't thinkthere's a market for his music, although i don't necessarily agree with that completely, looking at it from their perspective it is a pretty big risk.

and i take it white boy is that same dude from run's house, right?

Originally Posted by Free The Chief

So w/o actually reading the thread, from the title I got "Joe Budden has a new album coming...despite the fact that his old-new album was never released."

laugh.gif
.. Tell me that isn't what the article is trying to say...

Joe has been said that "The Growth," was basically distributed through Mood Muzik 2 & 3.

Originally Posted by back1ntheday

if joey was that serious about getting his music out he should have went the kanye route, he says he not hurting so get everything together and put pressure on your label and promote yourself. with the type of music he wants to make now he should just go independent, forget a major label, his fanbase is limited anyway and then take into account he doesn't want to do that pump it up/fire type music anymore anyway.i remember him saying that def jam doesn't think there's a market for his music, although i don't necessarily agree with that completely, looking at it from their perspective it is a pretty big risk.

and i take it white boy is that same dude from run's house, right?

I rather him Just make MM type of music now anyway

I agree with most of what Joe said here regarding various topics...but him *****ing about Jay making music is corny. Who cares if Jay makes music and is thepresident...dude is still putting out good music. Jay and LA Reid aint stopping dudes from eating....alot of these rappers crying need to shut up and makebetter music. How come artists like Ghost (who just put out a good album) never complain about Jay? Dude just focuses and puts out good music....if moreartists focused on that instead of crying better music would be coming out. But all these artists are concerned about is publicity and promotion. 50 had a tonof promotion off of the sales battle with Kanye and dude did not sell like that. Bottom line is if people are not feeling you they just are not feelingyou...step your game up and make better music.

I agree with most of what Joe said here regarding various topics...but him *****ing about Jay making music is corny. Who cares if Jay makes music and is thepresident...dude is still putting out good music. Jay and LA Reid aint stopping dudes from eating....alot of these rappers crying need to shut up and makebetter music. How come artists like Ghost (who just put out a good album) never complain about Jay? Dude just focuses and puts out good music....if moreartists focused on that instead of crying better music would be coming out. But all these artists are concerned about is publicity and promotion. 50 had a tonof promotion off of the sales battle with Kanye and dude did not sell like that. Bottom line is if people are not feeling you they just are not feelingyou...step your game up and make better music.

^ Its not about if he's still can make good music its about his job not being done. I don't why ppl keep taking it to music. Also I'm surethere's a long line of artists on Def Jam that haven't complained YET. Joe already named some other artists who are not satisfied with how things arebeing handled when it comes to artists(artist development) and their albums. Its like you need every artist on the label to complain to see there's aproblem. Why can't you admit that maybe just maybe Ol Man Jigga isn't doing his job to his best capacity? Don't you think there might be a conflictof interest? or is this dude just perfect and everything he touches turns to gold. I can admit that a lot of these artists complaining and not complainingshould be making better music, I agree with that but I aint gonna know if they do make better music if I don't even know when their albums are dropping.How much Ghostface promotion did you see outside of NT?

smokin.gif

To this day, I can never understand how and why a grown man can complain about what another grown man is or isn't doing for them. Def Jam aint thegovernment or something where as if they are against you, your pretty much going down. Joey is nice and all, but if you want to win the game champ, startplaying to win. How long is he and these other artists going to keep complaining about what Jay is or isn't doing for them. Here's some advice foryou Joey, take charge of your career for yourself or have as much control as possible, and stop whinning and crying about what another grown man hasn'tdone for you. How long is he going to play the same card out??

if more artists focused on that instead of crying better music would be coming out.
bingo1.jpg

^ So if its your boss' obligation seeing that it is his job to promote your product and he/she doesn't what would you do? Use your own money to promoteyaself? well guess what that is what Joey has been doing but he dont got DJ money to promote himself as good as they can. The thing I dont get wit yall on thisstance is if it was somebody else who was not a rapper yall wouldnt be making this argument. All they are asking is for you to do your job.

