Joe Budden explains "Talk to Em", New Album called "Padded Room" & Much more.......

/\ you can't compare promo for a Kanye West to a Ghostface, Freeway and Scarface...dude is a mega artist. Regardless of what promo he gets he's goingto sell. In fact....Graduation had less promo than any other Kanye to date and Stronger/Can't Tell Me Nothing certainly didn't pop off like Gold Diggerdid and he still pushed major numbers cause that's what major artists do. So all these%*!$%%% crying about promo are%*!$%%% that aint going to sell anyway.****** just need to realize the game is changing and your numbers aint going to be like they used to. Thats not to say Jay has been the best president...butthat's to say that these artists problems arent all his fault. I'm still waiting for one of these artists to go somewhere else and do better than thesituation they were in...when that happens then tell me that everything was Jay's fault.

If you put them out there more you can atleast get some more than you put into it money wise cuz the thing with me is the more they dont get promoted the less they sell, the less they sell the harder it is for them to drop their next album. I wont be surprised if someone doesnt get fired or steps down in a top position that a whole bunch of artists are let out of their contracts just like Joey but then again I guess thats a good thing cuz maybe its time to move on from Def Jam and just look at them for the music label they are. If they aint gonna support em let the artists go

I would be shocked if Def Jam wasn't at least doing some type of bare minimum promotion as the likes of which you just mentioned. They want the artist tosell cause they are investing money in the artist project to obviously make money. I just think that in THIS DAY IN AGE, artists are just going to have tocome up with more creative ways to reach the public and definitely start putting out a better product for the consumer to want to purchase. The days of justgetting by with one or two hot songs on your album and it still selling at a decent amount are over.

I'm still waiting for one of these artists to go somewhere else and do better than the situation they were in...when that happens then tell me that everything was Jay's fault.

No doubt, just ask DMX, all that crying and fussing he was doing while at Def Jam and then going over to Sony and doing absolutely nothing andflopping worse than had he been at Def Jam, I'm sure he's still trying to blame Jay Z for that some how some way even still.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

That's not good business sense champ. Currently, there are only 2 maybe 3 artists at best that are either going to to Jay numbers or better, proven sales history. So why would they give the same promotion budget to artists that don't necessarily do those numbers, it would be a good waste of time, money and energy. Some of these artists just need to do a better job of making a better album. If people like your music, hopefully they will buy it, but even in this day in age there is no guarantee to that as downloading is at an all time high.
See I agree with this 100%....I dont think its fair to expect other artists to get the same promotion as Jay. It is just unrealistic....thepromotion an artists recieves is based on his or her marketability. If your not that marketable you will not get promotion dollars like that...its justsimple. Thats business. As Deuce said...artists need to focus first on making better albums and then worry about the promotion. If I was Jay I wouldnt comeout of pocket and throw a ton of dollars into promoting an artist that is not very marketable. I would be wasting my money and at the end of the day thats notgood business. In an ideal world everyone would get the same promotion...however the world and business does not work like that. So to expect it justunrealistic.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by Deuce King

That's not good business sense champ. Currently, there are only 2 maybe 3 artists at best that are either going to to Jay numbers or better, proven sales history. So why would they give the same promotion budget to artists that don't necessarily do those numbers, it would be a good waste of time, money and energy. Some of these artists just need to do a better job of making a better album. If people like your music, hopefully they will buy it, but even in this day in age there is no guarantee to that as downloading is at an all time high.
See I agree with this 100%....I dont think its fair to expect other artists to get the same promotion as Jay. It is just unrealistic....the promotion an artists recieves is based on his or her marketability. If your not that marketable you will not get promotion dollars like that...its just simple. Thats business. As Deuce said...artists need to focus first on making better albums and then worry about the promotion. If I was Jay I wouldnt come out of pocket and throw a ton of dollars into promoting an artist that is not very marketable. I would be wasting my money and at the end of the day thats not good business. In an ideal world everyone would get the same promotion...however the world and business does not work like that. So to expect it just unrealistic.

I definitely agree, and as soon as artist realize that there willl be a lot less *****ing

Back
Top Bottom