smokin.gif

Great Read man. I noticed that he aint B.S.in what he says cause I read two of his interviews and he says the same thing. Some ppl say one thing and oneinterview then turn around and contradict it. I agree wit what he said about Jay. I respect Jay-Z as an artist too, the man's talented but he should havepushed that role to the side once he became president. You can't be an artist AND the person the decides things for the artist b/c it's gon be biasedin ur favor. Also, I miss the days when the hip hop community was balanced as well, now it really seems the only argument is "I'm nice cause I sold 1million ringtones in "x" amount of time." It's time to retro Hip Hop, of course it will never be the same again but we can at least get itto be similar to the early to mid '90's.

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

^ Its not about if he's still can make good music its about his job not being done. I don't why ppl keep taking it to music. Also I'm sure there's a long line of artists on Def Jam that haven't complained YET. Joe already named some other artists who are not satisfied with how things are being handled when it comes to artists(artist development) and their albums. Its like you need every artist on the label to complain to see there's a problem. Why can't you admit that maybe just maybe Ol Man Jigga isn't doing his job to his best capacity? Don't you think there might be a conflict of interest? or is this dude just perfect and everything he touches turns to gold. I can admit that a lot of these artists complaining and not complaining should be making better music, I agree with that but I aint gonna know if they do make better music if I don't even know when their albums are dropping. How much Ghostface promotion did you see outside of NT?

smokin.gif

Buddah I see what you are saying...I am not saying its all about Jay making music. I just dont think any other artist has the right to tell him to stoprapping unless the man is putting out crap and proving that he cant make great music anymore. Thats my only point as far as that goes. As far as Jay not doinghis job...what I want people to tell me and I am not singling you out Buddah but what do you guys expect Jay to do?! If dudes are not putting out what themasses want or the artist currently on the DJ roster are not that marketable would you put all your effort into promotion. At the end of the day its aboutdollars and cents and DJ can not promote everyone equally because everyone is not worth the same promotion. I am not saying Jay is doing the greatest job I amjust saying all the blame does not fall to him. Some of it is him, some of it is the industry in general as far as supply and demand, and a good part of it isthe artists themselves. Some artists just want a handout....promotion just cant be given to you....you have to EARN IT!

And Buddah if Jay was not President I would be saying the same thing....my question to you was if Jay was not president and the same stuff was happening atDJ (which was before he got there) would you be criticizing that individual?! Or are you just nit picking with Jay because of his status? Your question isfair but you have to look at it both ways.

^ So if its your boss' obligation seeing that it is his job to promote your product and he/she doesn't what would you do? Use your own money to promote yaself? well guess what that is what Joey has been doing but he dont got DJ money to promote himself as good as they can. The thing I dont get wit yall on this stance is if it was somebody else who was not a rapper yall wouldnt be making this argument. All they are asking is for you to do your job.
Me, well I would jump ship to someplace else, cause bottomline at the end of the day your bill collectors don't want to hear about your boss(Jay Z) not putting out your hot single, get my drift champ. I hear what your saying to an extent about a boss not doing his/her job, but the only President Iwould complain about ever in life would be the one in the White House. Bottomline, life is too short to just be sitting around complaining about what somebodyelse aint doing for you, and Def Jam aint the only ball game in town. Joey's last album release was back in 2003, its now 2007 going on 2008, do yourealize how much the rap game has changed within those years, and for all intense purposes Joey has just been sitting on the sidelines. I know in lifehigher-ups in a corporation can black-ball you so yes people can for example be against you but that doesn't mean you just sit back and take it. Look atthe Lox back in the day for a good example, they didn't like their contract with Puff, they campaigned, not complained hard to get out of their situationso they did it, without wasting that much time. Do you know how much opportunity and money Joey himself has missed out on, why just sit back and let all thatpass you by?? Makes no sense to me. As the saying goes, either take a !%$! on the pot, or get up.

what I want people to tell me and I am not singling you out Buddah but what do you guys expect Jay to do?!
The same promotion he has for himself should be equal to any other good artist on DJ with a good album. I know its about the money and at the endof the day its about supply n demand but this would be a start in the right direction to atleast try, if it fails then I can understand the lack of support.
And Buddah if Jay was not President I would be saying the same thing....my question to you was if Jay was not president and the same stuff was happening at DJ (which was before he got there) would you be criticizing that individual?! Or are you just nit picking with Jay because of his status? Your question is fair but you have to look at it both ways.
There's no way to prove it but I've been saying Def Jam was a graveyard since Russel left. Before Jigga came into the picture I wasnthappy with the job L.A. Reid was doin there. When Leyor Cohen left I knew things were headin downhill. I hold L.A. Reid in the same regard as Jigga when itcomes to blame its just that he is suppose to focus on the rap artists I assume seeing that he is a rapper if not why would you hire a rapper to handle anothergenre of music? I do look at it from both ways and try my best to be fair when Im judgiing certain situations. Thats why Im not arguing for Beans I personallydont think that album doesn deserve to be supported cuz it aint good enough but dudes like Freeway, Ghost, and Budden should atleast be given a chance, even ifits a chance to fail. I know the internet d/l is abig part but its still hard for me to believe somebody tellin me this rapper wont get this amount of salesbecuz his fanbase isnt big enought how big will you kno it is if you dont promote so he can get a fair chance to catch everybody's eye atleast once? I dontcare who's in the position I'd still have this stance. I say the same about Aftermath thats a real graveyard, if the labels aint doin there jobs whatsthe point? Might as well settle for mixtapes forever and a once in awhile EP.

smokin.gif

The same promotion he has for himself should be equal to any other good artist on DJ with a good album. I know its about the money and at the end of the day its about supply n demand but this would be a start in the right direction to atleast try, if it fails then I can understand the lack of support.

That's not good business sense champ. Currently, there are only 2 maybe 3 artists at best that are either going to to Jay numbers or better, proven saleshistory. So why would they give the same promotion budget to artists that don't necessarily do those numbers, it would be a good waste of time, money andenergy. Some of these artists just need to do a better job of making a better album. If people like your music, hopefully they will buy it, but even in thisday in age there is no guarantee to that as downloading is at an all time high.

There's no way to prove it but I've been saying Def Jam was a graveyard since Russel left. Before Jigga came into the picture I wasnt happy with the job L.A. Reid was doin there. When Leyor Cohen left I knew things were headin downhill.
Well at least we agree on that point.

That's not good business sense champ. Currently, there are only 2 maybe 3 artists at best that are either going to to Jay numbers or better, proven sales history. So why would they give the same promotion budget to artists that don't necessarily do those numbers, it would be a good waste of time, money and energy.
Not necessarily the same amount of money but there are other ways to promote ya artist without paying for it. Book these dudes for numerousinterviews' radio, tv, magazines, that includes all types of tv n radio videos music video box, satellite radio, BCAT, even pirate radio stations if theyhave to where you know there fanbase will catch wind of it. Im just sayin the promo plan for Kanye's LR is > than Ghost, Freeway, n Scarface combined.Im thinking about it and I got to ask is there any promo for Ghost? Ive seen 8 Diagrams commercials and mad interviews but nothing for BDR and you cant tell meWu's album would drown that out cuz I just saw there 1st week sales. If you put them out there more you can atleast get some more than you put into itmoney wise cuz the thing with me is the more they dont get promoted the less they sell, the less they sell the harder it is for them to drop their next album.I wont be surprised if someone doesnt get fired or steps down in a top position that a whole bunch of artists are let out of their contracts just like Joey butthen again I guess thats a good thing cuz maybe its time to move on from Def Jam and just look at them for the music label they are. If they aint gonna supportem let the artists go

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom